The Education Forum

ICT Revision

Some great interactivities, games and quizzes for school ICT can be found at Andrew Field's Revise ICT website

It will also be much better when it is finished - I've given my students the latest updates and materials on a CD. I hope to upload it all online as soon as I can.

For some reasons the students seem to enjoy the 'Smash the PC' game. I do need to make it a little bit more challenging though. :)

Is it possible to create these kind of activities in other languages? What software do i need?

An excellent question. The answer - in a week or so - most certainly. :hotorwot I'm currently putting the finishing touches to downloadable programs that allow anyone to create their own versions of all these games without any additional software.

Stay tuned for more details. Walker is currently testing it out. :ice

Edited by Andrew Field

Stay tuned for more details.  Walker is currently testing it out.  :pop

And from what I have seen so far it is going to be a real boon to classroom students :ice

Hats off to young Field :hotorwot

An example of the potential of what Andrew Field is working on can be viewed by clicking HERE if you don't have Flash installed and HERE if you do.

It took me 15 mins approx to make using the simplest easy to understand template and I can edit and check the questions. Great for creating revision tests or starters or plenaries in a room suitably equipped.

Great stuff Andrew, I can't wait for the full version :lol::eat

Thanks very much. The cheque is in the post. :lol::(

There are bits and pieces still to complete, but the main program is now finished. Unlike most Flash-based applications this allows you to save and load data files, hence creating the freedom to build and edit your own games as and when you can.

I plan to use the site http://www.contentgenerator.net to promote this games - and you can have a quick look already! :eat At the moment it describes what is possible and how it all works.

An example of the potential of what Andrew Field is working on can be viewed by clicking HERE if you don't have Flash installed and HERE if you do.

Great and i just asked our technical people in school to disable flash on our computers... ;) Stupid me!

Thanks for the quick reply . Eagerly awaiting the results.

Edited by Marco Koene

Great and i just asked our technical people in school to disable flash on our computers... :D Stupid me!

Thanks for the quick reply . Eagerly awaiting the results.

I would certainly advise against that - all major websites use Flash. For example some of the best materials on http://www.bbc.co.uk/news and suchlike use Flash.

I will update this - or rather probably create a new thread when I've got more information. It should be an exciting resource. ;)

I would certainly advise against that - all major websites use Flash

I know, but at them moment the students spent a lot of time playing all kind of games. As far as I know this is the only way to stop that. Save for looking over their shoulder all the time. If anybody has any other suggestion please let me know!

Edited by Marco Koene