The Education Forum

John Judge on Donald O. Norton

Jack White

Jack,

I think the two older guys are one in the same. My question related more to the younger man.

Thanks anyway.

James

Sorry I misunderstood. Yes, I think all three are the same. Since the

younger photo is from a high school yearbook, that means that

Norton went to Ohio and entered high school while Harvey enlisted

in the marines...or some other subterfuge.

It is all very complicated, and no answers are certain.

Jack

Thanks, Jack. Complicated for sure.

Any ideas who this 'Norton' is?

James

I do not know who he is. My guess is that he may be the "original" Norton,

who was replaced by LHO. What is the source of the photo?

Jack

Jack,

I think the two older guys are one in the same. My question related more to the younger man.

Thanks anyway.

James

Jack

James

Jack

Jack,

If I remember correctly, it was a year book photo from around the mid to late 1950's. I will have to hunt through my notes for the details.

James

Jack,

Thanks anyway.

James

Jack

James

Jack

Jack,

If I remember correctly, it was a year book photo from around the mid to late 1950's. I will have to hunt through my notes for the details.

James

There are these points to ponder

The NARA records of Donald Norton were classified at one time, there are 49 of them as of 11/04/06.

Some of them concern the fact that he, [are we talking about the same person?] or, the Donald Norton listed in the NARA files claimed to be a former CIA agent, [or at least, that was the position the Agency was taking] who, was aiding Jim Garrison in the Kennedy Assassination Garrison was conducting. [Hope he wasn't "helping" in the manner that Bernardo de Torrres did]. At any rate, it is virtually impossible to think a person who was practically? identical to Oswald was hanging out at New Orleans DA's office with Big Jim Garrison.

Then there is the Robert Norton of the Pago Pago Club. Norton received a visit from Jack Ruby around 12 midnight on 11/23/63 See WC Vol XX page 687 Norton Exh. 1

ROBERT L. NORTON, owner, Pago Club, 4611 Cole, telephone LA 6-5710.

Jack,

from your post it doesn't get clear if you think they a 2 different

persons.

Norton=Swanson most likely, correct ?

Jack,

I noticed in that list of addresses, there were a few in Avon Park, Florida.

Interesting to note is that Avon Park Air Force Bombing Range is where specialized training was conducted. Only a small section of the range was actually used by the Air Force and the rest was kept under tight wraps.

It was a good cover and anyone coming and going would be seen as Air Force personnel.

Some elite members of the 30 November Group were trained there.

FWIW.

James

Jack,

persons.

Not a chance! Swanson looks like Santa Claus. Big, chubby, white beard, ruddy face,

no resemblance whatsoever...older than Norton.

I think my posting was very clear.

Jack

Jack,

persons.

Not a chance! Swanson looks like Santa Claus. Big, chubby, white beard, ruddy face,

no resemblance whatsoever...older than Norton.

I think my posting was very clear.

Jack

Sorry,

I must have missed the part where you gave a physical description of Art Swanson.

Edited by Dave Weaver

I believe Norton's HS photo matches the Lee's helmet photo.

The guy in the helmet is Lee, not Harvey.

Jack

I find the photo comparison [above] by Jack to be very convincing that these are photos of the same man. Study of 11/22/63 has long struck me as quite similar to the study of sub-atomic physics....look close and nothing resembles [or is] what it seems to be to the lay person, the uninitiated, at a quick glance, on a day-to-day level, at the level of 'normal society's' consentual reality. Just like in sub-atomic physics, where a desk or wall or rock is mostly empty space, and only gives the illusion of being 'solid', so it is with the details of Dallas. The more and closer one examines the details and follows the leads the more apparent the initial 'view' or perception is not accurate and is deceptive. What seems like fantasy to many is now accepted as scientific fact in physics. Let us hope that our 'sub-atomic world' of strange 'quarks' about Dallas some day are accepted by the society at large - who [for the most part] know nothing of them and what little they know only makes them roll their eyes and wonder about our sanity. It has been / will be a long and hard battle and the spin-masters / magicians have seized upon this too. People want simple and short answers and it is so clear to those of us who have labored in the fields of the events of Dallas, that there are few short answers and the true situation was about as far from simple as one can imagine! The average person in America tends to reject complex explanations for events and motives, yet many of us can clearly see that only very complex inter-related persons/events/facts/deceptions will do to elucidate the truth of this matter.

Jack, what became of Swanson?

Once Armstrong found his connection to Norton and it was made public

he no longer contacts anyone or attends conferences like he did.

Jack