The Education Forum

The Real Zapruder Question

As loud reports were sounding and echoing in Dealey Plaza, as people were falling to the ground and running in terror, as his viewfinder revealed to him the President of the United States being murdered before his eyes, how and why did Abe Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman continue to stand erect on a prominent raised platform in the middle of the likely firing zone with Zapruder resolutely locked on the Presidential limousine until it disappeared under the overpass?

Ashton Gray

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As loud reports were sounding and echoing in Dealey Plaza, as people were falling to the ground and running in terror, as his viewfinder revealed to him the President of the United States being murdered before his eyes, how and why did Abe Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman continue to stand erect on a prominent raised platform in the middle of the likely firing zone with Zapruder resolutely locked on the Presidential limousine until it disappeared under the overpass?

Ashton Gray

...and so far as we know, this is the ONLY FILM ever made by

"Zapruder"...at least no others have ever surfaced.

Jack

Ashton Gray

...and so far as we know, this is the ONLY FILM ever made by

"Zapruder"...at least no others have ever surfaced.

Jack

Yes, and not only does he keep rolling instead of ducking for the safety of very handy concrete cover, not only does he keep the subject well-framed, but he doesn't even flinch at any of the shots. He was a very disciplined boy. And Sitzman deserves a medal for bravery under fire.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

how and why did Abe Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman continue to stand erect on a prominent raised platform in the middle of the likely firing zone with Zapruder resolutely locked on the Presidential limousine until it disappeared under the overpass?

Um, because he's not a big wuss like you?

Say it with flowers, Brendan, you know it makes scents...

how and why did Abe Zapruder and Ms. Sitzman continue to stand erect on a prominent raised platform in the middle of the likely firing zone with Zapruder resolutely locked on the Presidential limousine until it disappeared under the overpass?

A little twist on an old axiom.....

Slattery will get you nowhere. :tomatoes

Thank you..thank you...

Chuck Robbins

A little twist on an old axiom.....

Slattery will get you nowhere. :tomatoes

Thank you..thank you...

Chuck Robbins

Chuck,

Well-intentioned and doubtless, in other contexts, sage words.

Two probs:

1.Old Liverpool axiom: If you dish it, be prepared to take it, with interest.

2. Never assume motivation. Always permit the possibility of an ulterior one.

Paul

Edited by Paul Rigby

you are the atypical Washington desk jockey, right?

I have intentionally stayed out of the Zapruder debate for many reasons. But for the life of me I can't believe how oblivious some researchers are to the fact that the Oswald's were in up to their neck in the White Russian Community, of which Abe Zapruder was a member. Whatever position someone takes on the Zapruder Fil re 'alteration pro or con' I would hope they would at least let that soak in. See Zapruder worked with Jeanne Legon at Nardis of Dallas. Not all of these Solidarist's were benign entities.

I have intentionally stayed out of the Zapruder debate for many reasons. But for the life of me I can't believe how oblivious some researchers are to the fact that the Oswald's were in up to their neck in the White Russian Community, of which Abe Zapruder was a member. Whatever position someone takes on the Zapruder Fil re 'alteration pro or con' I would hope they would at least let that soak in. See Zapruder worked with Jeanne Legon at Nardis of Dallas. Not all of these Solidarist's were benign entities.

Heh. Robert: you aren't actually calling Slithery a "researcher"—are you?

Ashton

I just looked up who Jeanne Legon married later. This is exactly the kind of information that makes me think this whole thing might get solved one day.

MV

To: Ashton, I can think of a lot of things to call Brendan, but a researcher is not one of them.

I just looked up who Jeanne Legon married later. This is exactly the kind of information that makes me think this whole thing might get solved one day. (Mark Valenti)

If my memory serves me correctly, Marie Fehmer's mother also worked with Abraham Zapruder and Jean Legon DeMohrenschildt. Marie Fehmer being LBJ's secretary.

James

To: Ashton, I can think of a lot of things to call Brendan, but a researcher is not one of them.

:lol:

My originating this very thread and its pregnant opening (read: rhetorical) question, BTW, arose directly from the Zapruder connections that have been mentioned herein—plus, even, a few more. :tomatoes

Ashton

Yes, and not only does he keep rolling instead of ducking for the safety of very handy concrete cover, not only does he keep the subject well-framed, but he doesn't even flinch at any of the shots. He was a very disciplined boy. And Sitzman deserves a medal for bravery under fire.

Ashton

Could not the same amount of bravery be given to Charles Brehm, Jean Hill, Mary Moorman, James Altgens, the Franzens, The Newman's, and etc.? Zapruder was further away from the target than the above witnesses, yet no one seems to wonder how they all kept their composure.

Bill Miller

Zapruder went on TV and indicated the shots came from behind him. He also indicated that there may have been a third shot, AFTER the head shot. There is no reason to think he was involved in anything insidious, outside of making BANK off his winning lottery ticket.

And Ashton, Zapruder did flinch. The blur analysis of William Hartmann for the HSCA indicated that Zapruder's strongest flinch prior to the head shot was around frame 190. The largest response in fact comes right after the response associated with the head shot, indcating that this is when the third shot occurred. Hartmann, who was probably not familiar with the plethora of earwitness testimony indicating there was a shot just before or just after the head shot wrongly interpreted this response as Zapruder's crying out. The blur/jiggle caused by Zapruder's crying out came a second afterwards. IMO.