The Education Forum

Conservatism USA (CUSA), YAF and Dallas 1963

I found this information on the YAF provided by Mae Brussell very interesting. Mr.Caddy of course gets a mention.

1960: Young Americans for Freedom

President Harry Truman warned about the CIA "Gestapo" he had created.

President Eisenhower left the White House fearing the new "military-industrial complex" he handed to us.

In 1960 candidate Richard Nixon was qualified for the job of President. A lot of influential people were sure he was the only choice.

Nixon was familiar with every red scare tactic. From his first campaign against Jerry Voorhis in 1946 for the House seat, or vs. Helen Douglas in the Senate, and working with Sen. Joe McCarthy, he knew it well. The prosecution of Alger Hiss, with such flimsy evidence, proved his value alone.

But Nixon had also accumulated strong connections with members of the crime syndicate, the Vatican hierarchy, defense industries and known nazis. He knew them all.

What if he lost after those seventeen years of preparation? Would there be a back-up team for the future? Could the Pentagon or Reinhard Gehlen visualize leaving the entire United States presidency to chance elections?

Remember what happened to Senator Robert Kennedy on the eve of his primary election in June, 1968? They can't get that close to losing it again, you know. With both Kennedy's gone, Nixon finally made it.

September, 1960, two months before the elections, William F. Buckley Jr. launched his YAF, Young Americans for Freedom, from the grounds on his Connecticut estate.

Prior to that date, Buckley's career was one of the most conservative in the U.S. Following his graduation at Yale, mentor Frank Chodorov grabbed him for purposes related to his job with McCormick's Chicago Tribune.

Buckley served the CIA in Japan from 1950 to 1954.

He also did a stint with CIA in Mexico with E. Howard Hunt.

Co-founder of YAF was Douglas Caddy, whose offices were used by the CIA and Howard Hughes organization, at the time of Watergate illegal entries and other dirty tricks.

After the CIA in Japan, Buckley was ready to publish his own magazine, The National Review. This was an unusual opportunity to bring together the world's most conservative writers for publication and much propaganda accompanied by Buckley's glib innuendos.

Once the publication was going, Buckley decided to bring Young Americans for Freedom to the campus; old ideas, old money, and young minds to mold. Behind the project were always the well-funded military masters, such as the YAF's Tom Charles Huston and the Cointel-Program Nixon cooked up.

The selected advisory board for YAF was a Who's Who of oldies even then: Senator Strom Thurmond, Senator John Tower, Mr. Ronald Reagan, Professor Lev Dobriansky, General Charles Willoughby, and Mr. Robert Morris are a sample.

Robert Morris may not be a household name. But William Buckley knew him well, and Morris, Nixon, and Senator Joe McCarthy were team players. Senator Joe McCarthy's two strongest supporters for him to represent Wisconsin were Frank Seusenbrenner and Walter Harnisfeger. Both admired Adolf Hitler and made continuous trips to Germany.

Senator McCarthy obliged fast enough. Before he went after the Commies in the State Department, he had to release a few of Hitler's elite nazis lingering in the Dachau prison camp. McCarthy beat John McCloy by about three years.

In 1949, during congressional hearings on the Malmedy Massacre, the bloody Battle of the Bulge, McCarthy invited himself to take over the entire testimony. He wasn't satisfied until the prison doors flew open. The most detestable and ugly battle of World War II, an assault upon Americans and civilians in Belgium, was ignored. Hitler's precious Generals Fritz Kraemer and Sepp Dietrick, along with Hermann Priess and many others, were free.

With that business finished, McCarthy took on Robert Morris as Chief Counsel for the Senate Internal Security Subcommittee. Morris' earlier training in Navy Intelligence in charge of USSR counter-intelligence and psychological warfare could be utilized well by Senator Joe. Particularly the psychological warfare part.

After McCarthy died, Morris moved to Dallas, Texas. He was a judge, and became president of Dallas University.

In 1961, a year after Buckley founded YAF, another conservative organization was formed in Munich, Germany, calling itself CUSA, Conservatism USA. These were not students, but members of the U.S. army, soon to be mustered out, then to appear in Dallas, Texas, by November 1963. The host would be Robert Morris.

A correspondence between Larry Schmidt in Dallas, to Bernie Weissman in Munich, Germany, in preparation for their arrival, was published in the Warren Commission Hearings, Vol. XVIII.

Segments of the letters are as follows:

November 2, 1962: Dallas to Munich, Larry Schmidt:

"Gentlemen we got everything we wanted."

"It saved the trouble of infiltration."

"Met with Frank McGee ... (president of the Dallas Council of World Affairs.)"

"Suggest Bernie convert to Christianity and I mean it."

(Bernard Weissman, the only Jew, was brought all the way to Dallas on November 22, 1963, to lend his name to the "Wanted for Treason" fliers handed out to welcome JFK. He testified that the John Birch Society paid for the ads and "wanted a Jewish name at the bottom.")

"We must all return to the church."

"These people are religious bugs."

"I think in terms of 300,000 members, $3,000,000."

"The John Birch Society has a million members. Look for us to merge with them in 1964."

"Arrangements are being made for me to meet the heads of the Dallas John Birch, General Walker, and H.L. Hunt, Texas oil millionaire."

(General Walker had been retired from the military by John Kennedy for his compulsory Pro-Blud indoctrination.)

"I have already met the top editors of the Dallas Morning News, the country's most conservative newspaper."

"These people are radicals but there is a method in their madness. You see, they're all after exactly what we're after."

"No liberal talk whatsoever, none."

"Down here a Negro is a n."

"I mean, no one is ever to say one kind word about niggers."

"Liberals are our enemies."

"The conservative isn't against the Niggers, he just wants to keep him in his place for his own good."

(Pres. John Kennedy and Atty. Gen. Robert Kennedy had waged a bitter battle from Sept. 30 to Oct. 3, 1962, at the University of Mississippi. The integration of one black student brought in the U.S. Army and caused Gen. Edwin Walker to be confined.)

January 4, 1963, Larry Schmidt to B. Weissman, Munich:

"I want big men ... believe me if I had a dozen such men I can conquer the world."

"I will go down in the history books as a great and noble man, or a tyrant."

"I expect to see you here in Dallas, especially Norman and Larry."

"If Jim Mosely is not here by Feb. 15, he is finished."

"One thing had best be understood, I am not playing games here in Dallas and expect you not to play games in Munich."

"I am not here in Dallas for my health or because I think Dallas is a wonderful place."

"Continue to have regular meetings and try to get things back in order in preparation for the big meetings."

February 2, 1963, Larry Schmidt:

"We have succeeded, the mission with which I was charged in Dallas has been achieved."

"Friday night I attended a gathering of the top conservatives in Dallas."

"The meeting was at the home of Dr. Robert Morris, President of the Defenders of American Liberty."

"Present were Mr. George Ward, Detective for Dallas City Police, Mr. Ken Thompson, editorial writer for the Dallas Morning News, Mr. Clyde Moore, former PR man for H.L. Hunt, former UPI writer. (Eight others)."

"I told them exactly what I wanted."

"Others suggested using an already existing movement, named the Young Americans for Freedom, with already 50,000 members."

"CUSA, as set up in Munich, is now an established fact in Dallas, only we are calling it YAF. I think you catch on."

"We are starting Munich chapters of YAF. To spread to Stuttgart, Frankfurt, Heidelberg, Berlin, Kaiserslautern."

"We are getting every top name in business, education, politics, and religion to endorse YAF."

"The advisory board includes 37 congressmen . . . including Sen. Strom Thurmond, Sen. John Tower, and Sen. Barry Goldwater. There is Ronald Reagan, Gen. Mark Clark, Gen. Charles Willoughby, John Wayne, etc."

"Change all your records to read YAF."

"All those months in Munich were not wasted. I accomplished my task in Dallas. I need you here soon. I sold these people on each of you and they are expecting you to come to Dallas and play an important role."

"The days of leisure are over."

"We want to see you, Norman, Jim and Bill Burley back here in Dallas."

"Sheila and my brother will be here in August; Ken Glazebrook in Sept."

June 13, 1963, Larry Schmidt to B. Weissman in Munich, Germany:

"Warren Carroll, our only other recruit to CUSA, is already a PhD and two MS's. Warren is a scriptwriter for Lifeline, the H.L. Hunt television and radio series. Hunt is the millionaire oilman."

"Warren is 32, former CIA man. Don't worry, he has been checked out."

"Hunt checked him out."

(This appears to be a military action, DIA. They have to check out the CIA man, using Hunt's security).

After Jack Ruby was arrested for killing Oswald inside the Dallas jail, there were copies of Warren Carroll's Lifeline on the seat of his car. The section was on "Heroism," on how to become a "hero." This is interesting because one of the first reasons Ruby gave for killing Oswald was, "I wanted to show them a Jew had guts."

"We want to get Norman into the Republic National Bank ... where we are building our credit like crazy for the day we need ready cash."

(The Dallas Republic National Bank was identified by the Washington Post, February 26, 1967, as a conduit of CIA funds since 1958.)

(Connie Trammel, who worked at the Republic National Bank, accompanied Jack Ruby to the office of Lamar Hunt, Wednesday, Nov. 20, 1963, two days before Kennedy was assassinated.)

October 1, 1963, Larry Schmidt to Munich, Germany:

"I have a lot of contacts, bankers, insurance men, realtors."

"My brother began working as an aide to General Walker. Paid full time."

"National Indignation Committee will merge in the Fall of 1963, as soon as Bernie and Norman are in Dallas."

"This is a top secret merger and is not to be discussed outside the movement."

October 29, 1963, Larry Schmidt to Munich Germany:

"This town is a battleground and that is no joke. I am a hero to the right, a stormtrooper to the left."

"I have worked out a deal with the chairman of YAF. The arrangements are always delicate, very delicate. If I don't produce the bodies it is likely Dale (Davenport) will think me a phoney."

"He needs our help now. Adlai Stevenson is scheduled here on the 24th."

"Kennedy is scheduled in Dallas on November 24."

"All big things are happening now."

John

Does anyone know anything about the CUSA set up in Munich and its connections with the Young Americans for Freedom and the assassination of JFK?

I found this information on the YAF provided by Mae Brussell very interesting. Mr.Caddy of course gets a mention.

1960: Young Americans for Freedom

Does anyone know anything about the CUSA set up in Munich and its connections with the Young Americans for Freedom and the assassination of JFK?

V-e-r-y interesting.

Mae's another hero of mine and died under mysterious circumstances.

Dawn

"We want to get Norman into the Republic National Bank ... where we are building our credit like crazy for the day we need ready cash."

(The Dallas Republic National Bank was identified by the Washington Post, February 26, 1967, as a conduit of CIA funds since 1958.)

(Connie Trammel, who worked at the Republic National Bank, accompanied Jack Ruby to the office of Lamar Hunt, Wednesday, Nov. 20, 1963, two days before Kennedy was assassinated.)

John Geraghty quoting Mae Brussel
John Simkin

John & John,

I possibly have something to contribute re CUSA and Robert Morris. But for now, here's what I have on Connie Trammel (with a tenuous link to Morris).

Mae was incorrect above. Connie Trammel was studying journalism at the University of Texas with a PR career in mind at the time she knew Ruby. She later obtained work with the General Advertising Agency located in the Republican National Bank building.

The trip to see Hunt was on the 21st, not the 20th as indicated, which puts it on the same day that Braden's California crew were there.

She was interviewed twice by the FBI. The first (Dec 20, '63 / CE 2270) was simply due to Ruby having her name and contact details in his address book. The second time (July 10, '64 / CE 2291 and duplicated at CE 2888) was as a result of a request by the WC to obtain further details about her interview with Lamar and where Lamar's office was in relation to HL's. One explanation for wanting this information would be because of Braden. According to Braden's HSCA testimony, he had told his PO on 11/21 that he was going to meet with Lamar Hunt. He denied any meeting took place, or that any had actually ever been arranged, and that the mention of Lamar had been "off the cuff". He went on to claim that the following day, when he again felt compelled to visit his PO, his friends went off to a meeting with "Hunt Oil Company Officers." It is possible that the WC knew, or suspected, that Braden and/or his friends had actually been to the Hunt offices on the 21st - the same day Ruby and Trammel were there.

Trammel's first account of her becoming entangled with Ruby:

· Visited Dallas with a bunch of friends from univserity in April, '63 in connection with a boat show.

· Stayed at the Adolphus, opposite the Carousel.

· Went to the Carousel for a party where she met Ruby and had a lengthy conservation with him.

· Graduated and returned to Arkansas for a short period.

· Moved to Dallas mid November, 1963 to look for employment.

· After two days of fruitless job searching, she contacted Ruby to see if he needed anyone. Ruby tried to talk her into "show business" which she declined, as she was thinking more along the lines of a hat-check girl until she could obtain a PR job.

· She contacted Ruby on Nov 20 and informed him she had a meeting with Lamar Hunt.

· Ruby came to her apartment the next day and discussed "employment leads" with her before fdriving her to downtown for her appointment.

· She was with Ruby from about 11am to 1pm.

· On the way downtown, he stopped stopped for a few minutes at the Merchant Bank.

Trammel had married two days prior to the second interview and was now Connie Penny. Her second account had some significant changes:

· Now employed at the General Advertising Agency.

· When she first met Ruby she was with a bunch of friends from the university visiting Dallas and staying at the Adolphus.

· She, and one of the other girls went to see a show at the Carousel. She was on her way to the ladies' room when she was stopped by Ruby who asked if he had met her before.

· She then gave Ruby Ruby her name and number she could be reached on at the university.

· Ruby called her several times at the university trying to talk her into working as a stripper.

· After graduating, she rented an apartment in Dallas and contacte Ruby on several occasions, attempting to get work as a hat-check girl or similar, but Ruby kept saying he had no vacancies of that sort and insisted she could be a stripper.

· Claimed she had never dated Ruby or had "too much conversation" with him.

· On Nov 21, Ruby contacted her, asking if she'd decided yet to do some stripping. At that time, she informed Ruby she had talked with Lamar Hunt and had made an appointment to see him regarding employment

· As she had no personal transport, Ruby offered to drive her, telling her he had "business to transact at the bank".

· Ruby picked her up that morning, exact time unrecalled, and asked how she had made an appointment with Lamar, as he himself would like to meet him.

· She told Ruby that she had called his private home number and a maid gave her a "straight number" into Lamar's office.

· She phoned Lamar and made the appointment to see him. Suite number where she was interviewed was unrecalled.

· Contacted Lamar about employment after reading in a newspaper that Lamar was converting a bowling alley into a "teen-age" club, and believed he would be looking for someone to handle the PR.

· On arrival for her interview, Ruby accompanied her to the elevator, but did not go upstairs. She did not see him again after that.

· On the way there, Ruby had seemed impressed by Lamar's wealth, adding that he knew most of the prominent people in Dallas, but did not know Lamar.

· She did not abtain any employment with Hunt, as he told her he had no plans for anyone to work in the PR field for the club.

From page 25 of Rubies notes for his memoires:

"Groom, and Oldham Lumber Co.

Thurs. Girl called by name of Connie Trammel and asked me to pick her up to drive her downtown, spoke about putting her to work on the phone to call factories about selling twist boards.

Went to layer's [sic] office to meet Joe Johnson about contract."

The problems with Trammel's accounts, quite apart from who contacted whom and when, are:

1. In her second FBI statement, she claimed to have read about Lamar Hunt converting a skate rink into a teen-age club, and that she contacted him thinking he would be hiring someone to do PR. However, on the job application, one question asks, "By what means were you interested in applying for employment here. (applied voluntarily, answered ad, referred by agency etc)", to which she responded, "I picked you because of your name."

2. If she contacted Lamar Hunt about the possibility of work (as per her second statement) she surely would have indicated she was referring specifically to PR work for his proposed teen club. Why, if he wasn't going to hire a PR person, did he then agree to interview her? In any case, would he be doing all his own hiring and firing?

3. If she left Ruby at the elevator and didn't see him again after that, how did she get home? If she so desperately needed a lift to the interview that she accepted one from someone pestering her to become a stripper, why wouldn't need one for the return trip?

Potentially the most important information on Trammel are the first two names she listed for references on the Hunt employment application.

The first name is Don Thornton. Thornton worked at the Ed Maher Ford dealership located on or near Commerce and Griffin. Ed Maher was a McCarthyite. In a letter dated 13 Dec, 1954, he wrote to Richard J O'Melia, a general counsel on McCarthy's Senate Gvernment Operations Committee, thanking him for supporting McCarthy. Also serving that committee was Robert Morris.

See O'Melia's obit. Pay particular attention to his war record, and his work for the Civic Aeronautics Board from 1957:

See also Maher's '54 letter to O'Melia .

Albert G Bogart had worked for Ed Maher Ford prior to his employment with Downtown Lincoln Murcury. See Pizzo testimony.

The second name is Kenneth Zachry. Zachry was a Dallas Patrolman assigned to the Northeast Area Substation. After 6 years with the DPD, he quit to become a Baptist lay minsiter, quitting that in 1975 after his sister-in-law hired two hitmen to kill his brother.

Trammel's job application is here:

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/38/3847-003.gif

Trammel pt 2

See Batchelor Exhibit 5002 for Zachry's name and patrol area.

See story on the hiring of hitmen to kill his brother here: Texarkana Gazette

Greg,

I once researched a potentially interesting circle of connections amongst the right-wing. The Dallas County Chairman and number 1 supporter for Robert Morris was a guy named Bill Dabney. Dabney's wife was President of the Prestoncrest Republican Women's Club and close friends with the wife of Jack Crighton, both women on the committee for fund raising and the like.

There is the possibility that Connie Trammel Penny did some work (possibly volunteer) for Bill Dabney's wife. I have not yet been able to confirm it.

A guy by the name of John Edward Saldana (former student of the National University of Mexico) was the recipient of the Prestoncrest Republican Women's Club's scholarship in 1964 while attending the Arlington State College and then went on many speaking engagements warning that Communism needed to be crushed.

There was the suggestion that Saldana had crossed Oswald's path in Mexico the year before. Some time back, I was able to find Saldana's address and wrote to him. He never replied.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

Greg,

I once researched a potentially interesting circle of connections amongst the right-wing. The Dallas County Chairman and number 1 supporter for Robert Morris was a guy named Bill Dabney. Dabney's wife was President of the Prestoncrest Republican Women's Club and close friends with the wife of Jack Crighton, both women on the committee for fund raising and the like.

There is the possibility that Connie Trammel Penny did some work (possibly volunteer) for Bill Dabney's wife. I have not yet been able to confirm it.

Thanks James,

If it's true, it may be even more interesting than you realise. The guy she married (Phillip) has been a runner for public office in Arkansas as a Democrat.

According to Yarborough bio, The People's Senator, John Connally was secretly working to help George Bush, Sr to defeat Yarborough. What you posit may fit with that.

She certainly wasn't against working for/with Right Wingers, as shown by her willingness to work for Lamar Hunt and previous employment with KTFS and the Texarkana Gazette.

A guy by the name of John Edward Saldana (former student of the National University of Mexico) was the recipient of the Prestoncrest Republican Women's Club's scholarship in 1964 while attending the Arlington State College and then went on many speaking engagements warning that Communism needed to be crushed.

There was the suggestion that Saldana had crossed Oswald's path in Mexico the year before. Some time back, I was able to find Saldana's address and wrote to him. He never replied.

FWIW.

James

• 3 years later...

John Geraghty quoting Mae Brussel
John Simkin

John & John,

I possibly have something to contribute re CUSA and Robert Morris. But for now, here's what I have on Connie Trammel (with a tenuous link to Morris).

Mae was incorrect above. Connie Trammel was studying journalism at the University of Texas with a PR career in mind at the time she knew Ruby. She later obtained work with the General Advertising Agency located in the Republican National Bank building.

The trip to see Hunt was on the 21st, not the 20th as indicated, which puts it on the same day that Braden's California crew were there.

She was interviewed twice by the FBI. The first (Dec 20, '63 / CE 2270) was simply due to Ruby having her name and contact details in his address book. The second time (July 10, '64 / CE 2291 and duplicated at CE 2888) was as a result of a request by the WC to obtain further details about her interview with Lamar and where Lamar's office was in relation to HL's. One explanation for wanting this information would be because of Braden. According to Braden's HSCA testimony, he had told his PO on 11/21 that he was going to meet with Lamar Hunt. He denied any meeting took place, or that any had actually ever been arranged, and that the mention of Lamar had been "off the cuff". He went on to claim that the following day, when he again felt compelled to visit his PO, his friends went off to a meeting with "Hunt Oil Company Officers." It is possible that the WC knew, or suspected, that Braden and/or his friends had actually been to the Hunt offices on the 21st - the same day Ruby and Trammel were there.

Trammel's first account of her becoming entangled with Ruby:

· Visited Dallas with a bunch of friends from univserity in April, '63 in connection with a boat show.

· Stayed at the Adolphus, opposite the Carousel.

· Went to the Carousel for a party where she met Ruby and had a lengthy conservation with him.

· Graduated and returned to Arkansas for a short period.

· Moved to Dallas mid November, 1963 to look for employment.

· After two days of fruitless job searching, she contacted Ruby to see if he needed anyone. Ruby tried to talk her into "show business" which she declined, as she was thinking more along the lines of a hat-check girl until she could obtain a PR job.

· She contacted Ruby on Nov 20 and informed him she had a meeting with Lamar Hunt.

· Ruby came to her apartment the next day and discussed "employment leads" with her before fdriving her to downtown for her appointment.

· She was with Ruby from about 11am to 1pm.

· On the way downtown, he stopped stopped for a few minutes at the Merchant Bank.

Trammel had married two days prior to the second interview and was now Connie Penny. Her second account had some significant changes:

· Now employed at the General Advertising Agency.

· When she first met Ruby she was with a bunch of friends from the university visiting Dallas and staying at the Adolphus.

· She, and one of the other girls went to see a show at the Carousel. She was on her way to the ladies' room when she was stopped by Ruby who asked if he had met her before.

· She then gave Ruby Ruby her name and number she could be reached on at the university.

· Ruby called her several times at the university trying to talk her into working as a stripper.

· After graduating, she rented an apartment in Dallas and contacte Ruby on several occasions, attempting to get work as a hat-check girl or similar, but Ruby kept saying he had no vacancies of that sort and insisted she could be a stripper.

· Claimed she had never dated Ruby or had "too much conversation" with him.

· On Nov 21, Ruby contacted her, asking if she'd decided yet to do some stripping. At that time, she informed Ruby she had talked with Lamar Hunt and had made an appointment to see him regarding employment

· As she had no personal transport, Ruby offered to drive her, telling her he had "business to transact at the bank".

· Ruby picked her up that morning, exact time unrecalled, and asked how she had made an appointment with Lamar, as he himself would like to meet him.

· She told Ruby that she had called his private home number and a maid gave her a "straight number" into Lamar's office.

· She phoned Lamar and made the appointment to see him. Suite number where she was interviewed was unrecalled.

· Contacted Lamar about employment after reading in a newspaper that Lamar was converting a bowling alley into a "teen-age" club, and believed he would be looking for someone to handle the PR.

· On arrival for her interview, Ruby accompanied her to the elevator, but did not go upstairs. She did not see him again after that.

· On the way there, Ruby had seemed impressed by Lamar's wealth, adding that he knew most of the prominent people in Dallas, but did not know Lamar.

· She did not abtain any employment with Hunt, as he told her he had no plans for anyone to work in the PR field for the club.

From page 25 of Rubies notes for his memoires:

"Groom, and Oldham Lumber Co.

Thurs. Girl called by name of Connie Trammel and asked me to pick her up to drive her downtown, spoke about putting her to work on the phone to call factories about selling twist boards.

Went to layer's [sic] office to meet Joe Johnson about contract."

The problems with Trammel's accounts, quite apart from who contacted whom and when, are:

1. In her second FBI statement, she claimed to have read about Lamar Hunt converting a skate rink into a teen-age club, and that she contacted him thinking he would be hiring someone to do PR. However, on the job application, one question asks, "By what means were you interested in applying for employment here. (applied voluntarily, answered ad, referred by agency etc)", to which she responded, "I picked you because of your name."

2. If she contacted Lamar Hunt about the possibility of work (as per her second statement) she surely would have indicated she was referring specifically to PR work for his proposed teen club. Why, if he wasn't going to hire a PR person, did he then agree to interview her? In any case, would he be doing all his own hiring and firing?

3. If she left Ruby at the elevator and didn't see him again after that, how did she get home? If she so desperately needed a lift to the interview that she accepted one from someone pestering her to become a stripper, why wouldn't need one for the return trip?

Potentially the most important information on Trammel are the first two names she listed for references on the Hunt employment application.

The first name is Don Thornton. Thornton worked at the Ed Maher Ford dealership located on or near Commerce and Griffin. Ed Maher was a McCarthyite. In a letter dated 13 Dec, 1954, he wrote to Richard J O'Melia, a general counsel on McCarthy's Senate Gvernment Operations Committee, thanking him for supporting McCarthy. Also serving that committee was Robert Morris.

See O'Melia's obit. Pay particular attention to his war record, and his work for the Civic Aeronautics Board from 1957:

See also Maher's '54 letter to O'Melia .

Albert G Bogart had worked for Ed Maher Ford prior to his employment with Downtown Lincoln Murcury. See Pizzo testimony.

The second name is Kenneth Zachry. Zachry was a Dallas Patrolman assigned to the Northeast Area Substation. After 6 years with the DPD, he quit to become a Baptist lay minsiter, quitting that in 1975 after his sister-in-law hired two hitmen to kill his brother.

Trammel's job application is here:

http://jfk.ci.dallas.tx.us/38/3847-003.gif

Trammel pt 2

See Batchelor Exhibit 5002 for Zachry's name and patrol area.

See story on the hiring of hitmen to kill his brother here: Texarkana Gazette

Greg,

Thanks James,

If it's true, it may be even more interesting than you realise. The guy she married (Phillip) has been a runner for public office in Arkansas as a Democrat.

According to Yarborough bio, The People's Senator, John Connally was secretly working to help George Bush, Sr to defeat Yarborough. What you posit may fit with that.

She certainly wasn't against working for/with Right Wingers, as shown by her willingness to work for Lamar Hunt and previous employment with KTFS and the Texarkana Gazette.

bumped for any insights Mark Lane may be able to contribute.

"Sheila and my brother will be here in August; Ken Glazebrook in Sept." - Anyone know who Sheila is/was?

Thank you Greg. I'll look into that having come across a Sheila in unrelated documents that while id'ing most on the lists they merely mention a Sheila but gives no further information. If you have an indepth link to her please post it. It'd be interesting if it's the same Sheila. (no aussie pun intended)

adit:typos

Edited by John Dolva