The Education Forum

Yet another Zapruder question

looks like you're the one having a slow day, actually, a R E A L slow day. I could start 100+ threads on this forum (I'll save the lurkers that pain, of course they already know) discussing the nonesense you've posted. Especially concerning those that have more knowledge about photos and film than you'll ever have much let alone able to demonstrate -- I think you have a real serious self-image problem, not to mention a sever need for undivided attention...

How many years ago were you, Bill Miller thrown of the JFKResearch forum?... 4-5 years ago -- and you're STILL crying about it -- you got caught - live with it. Your nonsense was seen through then, as it is, NOW! So show us some REAL stuff, I and other lurkers want to be wooed and dazzled by your brilliance. Your 300 word postings about how someone responds to you on this board and boards long ago is B O R I N G, where's the B E E F...

The state of Lone Nutterism is on the way out...

David, state one JFK assassination fact from the above remarks. Once again you are merely XXXXX because that is all you are capable of. I wasn't crying about anything, but merely pointing out the weaknesses of the "other film" claim and instead of you addressing the statements made that I referred to - you just play the role of the forum troller. If you want to talk about the facts, then post them and we'll discuss them.

Bill Miller

edit: removal of offensive phrase

Edited by Kathy Beckett

• 1 year later...

Bill Miller' wrote:

Thanks for citing some actual data pertaining to the subject ... I hope that you not suffer any ill-side effects as a result of this.

Bill Miller

update 01-12-2008: the SMPTE link

http://www.mte.com/nysmpte/meetings/sum0004.htm

Film Forensics and the Zapruder Film, presented by Roland Zavada is no longer good (wonder why?)

Perhaps Miller can now cite some actual data pertaining to the subject, eh?

Bill Miller' wrote:
Thanks for citing some actual data pertaining to the subject ... I hope that you not suffer any ill-side effects as a result of this.

Bill Miller

Film Forensics and the Zapruder Film, presented by Roland Zavada is no longer good (wonder why?)

Yea... wonder why?

http://www.mte.com/nysmpte/

Edited by Craig Lamson

Bill Miller' wrote:

Bill Miller

Yea... wonder why?

yep, they all say that, AFTER the fact.... hell, I found the source for all those Z-film floating around (some which have passed through the pope of Dealy Plaza's hands, and that isn't news? LMAO -- Even Miller is trying to figure this one out, a loss for words

Bill Miller' wrote:

Bill Miller

Yea... wonder why?

yep, they all say that, AFTER the fact.... hell, I found the source for all those Z-film floating around (some which have passed through the pope of Dealy Plaza's hands, and that isn't news? LMAO -- Even Miller is trying to figure this one out, a loss for words

They all say WHAT David? Your paranoia is getting the better of you.

It wasn't too hard to find the page on "the Wayback Machine"

http://web.archive.org/web/20021220055109/...ngs/sum0004.htm

finding it is NOT the question....

~~quote on

~~quote off

little refresher

~~quote on

~~quote off

little refresher

"This page will be removed from service in July 2007. It has been my pleasure to be of webservice to the local SMPTE community for the past 10 years. New York SMPTE section information can be obtained at the official NY chapter wesite at http://www.smpteny.org/. Please update your bookmarks. Thank you for supporting SMPTE in New York. -Bill Topazio "

You claim to be a researcher, why not do the research and contact Bill Topazio and ask him instead of being paraniod?

• 7 months later...

~~quote on

~~quote off

little refresher

"This page will be removed from service in July 2007. It has been my pleasure to be of webservice to the local SMPTE community for the past 10 years. New York SMPTE section information can be obtained at the official NY chapter wesite at http://www.smpteny.org/. Please update your bookmarks. Thank you for supporting SMPTE in New York. -Bill Topazio "

You claim to be a researcher, why not do the research and contact Bill Topazio and ask him instead of being paraniod?

Craig,

The first link you posted is working, the second link you posted is not working. After posting them on the Forum, did you try them?

--Thomas

little refresher

David ... lets not get side tracked on getting that all important request made for you to get to examine all those historical films and photos so they can be authenticated. Show Zavada how the varsity works! After all, if Zavada finds out that you don't care enough about actually following through with your complaints, then he may not wish to take you seriously ... much like the rest of the JFK community doesn't take you seriously. Show them the new David Healy who actually puts his money where his mouth is ... who isn't just a mouth-piece ... who has better things to do with his time than to xxxxx-on like he has been doing for the past decade or more. Lets have one for the gipper!!!

Also, let me know if I can help you write out the request. Let's see what you've gotten done so far??? If you have a mental block and need direction, then maybe Zavada can help you get started.

Bill Miller

little refresher

David ... lets not get side tracked on getting that all important request made for you to get to examine all those historical films and photos so they can be authenticated. Show Zavada how the varsity works! After all, if Zavada finds out that you don't care enough about actually following through with your complaints, then he may not wish to take you seriously ... much like the rest of the JFK community doesn't take you seriously. Show them the new David Healy who actually puts his money where his mouth is ... who isn't just a mouth-piece ... who has better things to do with his time than to xxxxx-on like he has been doing for the past decade or more. Lets have one for the gipper!!!

Also, let me know if I can help you write out the request. Let's see what you've gotten done so far??? If you have a mental block and need direction, then maybe Zavada can help you get started.

Bill Miller

Hey young fella, (After nearly nine months? Appears its you who can't keep up, son)

Only film I'm interested in is the in-camera original Zapruder film, you know, the Z-film housed at NARA.

If you insist, make yourself useful! Get me written certification stating that the Zapruder film housed at NARA is indeed the Nov 22nd 1963 8mm Zapruder in-camera original, with exact, EXACT physical description and film makeup-properties. Signed and dated by NARA curator responsible for the film AND, same witnessed and signed by Gary Mack. Send me (to my atty's address, which I'll provide Gary Mack) one of two originasl, signed documents (the other one stays with the 6th Floor Museum) I'll also need 4 certified copies (I'll pay for the xeroxing :)). THEN we can proceed to the next step....

Yours in research,

Aeffects

p.s. Oh, I won't need Rollie Zavada. But by all means, your side can make good use of him and his materials. Everything I/we need from Rollie is in his report. Thanks for asking though. Say, how is Mr. Zavada doing these days? Last I heard (through Len 'Brazil' Colby) Rollie was very ill... I was quite surprised when Len told me he was ill, fit as a fiddle to me? You knew he showed up at a SMPTE conference at Lake Tahoe, didn't you? Even flew his private plane cross-country to Reno..... (Rollie contacted JFetzer, requesting my number. Jim graciously told him how to get in touch with me - did I ever tell you about our conversation?)

Edited by David G. Healy

[ name=David G. Healy' date='Sep 4 2008, 11:38 AM' post='154112]

Hey young fella, (After nearly nine months? Appears its you who can't keep up, son)

Only film I'm interested in is the in-camera original Zapruder film, you know, the Z-film housed at NARA.

If you insist, make yourself useful! Get me written certification stating that the Zapruder film housed at NARA is indeed the Nov 22nd 1963 8mm Zapruder in-camera original, with exact, EXACT physical description and film makeup-properties. Signed and dated by NARA curator responsible for the film AND, same witnessed and signed by Gary Mack. Send me (to my atty's address, which I'll provide Gary Mack) one of two originasl, signed documents (the other one stays with the 6th Floor Museum) I'll also need 4 certified copies (I'll pay for the xeroxing :)). THEN we can proceed to the next step....

David ... are you not taking your medicine or something because you are sounding like one sick incoherent puppy at the moment! Just a few months ago you were complaining how you needed to see the Life slides and transparencies. At that time it was discovered that you not only didn't know who had the rights to those items, but also where they were stored. Then it became quite obvious that you have never even bothered to make a request to Life Magazine for you to view those items. The old saying 'Your actions speak louder than your words' could never be more true when examining your behavior.

Let's now examine your 'camera original' remarks. For over a decade that I am aware of (may even go back further), you have been whining and complaining that you need to see the alleged camera original Zapruder film so to authenticate it. When the topic of Kodachrome II film properties has come up ... you have never replied with a single detail, shred of data, or a partial fact pertaining to the physical properties of this type of film. Even when the film grain characteristics were raised you did nothing but run off at the mouth about the 'the varsity' - 'lone nutters' - 'getting on the team' - and the list went on and not once did you address a single point raised. When Kodac's own site on Kodachrome film grain differences from other films was presented ... you did nothing but the same old David Healy tactics - no data to counter with - no facts to cite - no credentials of your own that would make even a fool believe that you somehow know more about Kodachrome II film that Kodac's own experts would know.

So after all these years of you complaining about how some mere film compositor should be allowed to personally handle and examine this historical piece of film so to bless us with his unqualified opinion ... you offer not so much as a few scribbled sentences to the owners of that film detailing your qualifications, the reasons for you needing to examine the in-camera Zapruder film, or what test you would need to perform. Heck ... so far you haven't even shown that you have written a coherent or incoherent letter either one where you have made the request you listed above. You certainly aren't so disturbed and delusional that you truly believe that someone other than you should do your talking for you. Let us see the request you have written asking for these things to be provided for you ... can you scan a copy and post it to this forum ... Of course you cannot provide any such evidence of your sincerity in all of this because I am willing to bet you have never done it or you'd have posted it long ago. Instead you only offer a list of demands that you must certainly know to be absurd ... things that have already been established. And let us say that for what ever silly reason these things were done or been done ... You have already said that YOU need to physically examine the said camera original so to authenticate it. That position you have held regarding that only your having the film in front of you will do comes from years of you not believing anything that has been said regarding the in-camera original film. With that being said it is also obvious that this is nothing more than mere David Healy running his mouth .... putting the responsibility on everyone else .... and doing nothing on your own to get the job done. You claim that you'll pay for xeroxing certified copies and most everyone would be happy just to see where you have even paid for the stamp to mail your request to examine this historical film. A matter of fact, give us your attorney's name and I'll see if I can get you some xeroxed certified copies from him detailing what YOU would need to do to get that letter of request written and mailed off so YOU can examine the said in-camera Zapruder film. If nothing else we can establish through your attorney if the request you made above would even be necessary and have anything to do with your being able to examine this historical film. So please share this attorney's name with us, David ????

p.s. Oh, I won't need Rollie Zavada. But by all means, your side can make good use of him and his materials.

What side is 'my side', David ... is it the side that says 'I have not seen any proof of alteration' ... if so, then we are on the same side.

(Rollie contacted JFetzer, requesting my number. Jim graciously told him how to get in touch with me - did I ever tell you about our conversation?)

I think we need to see certification of that, David. :) It needs to be signed and dated by Zavada, same witnessed and signed by Gary Mack. Send me (to my atty's address, which I'll provide Gary Mack) one of two originals, signed documents (the other one stays with the 6th Floor Museum) I'll also need 4 certified copies (I'll pay for the xeroxing). THEN we can proceed to the next step.... (sound familiar, David!) :)

Bill Miller

Edited by Bill Miller

This may be a bit convoluted, but what isn't when it comes to JFK/Dallas.

A good friend of mine from NYC who has been in the projection/editing biz since the early '60's recently advised me that he has a copy of the Zap film that he's had since '67 or so...buried in his warehouse....you can imagine my interest...so naturally, I asked him how he got it....he said to the best of his recollection, he got it from R.Greenberg, a NYC editing firm of some repute...a quick google on R.Greenberg brought up a 2-D graphics firm that works in the motion picture biz...but only since '77.....hmmmmm, eh?....

3 questions, if you will...

1. anyone heard of this company?

2. why would they have a Zap copy?

3. is it worth my time to go through what amounts to a medium size warehouse of tape stock to find it?

my friend doesn't really care about all the assassination stuff....he's just a tapehound with lots of cool tape and film, mostly rock-n-roll boots from the '60's and early '70's...

basically told me if I can find it, I can have it.

any one that can comment or add some info before I spend what could amount to days going through boxes of tape?

thanks, t.

By all means search for that film. Is the warehouse in NY?

Kathy C

I kept the pertinent part of your last post, see above. Now, deal with my previous post or simply pass, can your ego take the challenge?

David, your previous post was dealt with when it was tossed in the garbage. The way I see it, if you don't take your complaining serious enough to actually do something about it, then why should anyone else. Your grandstanding by saying that you need certified statements over things that are already known has nothing to do with someone actually requesting to see the historical images so to authenticate them. You make request that are so ridiculous in hopes some boob will think you are really serious about examining the assassination films and photos, but your modus-operandi isn't believable no matter what subject is being discussed.

By the way, what was your lawyer's name again ... I want to at least see if he has even heard of you before.

Bill miller