The Education Forum

Frank Castro

John Simkin

Pete Brewton, The Mafia, CIA and George Bush (1992)

Eulalio Francisco "Frank" Castro is one bad hombre. Although he is a well-known terrorist and drug smuggler, his rap sheet shows only one conviction-for carrying a weapon in Miami in 1981. That same year, he was charged with four counts of importing, delivering and selling marijuana. The case was later dismissed.

Then, in 1983, he was indicted for conspiracy and smuggling 425,000 pounds of marijuana into Beaumont, Texas, as a spin off of the Drug Enforcement Administration's "Operation Grouper." (Some of the Grouper targets' drug money was laundered through Marvin Warner's ComBanks in Florida.) These charges against Frank Castro were also dropped, in June 1984.

From July 1983 to January 1984 - the same time period in which he was under indictment for drug smuggling - Castro was providing food, equipment and weapons for a secret military training camp for Nicaraguan Contras in the Everglades near Naples, Florida. Castro told FBI agents that he provided food, ammunition and an M-14 rifle to the camp. He would go to the camp almost weekly to take supplies, Castro told the FBI.

Castro also traveled to Costa Rica and met with John Hull and a Contra leader. "Castro went to Costa Rica in order to assist [Rene] Corvo and the Cubans fighting there," said an FBI report. Castro tried to tell the FBI agents that John Hull "does not work for the Central Intelligence Agency but funnels information to them."

That statement is laughable. John Hull not only worked directly for the CIA, he worked for Rob Owen, who was a gofer for Oliver North, who was a cutout for the CIA. More important, according to the CIA's official pronouncements, its primary work is the funneling of information. Perhaps Castro didn't realize that stated purpose when he has worked for the CIA. Perhaps he perceived its work to be the elimination of foreign politicians it doesn't like.

A Cuban exile, Frank Castro was a member of the famous Brigade 2506 that participated in the CIA-supported Bay of Pigs invasion to oust Fidel Castro. The head of the National Front for the Liberation of Cuba, Frank Castro was also a top dog in CORU, an alliance of anti-Fidel Castro Cuban terrorist organizations that was connected to and partly financed by Guillermo Hernandez-Cartaya. Castro, who owned the Golden Falcon Skydiving Club in the Florida Everglades, shuttles between Miami and the Dominican Republic, where he is lives with his wife, the daughter of an admiral close to the president of the republic.'

"Frank Castro is a very dangerous individual. He's CIA trained," according to Assistant U.S. Attorney Daniel Cassidy, who prosecuted some of Castro's associates involved in drug smuggling and control of a bank.

In the mid 1970s when Castro's compadres Orlando Bosch and Rolando Otero were going around blowing up all sorts of things, like post offices and passenger airliners, Castro told the Miami Herald, "I believe that the United States has betrayed freedom fighters around the world. They trained us to fight, brainwashed us how to fight and now they put Cuban exiles in jail for what they had been taught to do in the early years."

• 2 months later...

"I believe that the United States has betrayed freedom fighters around the world. They trained us to fight, brainwashed us how to fight and now they put Cuban exiles in jail for what they had been taught to do in the early years."

All Frank Castro Never said this Rene (Corvo) did. So many things I've read are off here. Much of it by design of course. I'll correct what I can if you ask. I'll start by letting you know that Frank did not participate in the Bay of Pigs.

CMC

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

"I believe that the United States has betrayed freedom fighters around the world. They trained us to fight, brainwashed us how to fight and now they put Cuban exiles in jail for what they had been taught to do in the early years."

All Frank Castro Never said this Rene (Corvo) did. So many things I've read are off here. Much of it by design of course. I'll correct what I can if you ask. I'll start by letting you know that Frank did not participate in the Bay of Pigs.

CMC

Frank Castro was not in the Bay of pigs, he was however, involved with many different anti-Castro groups for the sole purpose of ousting out Fidel Castro just like everyone wanted to do, the CIA would train, how to kill, teach everyone how to fight for freedom, but the Cubans and the few Americans like my father who struggled in the fight to free Cuba were all used by the CIA just for their own dirty work, this is why my father never re-newed his American citizenship when he lost it fighting for the French Foreign Legion.

My father and Frank Castro were good friends, one night my father heard that Frank Castro got ambushed while driving in his car in Miami, my father called Sturgis and told him what had happen, Frank Castro was the chief of the paratrooper section for the Cubanos Unidos. The paratroop section of the Cubanos Unidos was known as ‘Alcones Dorados’ and were located at the Commercial Airport in Homestead, Florida.

The "Alcones Dorados" were actually an arm for the CIA.

Carlos, I'm assuming Frank Castro is either your father or uncle, please tell him that Scott Kaiser, the son of Edwin Kaiser says hi.

Guest Tom Scully

Frank Castro was not in the Bay of pigs, he was however, involved with many different anti-Castro groups for the sole purpose of ousting out Fidel Castro just like everyone wanted to do, the CIA would train, how to kill, teach everyone how to fight for freedom, but the Cubans and the few Americans like my father who struggled in the fight to free Cuba were all used by the CIA just for their own dirty work, this is why my father never re-newed his American citizenship when he lost it fighting for the French Foreign Legion.

My father and Frank Castro were good friends, one night my father heard that Frank Castro got ambushed while driving in his car in Miami, my father called Sturgis and told him what had happen, Frank Castro was the chief of the paratrooper section for the Cubanos Unidos. The paratroop section of the Cubanos Unidos was known as ‘Alcones Dorados’ and were located at the Commercial Airport in Homestead, Florida.

Carlos, I'm assuming Frank Castro is either your father or uncle, please tell him that Scott Kaiser, the son of Edwin Kaiser says hi.

Scott,

The CIA "won" in its fight against leftists in Guatemala. I chose Guatemala for the comparison posted below because Cuba and Guatemala are close in both land area and in population. Guatemala does not face the challenges of being both an island and a target of a 50 years long U.S. economic and trade embargo.

Considering the statistics posted below, Scott, where is it preferable to be born today, in Cuba or in Guatemala? Is it at all possible that the "freedom" fighters you idolize, were fighting in the best interests of just a tiny faction of the Cuban population in the early 1960's, and if they had prevailed in their efforts to restore the pre-Castro political dynamic, the consequences would have been a restoration of the poverty and illiteracy that prevailed in Cuba before the revolt against such extreme wealth and power inequity?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/cu.html

Geography: Cuba ...................... Guatemala

Area:

Field info displayed for all countries in alpha order.

total: 110,860 sq km .......108,889 sq km

People and Society: Cuba ............ Guatemala

Population:

11,087,330 (July 2011 est.)......13,824,463 (July 2011 est.)

Maternal mortality rate:

53 deaths/100,000 live births (2008).....110 deaths/100,000 live births (2008)

Infant mortality rate:

total: 4.9 deaths/1,000 live births .......26.02 deaths/1,000 live births

Hospital bed density:

5.9 beds/1,000 population (2009).......0.6 beds/1,000 population (2009)

Drinking water source:

improved:

urban: 96% of population .....98%

rural: 89% of population .....90%

total: 94% of population .....94%

unimproved:

urban: 4% of population ......2%

rural: 11% of population .....10%

total: 6% of population (2008)....6% of population (2008)

Sanitation facility access:

improved:

urban: 94% of population ....89%

rural: 81% of population ....73%

total: 91% of population ....81%

unimproved:

urban: 6% of population .....11%

rural: 19% of population ....27%

total: 9% of population (2008) ...19% of population (2008)

Literacy:

definition: age 15 and over can read and write

total population: 99.8% .....69.1%

male: 99.8% ....75.4%

female: 99.8% (2002 census) .....63.3% (2002 census)

Ecomomy: Cuba ............ Guatemala

GDP - per capita (PPP):

$9,900 (2010 est.) ..... $5,200 (2010 est.)

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/11/alabama_improves_its_preterm_b.html

...Preterm birth is the leading cause of newborn deaths in the United States. Babies born prematurely potentially face other lifelong health problems, such as respiratory difficulties, intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy and higher rates of hospitalization, according to the March of Dimes.

To earn an A, a state has to have a rate of at least 9.6 percent, which is the March of Dimes goal for the U.S. by 2020.

Alabama has historically had a higher infant mortality rate than the rest of the nation. In 2010, Alabama's infant mortality rate was 8.7 percent, higher than the U.S. rate of 6.4 percent, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health....

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/fr.html

France: People and Society

Maternal mortality rate:

8 deaths/100,000 live births (2008)

country comparison to the world: 150

Infant mortality rate:

total: 3.29 deaths/1,000 live births

Scott,

The CIA "won" in its fight against leftists in Guatemala. I chose Guatemala for the comparison posted below because Cuba and Guatemala are close in both land area and in population. Guatemala does not face the challenges of being both an island and a target of a 50 years long U.S. economic and trade embargo.

Considering the statistics posted below, Scott, where is it preferable to be born today, in Cuba or in Guatemala? Is it at all possible that the "freedom" fighters you idolize, were fighting in the best interests of just a tiny faction of the Cuban population in the early 1960's, and if they had prevailed in their efforts to restore the pre-Castro political dynamic, the consequences would have been a restoration of the poverty and illiteracy that prevailed in Cuba before the revolt against such extreme wealth and power inequity?

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/cu.html

Geography: Cuba ...................... Guatemala

Area:

total: 110,860 sq km .......108,889 sq km

People and Society: Cuba ............ Guatemala

Population:

11,087,330 (July 2011 est.)......13,824,463 (July 2011 est.)

Maternal mortality rate:

53 deaths/100,000 live births (2008).....110 deaths/100,000 live births (2008)

Infant mortality rate:

total: 4.9 deaths/1,000 live births .......26.02 deaths/1,000 live births

Hospital bed density:

5.9 beds/1,000 population (2009).......0.6 beds/1,000 population (2009)

Drinking water source:

improved:

urban: 96% of population .....98%

rural: 89% of population .....90%

total: 94% of population .....94%

unimproved:

urban: 4% of population ......2%

rural: 11% of population .....10%

total: 6% of population (2008)....6% of population (2008)

Sanitation facility access:

improved:

urban: 94% of population ....89%

rural: 81% of population ....73%

total: 91% of population ....81%

unimproved:

urban: 6% of population .....11%

rural: 19% of population ....27%

total: 9% of population (2008) ...19% of population (2008)

Literacy:

definition: age 15 and over can read and write

total population: 99.8% .....69.1%

male: 99.8% ....75.4%

female: 99.8% (2002 census) .....63.3% (2002 census)

Ecomomy: Cuba ............ Guatemala

GDP - per capita (PPP):

$9,900 (2010 est.) ..... $5,200 (2010 est.)

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2011/11/alabama_improves_its_preterm_b.html

...Preterm birth is the leading cause of newborn deaths in the United States. Babies born prematurely potentially face other lifelong health problems, such as respiratory difficulties, intellectual disabilities, cerebral palsy and higher rates of hospitalization, according to the March of Dimes.

To earn an A, a state has to have a rate of at least 9.6 percent, which is the March of Dimes goal for the U.S. by 2020.

Alabama has historically had a higher infant mortality rate than the rest of the nation. In 2010, Alabama's infant mortality rate was 8.7 percent, higher than the U.S. rate of 6.4 percent, according to the Alabama Department of Public Health....

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/fr.html

France: People and Society

Maternal mortality rate:

8 deaths/100,000 live births (2008)

country comparison to the world: 150

Infant mortality rate:

total: 3.29 deaths/1,000 live births

Tommy,

First I'd like to say, thank you for shorting much of the unnecessary language you once had off to the left of your posts, it took forever to scroll down just so I could read what I thought might be interesting information, secondly, I see you have now posted all that unwanted / unnecessary information at the bottom of your posts just to annoy me, but that's okay. I now know where to stop when scrolling down.

Lastly, I do not idolize anyone, however, I must congratulate you on your wonderful analysis of the worlds population, birth and economic living in separate counties, perhaps, you should give a great deal of thanks for living where you live my friend, or what ever you are, God forbid, someone takes it away from you, takes away your freedom, takes away your rights, your money, house and finally your family.

Tell me, how many kicks do you think it would take to kick a dog before he bites, Tommy my boy, unless you have lived first hand, and experience first hand, of what I'm talking about, you should keep your graphical comments to yourself, do yourself a favor, shut the hell and just read, don't post, because you have no idea what the hell your talking about...

Edited by Scott Kaiser

Guest Tom Scully

Scott,

You post as if you are a fan of these men and their cause. This what you posted :

"...for the sole purpose of ousting out Fidel Castro just like everyone wanted to do, the CIA would train, how to kill, teach everyone how to fight for freedom,..."

The effects on the lives of most Cubans of the "cure" you enthusiastically promote; your father's "cause" would have been so much worse than the disease, the improvement of the living conditions of the poor, resulting from the Castro led and implemented revolution.

You're required to be respectful in your posts, Scott, to influence with fact supported arguments. You haven't been doing that. Anyone can read what is posted on this forum, under our real names.

• 2 months later...

You can find what I have on Frank Castro here:

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/JFKcastroFr.htm

Interesting stuff, John. However, you say that Frank Castro was in the Bay of Pigs thing, whereas Scott Kaiser, whose father knew Frank Castro very well, says that Castro was not in it. And James Richards expressed his opinion earlier on this thread when he said he didn't think Frank Castro was involved with the Bay of Pigs Operation.

Thanks!

--Tommy :)

Edited by Thomas Graves