The Education Forum

The Illuminati, or just business as usual?

Guest Stephen Turner

Guest Stephen Turner

My point here is that most of the class war, as opposed to conspiracy isnt hidden at all, its quite blatently in yer face, and usually described as "In the National interest" take Bush's massive tax cuts for the richest 5% Now this could be described as a conspiracy to redestribute wealth from the poorest in society, to the richest, or more correctly as "business as usual" All this is not to say that individual conspiracies do not occur,but to see history as one vast conspiracy, I believe, is to miss the point, and often to let the most powerful thieves off the hook..

Guest Stephen Turner

My point here is that most of the class war, as opposed to conspiracy isnt hidden at all, its quite blatently in yer face, and usually described as "In the National interest" take Bush's massive tax cuts for the richest 5% Now this could be described as a conspiracy to redestribute wealth from the poorest in society, to the richest, or more correctly as "business as usual" All this is not to say that individual conspiracies do not occur,but to see history as one vast conspiracy, I believe, is to miss the point, and often to let the most powerful thieves off the hook..

And just as important as it being "blatant" is that it is assumed, taken for granted, etc, and therfore overlooked. This is what I find amusing (sometimes) when various tails are being chased; I often immediately think, "And yet, this was all happening in the midst of a society in which White Anglo-Saxon Protestants were the overwhelming majority population, and where real power in that society was held by a small number, the wealthiest members of that majority population." That's not a "conspiracy," technically, but just business as usual. But then I may be one of those people "who can't stand freedom," as President Bush said recently.

Wayne, welcome back. I suppose it is just about possible to claim that since the days of the hunter-gatherers all history has been one big conspiracy, just not in the way certain members believe. The Catholic church has run almost entirely on conspiracies for the last 1,000 years, The conspiracy to keep certain gospels out of the Bible, the conspiracy to exterminate other Catholic sects who disagreed with Roman dogma, the conspiracy to keep Women subjugated through childbirth, the conspiracy to deny Women the priesthood, the conspiracy to deny fellow believers a true understanding of biblical messages by the use of Latin mass, conspiring with the Facists in Spain, and throuhout the second world war. But none of this was hidden, as with the inquisision it was all in the open. Its the constant pushing of massive, yet hidden conspiracies I have a problem with. (with JFK the exception that proves the rule) Steve.

Edited by Stephen Turner