The Education Forum

Croft photo in color

Where did the color version come from?

I don't think my reply posted?

Jack - we may be able to score a high res copy in Trask's latest - I am not sure it that is National Nightmare on Six feet of film. Checking...well, Trask has it that Croft was using color slide film. I have a color version but it's crap. It may not be in National Nightmare - I saw it on an eBay posting, for a book by Trask - but I don't know if National is it. I did a quick view on Amazon - the Croft in 'National' seems to be a B&W.

I'd also very much like to see a high res color copy.

- lee

post-675-1152809818_thumb.jpg

Is it possible that the self-proclaimed ZAPRUDER FILM EXPERT hasn't read Richard Trask's 2005 book National Nightmare, which is all about the Zapruder film? It's a book that is loaded with related photographs - some of which are previously unpublished. For instance, here is a good photo (see insert) of Sitzman standing next to that pedestal that you like to claim she was never on.

post-1084-1152819499_thumb.jpg

There is even a good photo of Zapruder just inside the doorwary where you can see his face, while most other prints are too dark to tell that it is Mr. Z. Inside this book is also the color version of the Croft photo.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Is it possible that the self-proclaimed ZAPRUDER FILM EXPERT hasn't read Richard Trask's 2005 book National Nightmare, which is all about the Zapruder film? It's a book that is loaded with related photographs - some of which are previously unpublished. For instance, here is a good photo (see insert) of Sitzman standing next to that pedestal that you like to claim she was never on.

post-1084-1152819499_thumb.jpg

There is even a good photo of Zapruder just inside the doorwary where you can see his face, while most other prints are too dark to tell that it is Mr. Z. Inside this book is also the color version of the Croft photo.

Bill Miller

Great Moorman photo of Zapruder, I'd recognize him ANYWHERE!

Thanks, Bill, for the Croft information. I was wondering the same thing. After reading Pictures of the Pain last year, and coming across Croft's statement that he still had his original color slides, I was wondering when they'd show up. It only makes sense that it would be Trask himself to release the color Croft on the world. With the color Croft you can tell that the "bunched jacket" claims of SBT theorists are bs. The folds in the jacket are on Kennedy's right shoulder and would not lift the middle part of his jacket two inches.

Edited by Pat Speer

I have never heard of Trask's new book.

Jack

Jack, I mentioned Trask book when we were all debating the authenticty of Zapruder's film.

Bill Miller

Bill - Jack is 80 years old - can't you cut him some slack, or give him a little respect on the basis of his age at least? If you have the full color version - why not just post it. It's like picking on your grandfather man.

Sorry - even if I don't agree with Jack, I still have respect for the man. Felt like I had to say something. Can't you guys bury the hatchet?

- lee

Jack, I mentioned Trask book when we were all debating the authenticty of Zapruder's film.

Bill Miller

Bill - Jack is 80 years old - can't you cut him some slack, or give him a little respect on the basis of his age at least? If you have the full color version - why not just post it. It's like picking on your grandfather man.

I don't care if Jack is 180 years old, when he makes claims and states evidence of the case, newbies take those things as fact because of who has said them. So just so you know ... I don't post for Jack's sake, but more for the new researcher who deserves to have the facts straight and an explanation as to why a certain claim is not valid.

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

Bill Miller

I don't care if Jack is 180 years old, when he makes claims and states evidence of the case, newbies take those things as fact because of who has said them. So just so you know ... I don't post for Jack's sake, but more for the new researcher who deserves to have the facts straight and an explanation as to why a certain claim is not valid.

Bill Miller

For the first time I saw your point of view - on the Miller photo. I believe you are right. That does not mean that I agree that 'all' of the photos are not altered. I don't know which, or why. I do believe that alteration occurred on some -- For reasons - I don't even pretend to understand - I guess I am simply asking to take it easy on Jack - he knows that something is awry, and perhaps he knows this is his last chance to make a mark and figure it out. At least give him some professional courtesy. We may not have him around for very much longer - who knows? Keep it objective - don't say anything you might regret? He's one of the original pioneers. Help him out if you know he is wrong? He's obstinate, cranky :angry: , and sometimes may not admit he's wrong - but he's certainly done his part in asking questions - even if he's been off on a few? ;)

- lee

Great Moorman photo of Zapruder, I'd recognize him ANYWHERE!

It's ashame that you do not believe in actual research or you'd get Trask's book and look at the photo of Mr Z just inside the shelter door with the Hester and Sitzman.

Bill Miller

We may not have him around for very much longer - who knows? Keep it objective - don't say anything you might regret? He's one of the original pioneers. Help him out if you know he is wrong? He's obstinate, cranky :angry: , and sometimes may not admit he's wrong - but he's certainly done his part in asking questions - even if he's been off on a few? ;)

- lee

I hope Jack lives to be 100, but that has little to do with JFK's assassination. I have posted that Jack had done some good things many years ago, but at the same time no one of us is immune to the damage that has been done in recent years from poorly thought out or ill researched claims. Even an aging home run hitter knows whats best for his team when his play has become counter productive.

Bill

Edited by Bill Miller