The Education Forum

I've just been asked to head up Leisure and tourism at my college but have found absolutely nothing anywhere worth looking at for this subject. Might I suggest another additional area in which the vocational areas might be able to swap ideas as this is going to be an area which will defintiely be taking centre stage in a number of colleges and schools seeking to raise achievement in the next few years.

Vocational subjects certainly seem under represented on the internet. I would certainly be in favour of a Vocational Studies section of our forum. I have a seldom visited section of my my own website dedicated to vocational Health and Social Care. Does anyone know of any other good web based resources for vocational subjects? Would anyone be interested in moderating a Vocational studies section of Curriculum Subjects if I set one up?? How about you Dave??

The simple truth is that I know next to nothing about them! I'm now in charge of Leisure and Tourism at my college and I'm desperate for it to be a success but I'm finding it hard to get my ideas together and know what to do hence my looking for a suitable place to ask important questions. There must be someone out there who knows something?

Must admit that I bet myself that when I posted the first comment the reply would be to possibly lead a possibly discussion area. I won!

Edited by dave wallbanks

The simple truth is that I know next to nothing about them! I'm now in charge of Leisure and Tourism at my college and I'm desperate for it to be a success but I'm finding it hard to get my ideas together and know what to do hence my looking for a suitable place to ask important questions. There must be someone out there who knows something?

Must admit that I bet myself that when I posted the first comment the reply would be to possibly lead a possibly discussion area. I won!

One thing you will notice as you teach a vocational subject Dave is that there is a dearth of online material available to support the students. A central place where those few who are creating resources (online or offline) can share like this forum would be a start. I will set one up and send the details to all the centres I know run these courses and to the LSDA. Hopefully then we might can something useful started.

Enjoy your winnings ;)