The Education Forum

Moderators:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John - this reeks of a double standard he said "I don't have one that I can post" and just over 4 hours later you suspended him. Was he aware that this was mandatory? David Healy, the person who complained about DRVP, refused "point-blank" to comply with a similar forum rule, submitting a bio, and was given several weeks (Or was it months? I don't remember anymore) to comply. Von Pein's "refusal" seemed jocular to me it didn't sound like he knew he was obliged to upload a photo; Healy's refusal on the other hand was clearly an attempt to defy forum rules. At the very least, as Peter Lemkin suggested, he (DRVP) should have been asked by one of the moderators to comply and given a reasonable amount of time (2 – 3 days).

You have no idea of the private communication with David R. Von Pein since he has arrived on this forum. From day one he said he had no intention of supplying me with a photograph. I should have deleted his membership there and then. .

I was mistaken and appologize John but that wasn't clear from your posts on the subject. It seemed to me that you suspended him because of the post above. Based on what you've told us I agree with you action and would go one furthur and say even if he relents and sends you a photo that you not admit him.
As I have said before, if you don't like the way I run this forum, please leave
Sounds sort of like the right-wingers who told protesters in the 60's and 70's "America, love it or leave it". So we are supposed to be able to question the actions of the government and discuss just about any topic here except the actions of the moderators of this forum?

Thanks, John and Dawn. It is nice to know that some THINKERS inhabit

the forum, instead ALL being goofuses who let others do their thinking for them.

Thinkers? Where??

235-830-dumb.jpg

BS you should be congratulated. It is rare for a person to recognize their own weaknesses especially when it comes to a lack of intelligence. It is even rarer for them admit to such defects publicly. Congratulations once again, you are to be commended for your self recognition and honesty!

Edited by Len Colby

John - this reeks of a double standard he said "I don't have one that I can post" and just over 4 hours later you suspended him. Was he aware that this was mandatory? David Healy, the person who complained about DRVP, refused "point-blank" to comply with a similar forum rule, submitting a bio, and was given several weeks (Or was it months? I don't remember anymore) to comply. Von Pein's "refusal" seemed jocular to me it didn't sound like he knew he was obliged to upload a photo; Healy's refusal on the other hand was clearly an attempt to defy forum rules. At the very least, as Peter Lemkin suggested, he (DRVP) should have been asked by one of the moderators to comply and given a reasonable amount of time (2 – 3 days).

You have no idea of the private communication with David R. Von Pein since he has arrived on this forum. From day one he said he had no intention of supplying me with a photograph. I should have deleted his membership there and then. .

I was mistaken and appologize John but that wasn't clear from your posts on the subject. It seemed to me that you suspended him because of the post above. Based on what you've told us I agree with you action and would go one furthur and say even if he relents and sends you a photo that you not admit him.
As I have said before, if you don't like the way I run this forum, please leave
Sounds sort of like the right-wingers who told protesters in the 60's and 70's "America, love it or leave it". So we are supposed to be able to question the actions of the government and discuss just about any topic here except the actions of the moderators of this forum?

the forum, instead ALL being goofuses who let others do their thinking for them.

Thinkers? Where??

235-830-dumb.jpg

BS you should be congratulated. It is rare for a person to recognize their own weaknesses especially when it comes to a lack of intelligence. It is even rarer for them admit to such defects publicly. Congratulations once again, you are to be commended for your self recognition and honesty!

For the first time, Colby makes an accurate posting!

Way to go, Colby!

Jack

2006, 08:52 PM']

Thinkers? Where??

For the first time, Colby makes an accurate posting!

Way to go, Colby!

Jack

I totally agree. Colby yours is the post of the day!

Jack, I never believed in the moon landing from day one.

("Back in the summer of '69..."

Guess I will just have to visit that LBJ space center for "proof" :)

Dawn

Guess I will just have to visit that LBJ space center for "proof" :)

Check out those 4.5-billion-year-old rocks. They didn't come from anywhere on Earth.

Edited by Ron Ecker