The Education Forum

Death of a President: A film with a message

John Simkin

It is not a great film but it is of interest to researchers as the plot is based on the assassination of JFK. The film suggests that Dick Cheney is behind the plot as it allows him to become president and to order the invasion of Syria (the lone gunman has links with Syria). Lyndon Johnson was supposed to order the invasion of Cuba as Oswald had close links with Castro. LBJ of course chickened out and decided to go with the "lone nut" solution.

My God, what simplistic and willfully stupid claptrap.

The film suggests that Dick Cheney is behind the plot as it allows him to become president and to order the invasion of Syria (the lone gunman has links with Syria). Lyndon Johnson was supposed to order the invasion of Cuba as Oswald had close links with Castro. LBJ of course chickened out and decided to go with the "lone nut" solution.

Since there can be little doubt now that LBJ ordered the assassination and there is no doubt LBJ and FBI director J. Edgar Hoover ran the coverup that's still a hot topic today, it's not surprising the movie tries to parallel history with fiction. It's obvious why LBJ didn't invade Cuba since he was involved with the murder planning up front. I've seen numerous references in the press recently to the movie

"...it's not surprising the movie tries to parallel history with fiction." Much like your writing, Bill. Sloppy, presumptuous and...sloppy.

JG

Mr.Gillespie,

I would like to propose that you show some more respect for other forum members and if you have a concern with one of their postings you should address the issue with a bit more gravitas. Several members, myself included have been insulted by your lack of tact in the past.

Sincerely,

John Geraghty

I agree with you John Geraghty. John Gillespie does not spend much time on the Forum but his postings, like those of that other intellectually challenged member, Brendan Slattery, usually consists of insults. He really is a nasty piece of work. He first showed his true colours when he joined up with Tim Gratz to launch an appalling personal attack on a young female member of the forum (Nic Martin) after she said that she would consider having an abortion if she got pregnant. As a result of these attacks Nic left the forum as I refused to ban Gratz and Gillespie from posting. We lost Nic and kept these two bitter and twisted men. Another one of my mistakes.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=3566

I saw the movie tonight. I found it provocative, but not in the ways I'd expected. Based upon some of the things I'd read, I'd believed the movie got into the possibility Cheney was involved. It never got into it. Instead it focuses on the neocons' exploitation of issues for political gain and utter disregard for the truth. The Cheney character is portrayed as being politically devious but not disloyal to Bush.