The Education Forum

Left, right split?

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

It has recently been argued, on another thread, that all C/Ts are leftist/liberal in political ideology, and, by extension that all Conservatives accept the W/C findings. Many years ago whilst working as a trade union recruiter, I knew a guy who was an absolute Thatcher fanatic, as far as he was concerned the Sun rose out of her ass, and anyone who opposed her was a traitor and a Commie. The only subject we agreed upon was the assasination, and the worth of the W/C(soft, strong and throughly absorbant) We talked a lot about this, it was the only subject we COULD talk about without comming to blows, and he was convinced that the CIA, LBJ and Hoover were responsible. Do other Members have a conservative family member, friend, workmate who is a C/T.

I knew a guy who was an absolute Thatcher fanatic, as far as he was concerned the Sun rose out of her ass, and anyone who opposed her was a traitor and a Commie.

I've often wondered where The Sun got its editorial content. Everything is clear to me now :D

It has recently been argued, on another thread, that all C/Ts are leftist/liberal in political ideology, and, by extension that all Conservatives accept the W/C findings. Many years ago whilst working as a trade union recruiter, I knew a guy who was an absolute Thatcher fanatic, as far as he was concerned the Sun rose out of her ass, and anyone who opposed her was a traitor and a Commie. The only subject we agreed upon was the assasination, and the worth of the W/C(soft, strong and throughly absorbant) We talked a lot about this, it was the only subject we COULD talk about without comming to blows, and he was convinced that the CIA, LBJ and Hoover were responsible. Do other Members have a conservative family member, friend, workmate who is a C/T.

I do not see conspiracy study as a matter of political leaning

but rather a matter of intellectual curiosity. Most are politically

independent instead of partisan, because they can see through

the intellectual vacuum of having a "party" shape their thoughts.

I abhor the thought of being labeled Democrat or Republican.

I am an INDEPENDENT. My heroes are Jefferson, Franklin and

others of the founding fathers who were men of character and

intellect. With fools like Cheney and Bush, the US has truly

lost its way. But the other party is no better. We need men

like Jefferson and Franklin to refound the country, and revolt

against the new King George.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

It has recently been argued, on another thread, that all C/Ts are leftist/liberal in political ideology, and, by extension that all Conservatives accept the W/C findings.

Consider the source of the comment, Stephen.

Many years ago whilst working as a trade union recruiter, I knew a guy who was an absolute Thatcher fanatic, as far as he was concerned the Sun rose out of her ass, and anyone who opposed her was a traitor and a Commie. The only subject we agreed upon was the assasination, and the worth of the W/C(soft, strong and throughly absorbant) We talked a lot about this, it was the only subject we COULD talk about without comming to blows, and he was convinced that the CIA, LBJ and Hoover were responsible. Do other Members have a conservative family member, friend, workmate who is a C/T.

Yes, and it was for precisely this reason that I asked other Forum members to judge Tim Gratz on the content of his posts, rather than the ideology of his politics. What's true is true, irrespective of who speaks it, and what is false remains false, irrespective of who speaks it.

One cannot judge the merit of a conservative's ideas merely based upon his or her party affiliation. Nor must one rush to judgement about all conservatives based upon the narrowmindedness of the few extremists who patrol this Forum to spew their venomous bile. The vast majority of the more conservative Forum members have decent table manners, and mustn't be tarred via guilt-by-association with those very few who don't, and seem inexplicably anxious to demonstrate their lack of breeding.

Ultimately, if there is to be any resolution to the Kennedy assassination's many mysteries, or to many other political enigmas, we must fashion a solution that is palatable to all, irrespective of their political stripe, and so formidably self-evident it can no longer be dismissed or discounted, even by those so obstinately determined to do so. If we can manage that feat, the detractors and self-appointed debunkers will be marginalized into irrelevance.

Robert Charles-Dunne wrote:

"Yes, and it was for precisely this reason that I asked other Forum members to judge Tim Gratz on the content of his posts, rather than the ideology of his politics. What's true is true, irrespective of who speaks it, and what is false remains false, irrespective of who speaks it."

Attributed to Malcolm X:

"You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it."

Two pretty good minds, I'd say.

Steve;

At college my two best friends were guys. I was the radical liberal, Geroge the moderate Democrat (who idolized JFK) - and Vince as far to the right as it gets. He and I totally agreed politically and not just about who killed JFK. I have not see Vince Dixon in probably 30 years but have kept up by phone and an occassional email. He's very active in Cambridge MA politics. Still very conservative and still knows a conspiracy killed JFK. I have also found other very conservative people willing to listen to truth and reason. Problem is W has brainwashed so many that you just don't "go there" or your patriotism is questioned.

I say impeach the b******s for treason. (Iraq being only one reason), (9-11 a bigger reason and plans to use a nuke on Iran MUST be stopped).

Dawn

I would be curious to hear-if appropriate, and people aren" too shy" , or uncharacterisable- what political leanings are held by the community here. I am mainly ultra liberal, but can also be conservative in many respects.....(Steve I KNOW you're a flaming liberal shrink:)

Et vous?

Dawn

Im a Republican, and do not let my political beliefs get involved in my research into the assassination, yes as most of you who know me, know that I believe there was a conspiracy to kill JFK.

Now no need to throw tomatoes LOL, I think most of us are here to find the truth, and I do my best to help when I can with ballistics, weapons etc.