The Education Forum

Gerry Hemming and Oswald's Minox camera

Jack White

Jerry McLeer's excellent website at:

http://jfkresearch.freehomepage.com/

has some interesting information about Gerry Hemming and the LHO Minox.

Perhaps Hemming might have something to add.

QUOTE:

In January 1999, I received photocopies of the Minox photos from the National Archives. Each sheet of paper had one photo on it, except for one page. The main photo on that page appears to be one of the offshore photos that Weberman described with a couple of Marines in the foreground. Included on that page are two additional photos showing a serviceman wearing the same kind of hat as one of the Marines in the main photo.

Immediately, it struck me that the serviceman bore a resemblance to Gerry Patrick Hemming. The notion that Oswald might have taken photos of Hemming with his Minox while still overseas bore serious implications. After posting the photos on the JFK Research Forum, I heard from a well-respected researcher who suggested that I contact Hemming, who had learned about the photos from Noel Twyman.

Hemming's Story

Shortly afterwards, I spoke to Hemming who acknowledged that he was familiar with Minox photos of him, but that they were not taken by Oswald. He informed me that Howard Davis had a Minox, and used it to take photos of their camps. It was Davis who took the photos in question.

Hemming told me that the Minox camera found in Oswald's sea bag originally came from Life reporter Richard Billings, who later authored the HSCA report and co-authored Robert Blakey's The Plot to Kill the President. Billings, who reported on the commando raids for Life magazine, gave the Minox to Hemming to photograph their various missions. Hemming in turn gave the camera to Eddie Bayo who disappeared with nine commandos while on a raid into Cuba. Hemming refused to speculate on how the Minox got from Bayo to Oswald.

Hemming did speculate that the military photos were not taken overseas, but more likely they were photos taken during one of their Cuba missions. Hemming did claim that Oswald did possess a Minox while he was stationed at El Toro, and that he used it to take photos at the Cuban Consulate in Monterey Park. Hemming said that he knows that Oswald did not take that camera to Russia, but he has no idea what happened to that camera.

Shortly afterwards, I spoke to Hemming who acknowledged that he was familiar with Minox photos of him, but that they were not taken by Oswald. He informed me that Howard Davis had a Minox, and used it to take photos of their camps. It was Davis who took the photos in question. (Jack White quoting text)

Howard Davis told me that he still owns his Minox camera to this day. This is obviously not the camera that was supposedly given to Eddie Bayo.

FWIW.

James

Shortly afterwards, I spoke to Hemming who acknowledged that he was familiar with Minox photos of him, but that they were not taken by Oswald. He informed me that Howard Davis had a Minox, and used it to take photos of their camps. It was Davis who took the photos in question. (Jack White quoting text)

Howard Davis told me that he still owns his Minox camera to this day. This is obviously not the camera that was supposedly given to Eddie Bayo.

FWIW.

James

Hemming has told so many different tales he doesn't know jack from xxxx

FWIW.

James

Hemming has told so many different tales he doesn't know jack from xxxx

There is an old adage re the fairer sex. "you can't live with them you can't live w/o them;" the issue of former and active intelligence asset's [CIA, DIA, NSA, FBI, ATF, et cetera] in the JFK saga presents a similar dillema.

I personally, am concerned about E.H. Hunt's book slated for Jan 2007; as in "lies mixed in w/ the truth." Those are the most damaging kind. Throw in a body politik, that doesent know the subject matter very well.....

Well here's my equation

Goal; Fact's + Truth = Resolving Unanswered JFK Assassination Issue's

Reality; Spin, More Spin, + Labyrinth of Disinformation and Lies = JFK Assassination Issue's FUBAR