The Education Forum

David Lifton Interview with Len Osanic

Here's the link. Sorry I didn't get home sooner to send this. The show aired this evening between 17:30 and 18:30 hours PDT. But, you can hear the interview from the archive by following this link:

www.blackopradio.com

B)

[quote name='Peter Lemkin' date='Aug 18 2006, 06:58 AM' post='72463']

Here's the link. Sorry I didn't get home sooner to send this. The show aired this evening between 17:30 and 18:30 hours PDT. But, you can hear the interview from the archive by following this link:

www.blackopradio.com

B)

Can't find it there yet, I think......but there are other good archived shows...

Hi Terry

I don't see it either, will try again later. After a long day in court TGIF!!!

When is David's LHO book going to be out?

Dawn

When is David's LHO book going to be out?

Dawn

There is no doubt that Len Osanic's Black Op Radio is an extremely valuable resource. The archives are a gold mine of information and are preserved in a tradition of oral history as opposed to the written word. Len deserves much credit for what he has done.

I just finished listening to Osanic's one hour interview with David Lifton. Lifton's account of his experiences since attending a lecture by Mark Lane in 1964, and the subsequent research odyssey he undertook as a result was compelling.

According to Lifton, Doug Horne's forthcoming book will break some important new ground. In part, because of his friendship with Horne, and more so in fairness Lifton would not divulge any details.

Lifton tells the story of how Groden repeatedly asked Lifton for a set of certain autopsy photos. When Lifton finally shared them with Groden, Groden promptly sold them to the National Enquirer fo $50,000.

Robert Blakey's conduct while he headed the HSCA was criminal. Of course, that is familiar territory to everyone reading this. Lifton gives some interesting insight into just how reprehensible Blakey's actions were.

Throughout the interview Lifton comes across as knowledgable, articulate, and reasonable in my opinion. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about Len Osanic. He seemed woefully unprepared for the interview. He repeatedly steered the conversation away from promising lines back to banalities that anyone who has ever opened a book on the murder of President Kennedy already knows.

There were many examples of that, but I'll give just one. During the first five minutes, Lifton twice mentioned his new research and his new book. Osanic quickly steered the interview away from that by asking questions about Lifton's work in Best Evidence. Unless I missed it, the subject of Lee Harvey Oswald never came up. Nor did any more mention of Lifton's new book. If anyone else hears something to the contrary, I'll retract my statements on Lifton's new book.

About twenty five minutes into the interview, Lifton was rehashing his book Best Evidence at Osanic's urging, I fast forwarded about ten minutes and the autopsy was still being discussed. I listened to the rest of the interview until its conclusion. I never heard a word about Lifton's new book. Maybe it happened during the ten minutes I skipped.

Osanic asked Lifton if he had a website. Lifton answered that time and money prohibited a website currently, but that he planned to have one with the release of his new book.

Osanic promptly changed the subject and never returned to it.

During the one hour, Osanic never asked any questions of Lifton that showed any insight into the case.

In light of all the people he has interviewed over the years, it was both irritating and curious how little imagination Len Osanic showed in his lines of questioning. He seemed disinterested and detached, as if he were just going through the motions.

Lifton is scheduled to be back on Black Op Radio in September. If anyone has any questions for Lifton, I would be glad to compile them and email them to Len Osanic or just direct him by link to this thread.

The above, of course, are just my impressions. Perhaps someone listening to the same interview will feel much differently.

Mike Hogan

PS) Dawn, I've been anticipating Lifton's book on Oswald for what seems like forever. Three or four years ago, I emailed him and asked him when it was going to be published and he said soon. I emailed him again a year or so ago, and he said soon.

Edited by Michael Hogan

Guest John Gillespie

Point

"There is no doubt that Len Osanic's Black Op Radio is an extremely valuable resource. The archives are a gold mine of information and are preserved in a tradition of oral history as opposed to the written word. Len deserves much credit for what he has done."

counterpoint

"During the one hour, Osanic never asked any questions of Lifton that showed any insight into the case.

In light of all the people he has interviewed over the years, it was both irritating and curious how little imagination Len Osanic showed in his lines of questioning. He seemed disinterested and detached, as if he were just going through the motions."

duh

Edited by John Gillespie

Guest John Gillespie
My impression is that David had to do a massive rewrite

after reading HARVEY AND LEE...thus the years long delay.

I expect his book now to attempt to refute Armstrong's research.

Jack

________

As many here are aware, there has been some serious clawing and scratching between Lifton and Judyth Baker - some visible and much of it behind the scenes - for years. Lifton has had good reason to wait and, though he may not admit it, has been very concerned that a Baker book would immediately eclipse anything he got published. That's the Baker argument and, in this instance, she's correct. Ask around.

Let's face it. Whether one supports her story, Baker might have trumped anything if she had the right people with her and they marketed the thing properly. It's a pity for us - and sadly ironic for them - but I think it's too late, especially for Lifton.

Regards,

JG

Edited by John Gillespie