The Education Forum

Oliver Stone's Nixon

Pat Speer

Gee, and I thought we were friends. I surprise myself here by responding to someone who has added NOTHING and who proves my point(s) about the agenda being served.

John Gillespie

Dale Myer's book promotes the Warren Commission agenda, so we must conclude that anyone promoting Dale Myer's book is promoting the Warren Commission's agenda. It's a free country, of course, and Warren Commission apologists like yourself are entitled to their say. But you will have to do better than referencing Dale Myers to prove that the Warren Commission was right.

Mike Griffith did a pretty thorough review/debunking of Myers' Tippit tome a while back. It can be read here. I wonder if Mr. Gillespie has ever come across it?

Owen:

Great to see you back. Hope you are enjoying that ocean!!!

Dale Myers? John have you seen his single bullet animation? It's disgraceful. I am surprised.

Dawn

Guest John Gillespie

Mike Griffith did a pretty thorough review/debunking of Myers' Tippit tome a while back. It can be read here. I wonder if Mr. Gillespie has ever come across it?

Owen:

Great to see you back. Hope you are enjoying that ocean!!!

Dale Myers? John have you seen his single bullet animation? It's disgraceful. I am surprised.

Dawn

Hi. Yeah, he is wrong on JFK, correct on Tippit. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...for very good reasons. The two things are not mutually exclusive and I think - in sentiment and in fact - that concept is in play on The Forum in most quarters.

JohnG (BTW: check out Jack's latest on photos taken from The Eagle).

• 2 weeks later...
Guest John Gillespie

Dale Myer's book promotes the Warren Commission agenda, so we must conclude that anyone promoting Dale Myer's book is promoting the Warren Commission's agenda. It's a free country, of course, and Warren Commission apologists like yourself are entitled to their say. But you will have to do better than referencing Dale Myers to prove that the Warren Commission was right.

You're a nobody, a pathetic wannabe, probably another comfortable liberal and you contribute nothing.

Edited by John Gillespie

• 3 months later...
Guest John Gillespie

Owen,

I appreciate your comments. I have read Mr. Griffith's essay and I think it is admirably constructed and written. However, it suffers from the same influences I see throughout this Forum and elsewhere: that entire packages, or agendae, must be preserved in order for theses to be formed and conclusions drawn.

Mr. Myers spent five years of his life INVESTIGATING this murder. That means countless interviews (in which he punctured the Earlene Roberts and Acquila Clemons balloons, among others), examination of evidence, research, BEING THERE and all the other things that good investigators do. After reading "With Malice" I felt Greg had covered every aspect of his investigation as best as one possibly could have and I therefore concluded that Oswald killed Tippit.

The best and most lucid witnesses were the ones who had the longest periods of time to observe him. Barring some truly extraordinary event - something as altering as the Furman tape in O.J. - a jury would have convicted him because it would have been a day at the beach for a prosecutor. Those who believe evidence was manipulated have not provided anything solid, in my view, and the tenor of their collective arguments has a very distinctive and easily recognizeable drift, that of wishful thinking. I Truly believe they are simply offended because there are those willing to say that LHO was not set up in this murder. That represents, to those so persuaded, the removal of the cloak of martyrdom. It doesn't for me, by the way. Oswald is among so very few in my lifetime who I consider true martyrs. As I have written elsewhere, killing Tippit was the right thing for LHO to do. I'd have done the same. Oh yes, he certainly was a patsy regarding the other murder, committed just a bit earlier.

Up until I read Mr. Myers' book I had not seen anything in this matter resembling a full investigation that addressed matters fairly. I believe the work was honest and thorough and I know whereof I speak. As Mr. Myers and I, in several correspondences, have agreed to disagree about Oswald and the JFK slaying, I'm certain you and I can remain gentlemen towards each other while we agree to do the same, disagree.

Yours Truly,

John Gillespie

Edited by John Gillespie

Gee, and I thought we were friends. I surprise myself here by responding to someone who has added NOTHING and who proves my point(s) about the agenda being served.

John Gillespie

Ray, there are a number of prominent conspiracy theorists who accept the possibility Oswald murdered Tippit. I agree with them; it's possible. You can smell a pro-Warren Commission agenda only when the person saying it's possible or probable takes from this that it's likely Oswald killed Kennedy. No such connection can be made. If Oswald was involved in some operation, but didn't realize this operation entailed killing the president, he would have had plenty of reason to believe he'd been set up. In such case, he would have distrusted the DPD, a notoriously corrupt outfit, and would have been rightly in fear for his life should Tippit bring him in. That the killer of Tippit was reputed to mutter "poor dumb cop" afterwards has always led me to believe it was indeed Oswald, and that Oswald had harbored no intention of killing Tippit until backed into a corner. If Oswald was crazy and attention-starved he would have expressed no remorse. If the killer was someone trying to frame Oswald he would have said nothing at all for fear the witnesses would realize the voice was not Oswald's. If he did say something, it wouldn't have been "poor dumb cop" or something equally compassionate, but "serves you right" or "down with fascists" or something equally incriminating.

Edited by Pat Speer