The Education Forum

Pierre Antoine Finck

ARRB MD 17 – CBS – Memorandum from Les Midgley to John J. McCloy (1/11/67) pg

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...absPageId=66496

Dear Mr. McCloy:

Thanks very much for letting me see this proof. I agree that it is a very well reasoned and excellent summary of the critics and their cases. Maybe Professor Goodhart would be a good man to participate in our project. We will talk to him as well as Lord Devlin.

As we get into the pathology side of the case it seems more important than ever for us to get a statement – if possible – from Humes, Boswell and Finck that examination of the x-rays and color pictures does not change their findings and we certainly would appreciate your assistance in obtaining some. All three have absolutely refused to be interviewed and Dr. Humes would not even see one of our producers in person, preferring to talk on the telephone. (I have been told, by a man who is a personal friend of Dr. Humes, that he says one of the x-rays shows a wire left in the bullet path through the neck. If this is indeed true, publication of same would resolve forever the discussion about back verses neck wound and generally settle the dust about the autopsy.)

Thanks again for your interest,

Leslie Midgley

Executive Producer, Special Reports

Mr. John J. McCloy

Milbank, Tweed, Hedley, & McCloy

One Chase Manhattan Plaza

New York, New York,

January 11, 1967

BILL KELLY NOTES: ONE WEEK AFTER THIS JANUARY 11, 1967 LETTER TO MCCLOY, DR. FINCK IS RECALLED FROM VIETNAM IN ORDER TO SIGN OFFICIAL DOCUMENTS THAT VERIFY THAT JFK'S AUTOPSY PHOTOS AND X-RAYS DON'T CHANGE THE CONCLUSION OF THE AUTOPSY REPORT THAT JFK WAS KILLED BY A GUNSHOT TO THE HEAD FROM BEHIND.

ACCORDING TO DOUG HORNE, IN HIS INTERVIEW WITH DICK RUSSELL AND IN HIS FORTHCOMING BOOK (INSIDE THE ARRB), A SECOND REVIEW OF THE BRAIN WAS UNDERTAKEN A WEEK AFTER THE AUTOPSY, A STAGED REVIEW DESIGNED TO FOOL DR. FINCK, USING A BRAIN OTHER THAN JFK'S BRAIN, WHICH HAD BEEN RETURNED TO RFK AFTER THE FIRST BRAIN REVIEW ON THE MONDAY MORNING AFTER THE ASSASSINATION BEFORE THE AFTERNOON FUNERAL.

THE SECOND BRAIN REVIEW WAS STAGED IN ORDER TO GET DR FINCK TO SIGN OFF ON THE AUTOPSY REPORT THAT JFK WAS KILLED BY A GUNSHOT TO THE HEAD FROM BEHIND.

IN HIS REPORT TO HIS SUPERIOR FOLLOWING THE SECOND BRAIN REVIEW STAGED TO GET HIS APPROVAL, FINCK REPORTED THAT THE BRAIN THEY EXAMINED DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THE SAME BRAIN THAT HAD BEEN REMOVED AT THE AUTOPSY, BEFORE HE GOT THERE, AND PLACED IN A BUCKET THAT HAD LOST HALF ITS MASS AND WIGHT.

AND INDEED, WE NOW KNOW IT WASN'T JFK'S BRAIN BECAUSE IT WEIGHTED THE SAME AS A FULL BRAIN, WAS PHOTOGRAPHED BY A DIFFERENT PHOTOGRAPHER THAN THE REAL BRAIN, AND THE COLOR PHOTOS SHOW A BRAIN THAT IS THE COLOR AND TEXTURE OF A BRAIN THAT HAD BEEN IN FORMALDAHIDE SOLUTION FOR MORE THAN A WEEK, OR BEFORE JFK WAS SHOT. IT WASN'T HIS BRAIN.

AND FINCK KNEW THAT, AND MENTIONED HIS SUSPICIONS, BUT SIGNED OFF ON THE AUTOPSY REPORT AND BRAIN EXAM ANYWAY.

BUT THEN, FOUR YEARS LATER, HE IS SUDDENLY RECALLED FROM VIETNAM IN ORDER TO REVIEW THE PHOTOS AND X-RAYS OF THE AUTOPSY TO RE-CERTIFY THE FACT THEY DO NOT CHANGE THE CONCLUSIONS OF THE AUTOPSY REPORT, AND HE COMPLAINS THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE USED A MORE REFINED MEASUREMENT AND THAT HE DIDN'T SEE ANY HEAD BONE BULLET ENTRANCE - THAT HE EXPECTED TO SEE.

WHAT WERE THE NAVY DOCKS TRYING TO PULL OVER ON THE ARMY DOC FINCK?

ARRB MD 32 – Finck Privileged Communication Dated 10 Feb 67

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...oc.do?docId=613

COVER SHEET

Return (temporary) of Finck, from Vietnam to Washington, DC, to examine at the Archives of the US, photos and x-ray film from the autopsy of President Kennedy

Jan 67

PRIVILEGED COMMUNICATION

On 17 Jan 67, while on duty in Vietnam as CD, 9th Med Lab, I received a phone call in Saigon from the Pers Off, 44th Med Brig., that I had to spend 7 days in the Office of the Surgeon General (OTSG) in Washington.

On orders issued by HQ, US Army Vietnam, at the request of LTG Heaton, The Surgeon General, I left Saigon in a Boeing 707 on 19 Jan 67 at 1515 hrs and arrived at Travis AFB, CA, on 19 Jan at 1750 hrs after one stop at Yakota AB near Tokyo and one stop at Anchorage, AK. At Travis, an Army car took me to the San Francisco Airport, 70 miles away. I flew non-stop from SF to Dulles in a Douglas DC8, in 4-1/2 hours. I landed at Dulles on 20 Jan at 0540, 27 hours after the departure from Saigon. An Army car took me from Dulles to the Delano Hall BOQ at Walter Reed. I stopped by my house where I found a note from my wife who had returned from Belgium the night before.

On 20 Jan at 0900, I had an interview with LTG Heaton ion his office, 18th St. & Constitution Ave NW. He told me that I had to go to the Dept of Justice.

I went to Justice, 9th & Pennsylvania Ave NW, where Barefoot Sanders expected me. He was Assistant Attorney General, Civil Division. He told me that I had to examine the photos taken at the autopsy of Kennedy and that I had never seen.

A lawyer, Carl Eardley, with Justice for 35 years was present. At 1700, I ent to Bethesda National Naval Medical Center to meet CPT Humes, Chief of Lab and CDR J.T. Boswell, USN, Ret. Pathologist at Suburban Hosptial, Bethesda. We met in CPT Humes Office and went to diner in Bethesda. At 1900 hours, 20 Jan, we went to the Archives of the US, Earley was waiting for us. We met Dr Bahmer, Archivist of the US. We examined in his office the photos and x-rays of the Kennedy autopsy. I had seen the x-rays, not the photos. These were 8 x 10 color prints and 4 x 5 color positive transparencies, showing:

Entry, back

Entry, back of head (scalp)

Exit, head (scalp)

Exit, head (bone)

I saw no photos of bone of entry; I thought we had photographed the xxxxxx outside and inside of entry wound in skull.

There were 2 4x5 sheets of color film with no image.

We remained in the Archives until midnight, having prepared a statement comparing the illustrations with our autopsy report.

On 26 Jan 67 at 1700, we met at Suburban Hosptial: Humes, Boswell, Earley and myself. I objected to the fact that equivalents of our measurements in mm were given to the 3rd decimal in inches ! The two other prosectors agreed that measurements to 1/100 inch were precise enough and that 1/1000 inch was unnecessary.

The statement had been prepared by Justice Dept. We signed the statement.

My conclusion is that the photos and x-rays of the autopsy of President Kennedy do not modify our conclusions stated in the autopsy report.

Pierre A. Finck

7541 14th St NW

Washington, DC

I am scheduled to return to Vietnam tomorrow to finish my 12-month tour.

These notes are not to be released TYPED IN BRUSSELS on SUNDAY 26 FEB 79.

FROM HAND-WRITTEN NOTES OF 1967.

Barefoot Saunders requests chain-of-custody of autopsy photos and x-rays be established, around the same time - 1967 - that Dr. Finck is recalled from Vietnam in order to review and re-certify the autopsy photos and x-rays.

What's going on here?

Is this all for the CBS TV show?

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...amp;relPageId=1

• 2 weeks later...
Barefoot Saunders requests chain-of-custody of autopsy photos and x-rays be established, around the same time - 1967 - that Dr. Finck is recalled from Vietnam in order to review and re-certify the autopsy photos and x-rays.

What's going on here?

Bumped for Jim Root.

BK

What's going on here?

Bumped for Jim Root.

BK

I suspect so. In part 3 of my video series I show how Finck's recall from Vietnam and the January re-inspection of the medical evidence closely followed Midgley's memo to McCloy asking for access to the doctors, and McCloy's subsequent trip to Washington, in which he met with numerous government officials.