The Education Forum

Bar near Oswald's grave takes his nickname

The recently opened Ozzie Rabbit lounge in east Fort Worth is themed after President John F. Kennedy's alleged assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald.

Bar is adorned in Oswald

By MATT FRAZIER

STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/15888836.htm

Amazing--although I must say I would be curious enough to check it out.

What will be next? The Sirhan Sirhan cafe in LA?

How about the "Ruby drop inn" in the heart of downtown Dallas. Or the

"Hitler burger bunker" in Berlin

[/qoute]

There is a "Hitler Bar" in Daejeon , South Korea. It is located near the Seo (west) Daejeon Train station and has been there for at least five years now. I am going to try to get an old friend to send some pictures of it to me.

The man framed for Kennedy's murder should not be used this way.

[/qoute]

There is a "Hitler Bar" in Daejeon , South Korea. It is located near the Seo (west) Daejeon Train station and has been there for at least five years now. I am going to try to get an old friend to send some pictures of it to me.

I agree.

Edited by Mark Stapleton

[/qoute]

I agree.

I agree as well. But the movers and shakers in Dallas want it cemented in the minds of our young people that JFK was killed by LHO. Sickening.

Dawn

There was Ruby's Disco in Dallas, that had a wall sized mural of Ruby killing Oswald, which was considered in bad taste in some quarters.

I remember going to Ruby's one night after dinner at the Egyptian Lounge one Saturday night; you had to check your guns at the door; witness Judge Joe Bown, John Judge, T. Carter, Shari Angel and John Armstrong on the dance floor together.

I've started a separate file on all the bars and restaurants that are mentioned in the records for my final thesis, The Thursty Traveler's Culinary tour of the favorite haunts of the assassins - Dallas, New Orleans, DC, Miami and Havana, complete with signature drinks and dishes.

The drink at Ruby's was watered down champagne, while Ozzie Rabbit drank beer with the outfit, vodka with the Ruskies and lemonade with the Cubans.

BK