The Education Forum

Commendation for John Simkin

The thing is, how can the Americans, who fouled up Korea, Vietnam and Iraq, have covered it all up so brilliantly?

Good question. Maybe Iraq is the perfect contemporary example: They did it; they got away with it, and they are still getting away with it. It's called hiding in plain sight.

Edgar Allen Poe, a truly great American, explained how it is done in The Purloined Letter.

We fouled up Korea? I learn something new every time I come here. Dumb and erroneous, but new.

Yep!

Guess that we need to inform all of those South Korean teenagers who are riding up and down the Interstate style highway from Seoul to Tague on 900 (+)CC motorcycles that the US "fouled" up.

Not to mention the considerably raised standards of living for ALL of the South Korean people, complete with industry, shopping centers, and "excess" throughout the country.

Yep! The big, bad ole US Government forced all of this upon the South Korean peoples, when in fact they merely wanted to be left alone in their rice fields to die of numerous diseases or famine.

We are soooooo bad!

P.S. The older of the South Koreans were about the only peoples I encountered who demonstrated a true appreciation for what the US had done in their country, for them.

They had served under the complete dictatorship of Japan, and were aware of the casualties and damage done to their homes by the North Koreans.

They had lost many of thier kin in fighting the North Koreans, and fully recognized the loss which the US had committed itself to in order that they could better their lives and the lives of their children.

We fouled up Korea? I learn something new every time I come here. Dumb and erroneous, but new.

Yep!

Guess that we need to inform all of those South Korean teenagers who are riding up and down the Interstate style highway from Seoul to Tague on 900 (+)CC motorcycles that the US "fouled" up.

Not to mention the considerably raised standards of living for ALL of the South Korean people, complete with industry, shopping centers, and "excess" throughout the country.

Yep! The big, bad ole US Government forced all of this upon the South Korean peoples, when in fact they merely wanted to be left alone in their rice fields to die of numerous diseases or famine.

We are soooooo bad!

P.S. The older of the South Koreans were about the only peoples I encountered who demonstrated a true appreciation for what the US had done in their country, for them.

They had served under the complete dictatorship of Japan, and were aware of the casualties and damage done to their homes by the North Koreans.

They had lost many of thier kin in fighting the North Koreans, and fully recognized the loss which the US had committed itself to in order that they could better their lives and the lives of their children.

and displayed that gratitude by serving alongside American Forces in Vietnam. The ROK Infantry, while in Vietnam struck terror in VC AND N. Vietnam [regulars] hearts and minds. Where ever MACV placed the ROK Infantry (II Corps ?) was more often than not, the quietest neighborhood in So. Vietnam.

Yep!

We are soooooo bad!

and displayed that gratitude by serving alongside American Forces in Vietnam. The ROK Infantry, while in Vietnam struck terror in VC AND N. Vietnam [regulars] hearts and minds. Where ever MACV placed the ROK Infantry (II Corps ?) was more often than not, the quietest neighborhood in So. Vietnam.

Yep!

We certainly should have "sub-contracted" that one out to the entire ROK Army Forces.

One could go into either the "Tiger" or the "White Horse" ROK area of operation, get drunk, and lay down in the street and sleep quite safely.

The NVA in the jungles made it a point to go miles out of their way in order to not have to go through a ROK Area of Operation.

Plus the fact that the wife of one of the South Korean Major's operated about the only legitimate "Steam Bath" in An Khe.