The Education Forum

Flechette shot from 70 feet away?

As an editorial aside, if the only point in having the team of UM and DCM there was to supply a signal (presumuably on the President's condition) then I don't see why UM was needed. All they needed was DCM with his raised fist. So UM must have been doing something besides signaling.

Myra,

Good point. But TUM's umbrella can be seen turning in the direction of JFK's limo in the Z-film, as if TUM was "tracking" JFK (IMHO in case a second flechette shot was necessary). Why was TUM wildly pumping the umbrella up and down just a few moments earlier? Answer: Maybe he was both a signaler and a "shooter."

--Thomas

Cutler send me his flechette (as posted by the aussie) for study.

I exposed a number of images and came to the conclusion that

his flechette was in reality a missile from a toy model.

johnw

Johnny,

When you say "as posted by the aussie," do you mean James Richards?

--Thomas

P.S. What are you doing playing around with toys at your age?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also agree with Jack that the strange word 'missile' [not used for bullets!] might be the tip-off!...of course is disappeared, like so much of the evidence.......

The fletchette was designed to dissolve completely, so no missile would be found.

To the contrary, Prouty's missile was metalic and had stabilizing fins. I have a scan

of it and will post it if I can remember the file name. It's length is about the diameter

of a dime. It was propelled by carbon dioxide gas.

Jack

Is this the kind of dart you refer to, Jack?

James

Thanks, James. That very image is somewhere on one of four hard drives,

but I cannot remember the file name. I tried FLECHETTE and MISSILE without

luck. It is probably in a TUM FILE with a non-descriptive name.

Jack

As an editorial aside, if the only point in having the team of UM and DCM there was to supply a signal (presumuably on the President's condition) then I don't see why UM was needed. All they needed was DCM with his raised fist. So UM must have been doing something besides signaling.

Myra,

Good point. But TUM's umbrella can be seen turning in the direction of JFK's limo in the Z-film, as if TUM was "tracking" JFK (IMHO in case a second flechette shot was necessary). Why was TUM wildly pumping the umbrella up and down just a few moments earlier? Answer: Maybe he was both a signaler and a "shooter."

--Thomas

Oh the umbrella definitely rotates in the direction the limo is moving. It could be that UM is rotating as he watches the motorcade, but I think it's more likely that he'd just turn his head and not his whole body.

Thomas, where do you see UM pumping the umbrella up and down? I can't see that on Zapruder. The first I see of the umbrella is after the limo emerges from behind the highway sign, and it rotates with the cars.

Thanks.

Myra,

--Thomas

Oh the umbrella definitely rotates in the direction the limo is moving. It could be that UM is rotating as he watches the motorcade, but I think it's more likely that he'd just turn his head and not his whole body.

Thomas, where do you see UM pumping the umbrella up and down? I can't see that on Zapruder. The first I see of the umbrella is after the limo emerges from behind the highway sign, and it rotates with the cars.

Thanks.

Myra,

Try Googling "umbrella up and down as if signaling." It will take you to Ron Ecker's excellent article on TUM. Remember to click on "cached."

--Thomas

Myra,

--Thomas

Thanks.

Myra,

Try Googling "umbrella up and down as if signaling." It will take you to Ron Ecker's excellent article on TUM. Remember to click on "cached."

--Thomas

Well that's just text describing the umbrella movement, no photos or film. I would need to see some actual evidence that the umbrella was raised and lowered.

I did however find this:

"November 22, 1963, the day President Kennedy was slain, was bright and sunny in Dallas. Why, then, was there a young man with an open umbrella on Elm Street, less than 30 feet from the President's car as it slowly passed by? Presented below is an answer to this puzzle by a former consultant to the House Select Committee on Assassinations. " http://www.ratical.com/ratville/JFK/TUM.html

Though the language ("as it passed by") is vague. It could be that UM had to shoot a flechette a longer distance, then the car moved as close as 30 feet.

Myra,

--Thomas

Thanks.

Myra,

--Thomas

Well that's just text describing the umbrella movement, no photos or film. I would need to see some actual evidence that the umbrella was raised and lowered.

I did however find this:

"November 22, 1963, the day President Kennedy was slain, was bright and sunny in Dallas. Why, then, was there a young man with an open umbrella on Elm Street, less than 30 feet from the President's car as it slowly passed by? Presented below is an answer to this puzzle by a former consultant to the House Select Committee on Assassinations. " http://www.ratical.com/ratville/JFK/TUM.html

Though the language ("as it passed by") is vague. It could be that UM had to shoot a flechette a longer distance, then the car moved as close as 30 feet.

Does anyone on the Forum have/know the link to the Bronson photo that shows TUM's umbrella going up and down?

--Thanks, Thomas

Myra,

--Thomas

Thanks.

Myra,

--Thomas

I did however find this:

I have always thought that the frontal, throat shot was used to "soften up" Kennedy for the kill. But there was never talk of blood from the neck shot, nor is it visable in the Zapruder film. Now we know why.

Layer by layer, the mystery is unraveled.

I also believe it was important that JFK could not cry out , since an order from the commander in chief would have been hard to ignore.

Edited by Peter McGuire

The raised umbrella.

Jack

Thanks for posting the photo, Jack.

A question for all of the amateur and professional photo analysts out there: Is the umbrella blurry in the photo because TUM is raising it, lowering it, pumping it up and down, turning it, a combination of two of these, or as a result of camera movement or (Heaven forbid) something else? IMO, TUM's right hand, holding the umbrella, looks blurry. Comments please?

--Thomas

Edited by Thomas Graves

The raised umbrella.

Jack

A question for all of the amateur and professional photo analysts out there: Is the umbrella blurry in the photo because TUM is raising it, lowering it, pumping it up and down, turning it, a combination of two of these, or as a result of camera movement or (Heaven forbid) something else? IMO, TUM's right hand, holding the umbrella, looks blurry. Comments please?

--Thomas

Thanks for requesting the photo Thomas, and thanks to everyone for posting it. I'm glad you asked for clarification about the blur; I don't see how it's possible without further evidence to conclude that the umbrella is being lifted and lowered. Again, DCM (Orlando Bosch?) fullfilled the signalling function.

And that is an interesting point about the seeming lack of blood from the neck "puncture" (as Dr Malcolm Perry called it). Perhaps that part of the neck (aside from the huge carotid artery and jugular vein) is not that vascular. Or maybe the photos are too far away to see a trickle of blood. And the head wound was so conspicuous, and a tracheotomy so quickly obliterated it, that blood wasn't conspicuous. Not very convincing theories I admit.

But the thing I find most compelling is that the President seems frozen. Has anyone else studied his arms and concluded, like I have, that he is not groping his neck?

The raised umbrella.

Jack

--Thomas

A combination of the things you mention...moving the umbrella, raising it, camera movement,

slow shutter speed, etc. Also, the Bronson slide may have been altered, as seen in the attachment.

Cuban's face blacked out, umbrella man's leg transparent.

Jack

Edited by Jack White