The Education Forum

Watergate: What was it all about?

John Simkin

Is this scenario even remotely feasible?

In November 1972, Nixon and Agnew win re-election. Within months, an investigation commences against Spiro Agnew, a sitting Vice-President of the United States.

Nelson Rockefeller expects Nixon to appoint him as VP after Agnew is dumped.

Nixon doesn't want to because of Nelson's image as having too much wealth and ambition, and because he doesn't trust Rockefeller not to kill him to become president.

So Nixon appoints loyal lapdog Ford.

Rockefeller is pissed and stops protecting Nixon from the burglery backlash. Rockefeller unleashes his media and they tear Nixon apart.

The Rockefellers tell Nixon to resign (in disgrace) so Ford moves to President and appoints Nelson Rockefeller Vice-President. Ford pardons Nixon within thirty days; which the Rockefellers think would preclude Ford from the Presidential nomination in 1976, since the country would refuse to vote for him. That paves the way for Nelson.

Taken from:

http://www.senderberl.com/recapturing/america/chapter4.htm

(A novel/fiction/fictional dialogue.)

Not at all a fanciful scenario, that. And let us keep in mind what transpired after the pardon: there were TWO assassination attempts on Ford -with Nelson waiting in the wings.

Interesting, for want of a better word, how the media handled those unsuccessful assassination attempts...there were a couple on Clinton, also, but they seemed more like warnings and were carried out from somewhat of a distance.

JG

Omygod I forgot all about the attempts on Ford. Hm. Thanks John.

Geez, they tried twice within seventeen days?!

"...Those were the words composed by Sara Jane Moore just before her failed assassination attempt on President Gerald Ford on September 22, 1975. Ford had survived another failed assassination attempt by one Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme a mere seventeen days earlier."

http://everything2.com/index.pl?node=Sara%20Jane%20Moore

But Fromm's gun wasn't loaded--weird:

"Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme

...Witness testimony of the incident varies. Lyn was very calm, "Easy boys, I'm still." One witness said Lyn had said, "It wasn't loaded anyway." That testimony was withheld from the trial."

However...

"Sara Jane Moore

...At the tender age of 42, she embraced the so-called "counter-culture" way of life and went underground. Apparently she didn't go too deeply underground. The FBI managed to dig her up and in their infinite wisdom, decided she would be a prime candidate to gather information about the Patty Hearst kidnapping and the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Poor Sara. I guess she wasn't that good of an undercover agent. She was quickly found out by her friends in the underground circles and ostracized.

What's a poor girl gotta do to win her friends back and get a little self-esteem? How `bout shooting the President?

As President Ford was leaving the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, Sara Jane Moore was about forty feet away. She pulled out her .38 caliber Smith & Wesson and took aim.

Fortunately for President Ford, a bystander in the crowd by the name of Oliver Sipple saw what was about to happen and grabbed Moore's arm just as she fired. Instead of hitting its intended target, the bullet ricocheted off a wall and slightly wounded a nearby cab driver.

She was quickly apprehended and brought to trial. At the proceedings, she never once tried to claim her innocence. As a matter of fact, she had this to say.

"There comes a point when the only way you can make a statement is to pick up a gun."

Sara Jane Moore received a life sentence. In 1979, she managed to escape prison but it was short lived. She was apprehended the next day and returned to prison."

Myra, when your "evil Nelson" theory starts taking wings, whereby Manson follower Sqeaky Fromme and wacko Sara Jane Moore are part of the plot, it's time to let it rest. Rocky was never gonna get elected in 76. He didn't even run. Ford dumped him from the VP slot, in fact, because he considered Rocky a political liability, WITHIN HIS OWN PARTY. It was feared that Reagan would get the nomination, with Kennedy assassination conspiracy-promoter Richard Schweicker as his VP, unless Ford made an overture to the right-wing by bringing Dole aboard. Now if you really want to confuse the plot, you can have Reagan--a member of the Rocky commission--picking Schweicker on purpose--to ruin Schweicker's career, and Rocky and Ford, Warren Commission defenders, giving him the "wink-wink-you'll get it next time, Ron." But how reasonable is this? Do you see Reagan, who was already a geezer, putting his presidential hopes aside and taking a fall for Ford? I don't.

It's important to understand that the Democrats had total control of congress in the seventies and that much of what Nixon and Ford did, including the selection of their veeps, was done to appease the Dems. As far as Agnew, he was not forced out by a Rockefeller-led cabal, but was sacrificed by Nixon himself, in order to slow down the Watergate investigation. Agnew himself knew this to be true and makes a case for this in his little-read book. (As opposed to Mao's Little Red Book.)

Ford was picked as Nixon's VP because he was one of the few Republican loyalists popular enough with the Dems to get confirmed. Ford picked Rocky as his VP for the exact same reasons.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In November 1972, Nixon and Agnew win re-election. Within months, an investigation commences against Spiro Agnew, a sitting Vice-President of the United States.

Nixon doesn't want to because of Nelson's image as having too much wealth and ambition, and because he doesn't trust Rockefeller not to kill him to become president.

Rockefeller is pissed and stops protecting Nixon from the burglery backlash. Rockefeller unleashes his media and they tear Nixon apart.

The Rockefellers tell Nixon to resign (in disgrace) so Ford moves to President and appoints Nelson Rockefeller Vice-President. Ford pardons Nixon within thirty days; which the Rockefellers think would preclude Ford from the Presidential nomination in 1976, since the country would refuse to vote for him. That paves the way for Nelson.

Taken from:

Not at all a fanciful scenario, that. And let us keep in mind what transpired after the pardon: there were TWO assassination attempts on Ford -with Nelson waiting in the wings.

Interesting, for want of a better word, how the media handled those unsuccessful assassination attempts...there were a couple on Clinton, also, but they seemed more like warnings and were carried out from somewhat of a distance.

JG

Omygod I forgot all about the attempts on Ford. Hm. Thanks John.

Geez, they tried twice within seventeen days?!

"...Those were the words composed by Sara Jane Moore just before her failed assassination attempt on President Gerald Ford on September 22, 1975. Ford had survived another failed assassination attempt by one Lynette "Squeaky" Fromme a mere seventeen days earlier."

...Witness testimony of the incident varies. Lyn was very calm, "Easy boys, I'm still." One witness said Lyn had said, "It wasn't loaded anyway." That testimony was withheld from the trial."

However...

"Sara Jane Moore

...At the tender age of 42, she embraced the so-called "counter-culture" way of life and went underground. Apparently she didn't go too deeply underground. The FBI managed to dig her up and in their infinite wisdom, decided she would be a prime candidate to gather information about the Patty Hearst kidnapping and the Symbionese Liberation Army.

Poor Sara. I guess she wasn't that good of an undercover agent. She was quickly found out by her friends in the underground circles and ostracized.

What's a poor girl gotta do to win her friends back and get a little self-esteem? How `bout shooting the President?

As President Ford was leaving the St. Francis Hotel in San Francisco, Sara Jane Moore was about forty feet away. She pulled out her .38 caliber Smith & Wesson and took aim.

Fortunately for President Ford, a bystander in the crowd by the name of Oliver Sipple saw what was about to happen and grabbed Moore's arm just as she fired. Instead of hitting its intended target, the bullet ricocheted off a wall and slightly wounded a nearby cab driver.

She was quickly apprehended and brought to trial. At the proceedings, she never once tried to claim her innocence. As a matter of fact, she had this to say.

"There comes a point when the only way you can make a statement is to pick up a gun."

Sara Jane Moore received a life sentence. In 1979, she managed to escape prison but it was short lived. She was apprehended the next day and returned to prison."

Myra, when your "evil Nelson" theory starts taking wings, whereby Manson follower Sqeaky Fromme and wacko Sara Jane Moore are part of the plot, it's time to let it rest. Rocky was never gonna get elected in 76. He didn't even run. Ford dumped him from the VP slot, in fact, because he considered Rocky a political liability, WITHIN HIS OWN PARTY. It was feared that Reagan would get the nomination, with Kennedy assassination conspiracy-promoter Richard Schweicker as his VP, unless Ford made an overture to the right-wing by bringing Dole aboard. Now if you really want to confuse the plot, you can have Reagan--a member of the Rocky commission--picking Schweicker on purpose--to ruin Schweicker's career, and Rocky and Ford, Warren Commission defenders, giving him the "wink-wink-you'll get it next time, Ron." But how reasonable is this? Do you see Reagan, who was already a geezer, putting his presidential hopes aside and taking a fall for Ford? I don't.

It's important to understand that the Democrats had total control of congress in the seventies and that much of what Nixon and Ford did, including the selection of their veeps, was done to appease the Dems. As far as Agnew, he was not forced out by a Rockefeller-led cabal, but was sacrificed by Nixon himself, in order to slow down the Watergate investigation. Agnew himself knew this to be true and makes a case for this in his little-read book. (As opposed to Mao's Little Red Book.)

Ford was picked as Nixon's VP because he was one of the few Republican loyalists popular enough with the Dems to get confirmed. Ford picked Rocky as his VP for the exact same reasons.

Taken from:

Of course it's feasible. All scenarios cobbled together from the Mockingbird headlines always are "feasible." That's why they float.

"Feasible" is an infinite set. You can't run out of "feasible," or there wouldn't be disinformation.

Truth is a little different.

Ashton

Guest John Gillespie

FROM MYRA:

However...

"Sara Jane Moore

Myra,

I've long thought that those attempts ought to be scrutinized with all the zeal given to the JFK assassination. And I'm not kidding, though it's easy for me to say. Think about it (though I suspect you would agree): simply because no one got killed, specifically in this instance President Ford, we dismiss it because we don't want to think about it. I vividly remember those times.

Quickly, it became business as usual within days or even hours ("oh, those nuts, those wackos"...sound familiar?). The perpertrators knew that, counted on it and themselves went about their business with a second go 'round. They moved quickly to dispatch another Lone Nut but this time someone made sure the LN had a loaded weapon (the Squeaky mission wasn't a bad effort under the circumstances and influence).

Oh, how the One-World Insiders must certainly lament what might have been! Agnew had been set up and cashiered during the furor over Our Fuhrer and became a footnote to that period in history where, sans Watergate, l'affaire Spiro would have been treated as the major scandal it actually was. Mr. Standard Oil was queued. Collective breaths were baited. Can you say "Executive Order?"

And they never quit.

JG

Edited by John Gillespie

Guest John Gillespie

Note to Pat:

The "Evil Nelson" theory is no theory. Is there a sane person extant who truly believes this man and his family are somehow anything less?! You shouldn't need a roadmap or a coloring book. The classic coup characteristics and techniques unfolded so simply right in front of us. Trouble was that Nixon was ground zero in the Summer of '74 - the main tent, so to speak - and not many citizens of the world paid much attention to accusations that Agnew said "may I have the envelope, please? " once too often as Baltimore County Executive in the Sixties. None of that is coincidence, bubba.

We're not talking about the period of the '76 Presidential race and I don't understand what it is you don't get about Ford dead, Nelson President. Film at eleven.

JG

FROM MYRA:

However...

"Sara Jane Moore

Myra,

I've long thought that those attempts ought to be scrutinized with all the zeal given to the JFK assassination. And I'm not kidding, though it's easy for me to say. Think about it (though I suspect you would agree): simply because no one got killed, specifically in this instance President Ford, we dismiss it because we don't want to think about it. I vividly remember those times.

Quickly, it became business as usual within days or even hours ("oh, those nuts, those wackos"...sound familiar?). The perpertrators knew that, counted on it and themselves went about their business with a second go 'round. They moved quickly to dispatch another Lone Nut but this time someone made sure the LN had a loaded weapon (the Squeaky mission wasn't a bad effort under the circumstances and influence).

Oh, how the One-World Insiders must certainly lament what might have been! Agnew had been set up and cashiered during the furor over Our Fuhrer and became a footnote to that period in history where, sans Watergate, l'affaire Spiro would have been treated as the major scandal it actually was. Mr. Standard Oil was queued. Collective breaths were baited. Can you say "Executive Order?"

And they never quit.

JG

Well, I guess I gotta ask eventually. Do you think Charles Manson was part of something bigger, i.e., MKUltra kind of mind control? Or is it just a coincidence that Squeaky Fromme was gunning (if not bulleting) for Ford?

• 6 months later...

I have an informant that was closely involved in Watergate. He sends me information about the case but is unwilling to be named as he still fears for his life. This is the latest email that he has sent me.

I continue to look for interesting postings on your JFK Assassination and Watergate web sites and noticed your interest in the December 8, 1972, Chicago plane crash that took the life of Dorothy Hunt.

Before addressing that matter, I'll provide some background information that helped me understand why Mrs. Hunt was on the flight and why she had a substantial amount of cash in her possession.

As I previously disclosed, I contacted Richard Nixon in late November 1971 regarding the conspiracy and apparent homicide I had reported to the corrupted FBI agents in September. My letter, which was accompanied by chronologies and documents that fully supported my allegations, arrived at the White House on the first or second day of December 1971.

Since the intrigue I uncovered had saved my employer's insurance company a much larger sum of money than what was saved by my employer, it became apparent to me that Clement Stone, the Chicago, Illinois, insurance tycoon, was contacted after Nixon received my letter. Stone arrived at the White House for dinner on December 7, 1971, and pledged $1 million for Nixon's 1972 presidential campaign. His arrival occurred the day after Gordon Liddy was officially transferred from the White House to Nixon's re-election committee where he and Howard Hunt began to develop a spy plan that Liddy would call Gemstone. Liddy was told he could spend a million dollars on the project - the same amount Stone had pledged. Moreover, three days after Stone dined with Nixon, an extremely ominous threat on my life began.

It's noteworthy that Liddy approached Hunt in early April 1972 (this was shortly after John Mitchell agreed to give Gemstone a $250,000 budget) and asked him to take a plane to Chicago and deliver a sealed envelope containing cash to a young man he was to meet at Clement Stone's charitable foundation offices.

The young man Hunt met there could have been Thomas Visny, who was killed in an auto accident in early October 1972. Visny, who lived in the Chicago area, was recruited by Donald Segretti and his death occurred in southern Illinois - less than 10 miles from my home and shortly before the media exposed Segretti's activities. I believe Visny was one of the individuals who constantly called my home and said nothing when we answered the telephone.

Nixon must have considered Dorothy Hunt a major problem since he probably suspected that Howard was telling her about the criminal activities at the White House. And the fact that Dorothy was seeing a psychiatrist would indicate she wasn't able to cope with what she was hearing. As you probably know, Dorothy believed her psychiatrist and his wife were murdered on March 2, 1972, when the boat they were in disappeared.

After Howard Hunt was indicted by the Watergate grand jury on September 15, 1972, I recall that the judge issued an order that prevented Hunt from leaving the Washington D. C. area. I therefore believe somebody told Hunt that another trip to Stone's office was required and suggested that Dorothy, who was obviously aware of Howard's earlier trip in April, should carry out the mission. That would explain why she was on that sabotaged flight with the $10,000 in her purse.

There are a couple of other observations to be made regarding Clement Stone's significant involvement in the Watergate scandal. I noticed that he was Nixon's most vocal supporter during the Watergate era and that he provided Dwight Chapin a pay check before, during, and after Chapin's imprisonment. As I previously disclosed, Chapin recruited Segretti a couple of days after I met with the FBI agents.

I once believed that the full truth of the Watergate scandal would expose the malicious plutocracy and finally bring about the changes that are required to enhance the quality of human life. However, I found out that wealthy men, with the help of media executives and politicians, can easily cover up their crimes and thus prevent a fully informed population from abolishing an obsolete economic system that provides undeserved wealth for some and dire poverty for many. Unfortunately, the invincible power of the plutocrats will prevent any constructive change and mankind will continue down the path of self-destruction.

I hope this information helps you understand the genesis of Gemstone and how it eventually caused the death of Dorothy Hunt. Let me know if you have any questions.

Well, I guess I gotta ask eventually. Do you think Charles Manson was part of something bigger, i.e., MKUltra kind of mind control? Or is it just a coincidence that Squeaky Fromme was gunning (if not bulleting) for Ford?

Myra,

I eagerly bring to your attention author Peter Levenda's Sinister Forces trilogy -- in particular the volume sub-titled "The Manson Secret."

It would be easy to dismiss Levanda's subject matter -- unless, of course, one reads his work.

Based on what I can gather from your posted areas of interest, I'm convinced that you'll be thrilled by this material.

Charles

Guest John Gillespie

Myra,

I eagerly bring to your attention author Peter Levenda's Sinister Forces trilogy -- in particular the volume sub-titled "The Manson Secret."

It would be easy to dismiss Levanda's subject matter -- unless, of course, one reads his work.

Based on what I can gather from your posted areas of interest, I'm convinced that you'll be thrilled by this material.

Charles

Charles,

I've spread this around before. It's by the almost non-pareil Jim Hougan (he was, until Ashton Gray appeared like the Holy Ghost on these screens). It's Jonestown Redux and it is both breathtaking and frightening, especially when one considers that, as usual, the mass media never struck this particular chord.

Bon Appetit,

JG

P.S. I'm going to seek the Levenda trilogy. Thanks much.

HOUGAN.jones.doc

Edited by John Gillespie

• 1 month later...

Dear John, the black informant in the Glass House Tapes said that at one point Hunt said there would be an assassination of Nixon and he (informant) could be part of this op. XXXX Now around 1977 I talked to Daniel Ellsberg in a call in Radio show (I think it was KMET here in PASADENA/LA area) . I asked about oil in Vietnam...he replyed NO OIL IN VIETNAM (????) only BORAX. XXXXX Now a book published by (dont know title but Im sure it could easily be found) DeGloyer and McNaughton in late 1950s talked about potential great oil in Vietnam/Cambodia......(and now proven true). Wouldnt CIA have this BOOK ??? XXXXX Crazy anti-nuke protests headed by Ellsberg in isolated cold high desert (one KID died of cold) on railway tracks. SO- SO far away from areas of major MEDIA coverage (use to be closer). XXXX In 80s saw Ellsberg on right-wing TV show with so called inventor neutron bomb. Neutron Bomb inventor ranting against "" liberal"" Ellsberg . Ellsberg replyed ,"Im more conservative than you think. I didnt release all the Pentagon Papers."XXXX When we see how the CIA reclassifed papers and then some were re-released (and rewritten) showing NOW = NOW they predicted KOREAN invasion ...and that overall the PENTAGON PAPERS showed how they (re-written ???) predicted this and that and that ...that.. others didnt follow their (CIA) sound advice.....XXXXX NOW Watergate,gets rid of NIXON politically (with Mockingbird help). CIA wanted NIXON. FAR right of JCS/NAVY wanted NIXON (for CHINA opening) (they were added latter by CIA) . Elites wanted NIXON -NIXON supported negative income tax - this far from the elite Chicago School of economics= taking USA towards a few at top = many at bottom economy-which is happening as we speak. THANKS I hope this adds to your DATUM on Watergate sg

Edited by Steven Gaal

• 3 weeks later...
I have an informant that was closely involved in Watergate. He sends me information about the case but is unwilling to be named as he still fears for his life. This is the latest email that he has sent me.

I continue to look for interesting postings on your JFK Assassination and Watergate web sites and noticed your interest in the December 8, 1972, Chicago plane crash that took the life of Dorothy Hunt.

Before addressing that matter, I'll provide some background information that helped me understand why Mrs. Hunt was on the flight and why she had a substantial amount of cash in her possession.

As I previously disclosed, I contacted Richard Nixon in late November 1971 regarding the conspiracy and apparent homicide I had reported to the corrupted FBI agents in September. My letter, which was accompanied by chronologies and documents that fully supported my allegations, arrived at the White House on the first or second day of December 1971.

Since the intrigue I uncovered had saved my employer's insurance company a much larger sum of money than what was saved by my employer, it became apparent to me that Clement Stone, the Chicago, Illinois, insurance tycoon, was contacted after Nixon received my letter. Stone arrived at the White House for dinner on December 7, 1971, and pledged $1 million for Nixon's 1972 presidential campaign. His arrival occurred the day after Gordon Liddy was officially transferred from the White House to Nixon's re-election committee where he and Howard Hunt began to develop a spy plan that Liddy would call Gemstone. Liddy was told he could spend a million dollars on the project - the same amount Stone had pledged. Moreover, three days after Stone dined with Nixon, an extremely ominous threat on my life began.

It's noteworthy that Liddy approached Hunt in early April 1972 (this was shortly after John Mitchell agreed to give Gemstone a $250,000 budget) and asked him to take a plane to Chicago and deliver a sealed envelope containing cash to a young man he was to meet at Clement Stone's charitable foundation offices.

I regret having had to scant the forum for lo, these many months, but I am jubilant beyond expression at having returned to discover this gem about the Stone in Gemstone; Clement, that is.

My absence has been occasioned by deadlines for two books I was commissioned to write that I am relieved to report finally have been writ. During the process, I was persuaded to write a book on Watergate, which is nearing completion, and without too great an expansion here I have to say that this information is an electrifying complement to the analysis in the book.

Hunt's outre bag-boy errand in early April 1972 to deliver cash to the W. Clement Stone Foundation in Chicago (where Dorothy Hunt later was bound when she was killed) has been given short shrift by Watergate investigators and analysts. And they uniformly have overlooked or dismissed W. Clement Stone's connection to the American Society for Psychical Research (ASPR) and the Spiritual Frontiers Fellowship (SFF), both in New York City.

To do so in the analysis of Watergate is a ruinous oversight.

Ashton