The Education Forum

Contrast this secret service protection with the JFK stand down

Upon exiting the hotel, why did they make Reagan walk 25 or 30 feet, getting him into the range of Hinckley around the corner, instead of parking the limo right outside the door like they were supposed to?

How about the Dallas Motorcade? :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lulDRB9mXdU

- lee

Ohmygod. I guess when they really want someone protected, they protect.

And I really don't know much about him or his relationship with the US or the coup that brought him to power. In fact all I know of him is...what he said on the Daily Show recently. :D He was flogging his book "In the Line of Fire" in which he says the US threatened to bomb his country into the stone age if he didn't cooperate in the invasion of Afganistan.

Whatever, he got out of Dallas alive. So they couldn't hate him too much.

Upon exiting the hotel, why did they make Reagan walk 25 or 30 feet, getting him into the range of Hinckley around the corner, instead of parking the limo right outside the door like they were supposed to?

Well, that seems like a good question. Hm, so George HW may have infiltrated this SS too in his first attempt to ascend to the throne. Boy don't get between him and something he wants.

Still, at least one SS member supposedly pushed him in a car (not visible on this video) and got him to the hospital quickly. Maybe it was the Clint Hill of the group.

Still, at least one SS member supposedly pushed him in a car (not visible on this video) and got him to the hospital quickly. Maybe it was the Clint Hill of the group.

The SS agent who pushed Reagan into the car is right behind him in the video. Interestingly it was when this agent fell on him in the car that Reagan first felt any pain, telling the agent, "I think you just broke my rib."

Edited by Ron Ecker