The Education Forum

Censorship of posted messages

Jack White

The "refused" message is the same one I get when I try to reply to a thread or post a new topic.

But, that's only the top half of the error message. The bottom half tells me that I have to log in first before I can post.

Steve Thomas

This is nonsense. Neither of you have had anything done to alter the status of your accounts.

If you can send me your ips I can investigate whether our hosts have any issues with them

An extremely unlikely story Andy!

Now we all know. You are obviously one of those "Undercover Agents for the CIA" who was planted here to disrupt, destroy, and instigate disharmony.

And all along I thought that you were a nice guy!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are obviously one of those "Undercover Agents for the CIA" who was planted here to disrupt, destroy, and instigate disharmony.

And all along I thought that you were a nice guy!

Surely they would pay more than my current rate :tomatoes

Andy,

This is nonsense. Neither of you have had anything done to alter the status of your accounts.

If you can send me your ips I can investigate whether our hosts have any issues with them

I'm sorry. I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear.

The status of my account has not been altered. It's just the way I log onto the Forum.

First I go to the Forum; then if I want to post a new topic or reply to a thread, it tells me I have to log in first, which I do. There is no problem.

Steve Thomas

Andy,

I'm sorry. I'm afraid I didn't make myself clear.

The status of my account has not been altered. It's just the way I log onto the Forum.

First I go to the Forum; then if I want to post a new topic or reply to a thread, it tells me I have to log in first, which I do. There is no problem.

Steve Thomas

Thanks for the clarification Steve.

It is therefore only Jack White who is playing games for reasons yet to be disclosed :ice

I think Steve is on to something - this morning when I accessed the forum as I normally

do it recognized me as a visitor and rejected my posting. But it was a simple matter

of re-entering information as prompted.

Perhaps the same thing happened to Jack?

-- Larry

Peter,

I have to register my objection to Jack's removal from the Forum today. He just sent me the sceen capture of the 'refused' he now gets when logging into the Forum.

The "refused" message is the same one I get when I try to reply to a thread or post a new topic.

But, that's only the top half of the error message. The bottom half tells me that I have to log in first before I can post.

Steve Thomas

This is all quite ridiculous.

In the midst Sunday of complaining about FIVE MESSAGES BEING

DELETED WITHOUT EXPLANATION, when I tried to reply I suddenly

got an error message saying I was not allowed to post to that topic.

This continued for seven hours. I could still log in and READ

MESSAGES, but anytime I tried to reply, I was not allowed to.

After the five deletions, am I to believe that this was simply

COINCIDENCE? No explanation was ever given for the deletions.

Today, things are back to "normal", but no satisfactory explanation

has been forthcoming. Disingeneous? Hackers? What? Who has

the ability to delete messages as happened Sunday? Then the

entire thread disappeared. It's not anything that I did.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

This is all quite ridiculous.

In the midst Sunday of complaining about FIVE MESSAGES BEING

DELETED WITHOUT EXPLANATION, when I tried to reply I suddenly

got an error message saying I was not allowed to post to that topic.

This continued for seven hours. I could still log in and READ

MESSAGES, but anytime I tried to reply, I was not allowed to.

After the five deletions, am I to believe that this was simply

COINCIDENCE? No explanation was ever given for the deletions.

Today, things are back to "normal", but no satisfactory explanation

has been forthcoming. Disingeneous? Hackers? What? Who has

the ability to delete messages as happened Sunday? Then the

entire thread disappeared. It's not anything that I did.

Jack

Another clue....within hours of each other Jack White and Tosh Plumlee emailed me separately saying they couldn't access the Forum and both thinking they had been shut out. I also had problem getting on and then could get on, but couldn't post. Everyone seems to be OK now. I know Jack and Tosh did not communciate on this....most strange! Also, I have yet to check, but Tosh said many of his posts on the S. Knoll had been removed by an agent other than himself. I'll try to check.

Interesting. Terry Mauro sent me an email the other day telling me Tosh had posted a question for me. I could not find it so when I was talking with her over the weekend I asked her to see if she could find it and she was finding all Tosh's posts deleted.

Very very odd.

And yet no explanation for Jack's missing posts.

Dawn

Does that mean you won't be looking into it Andy? Hey, it could be my posts that disappear next time. Can't have that. :lol:

Absolutely. I never bother trying to keep this forum going as you well know ;)

The results of my inquiries thus far however can be summed up in 2 words "user error"

I appreciate, anyone's efforts, that do operate a forum, it is time consuming and at times very frustrating ..it takes a great effort....and at most times taken for granted.....and it is a job.....but

... Are these all User Errors..?...and I am getting the impression that it seems to be appearing to be minimized...as such..?

Then the next question is, who, and why ?? I would think..

Maybe some did perhaps have a glitch in posting...it happens, you wait a few minutes and try again......as a rule, it clears up.......and the next time you try....it works well....

But it seems to appear the list of names is growing, and by experienced posters, not newbies....and it appears at times for hours on end,....??

As well that does not explain, posts nor threads disappearing ?

Is someone playing games ?, has the F been infested ?...

I do not know who or why, but it appears that perhaps someone could be......imo..

B ;)

Edited by Bernice Moore

I appreciate, anyone's efforts, that do operate a forum, it is time consuming and at times very frustrating ..it takes a great effort....and at most times taken for granted.....and it is a job.....but

... Are these all User Errors..?...and I am getting the impression that it seems to be appearing to be minimized...as such..?

Maybe some did perhaps have a glitch in posting...it happens, you wait a few minutes and try again......as a rule, it clears up.......and the next time you try....it works well....

But it seems to appear the list of names is growing, and by experienced posters, not newbies....and it appears at times for hours on end,....??

I do not know who or why, but it appears that perhaps someone could be......imo..

B ;)

All the necessary known checks and scans have been undertaken. The desire to see something more sinister may indeed be very strong but thus far nothing has surfaced

B ;)

Under the assumption that Andy received the email sent to him, I also experienced the exact same thing as did Jack White and others, as well as a problem prior to that in which the topic would not take the posting of an attachment. (Thus the separate subject matter "Personal Messages" in which the attachments could be posted.

So, from: Can post yet cannot post attachements, to can not post at all!

And, having just gotten over problems with aol and others, it certainly bore all of the resemblances to some computer problems somewhere.

But then again, I am only marginally paranoid!

Evolution of a thread:

Four times today I have posted messages that later were

removed without apparent cause. I assume only a moderator

has this authority. WHY ARE MY POSTINGS BEING REMOVED?

Jack

Dawn is absolutely correct.

Nothing is "up"

This is getting a little ridiculous. I fear Jack may be getting a little forgetful and perhaps more than a little paranoid.
You may of course choose to stay or go. Either course of action is of complete disinterest to me. I will however continue to administer this forum in keeping with its stated aims.

Should you choose to stay then perhaps you may consider posting messages of educational merit rather than concentrating your efforts on trivial and boring attempts to blacken the good name of the administrators.

I have no idea what game Mr White is playing here :angry:

Just to make things crystal clear, despite the fact that he seems incapable of polite discourse, Jack White hasn't been banned from this forum. Just as soon as he remembers how to post again I am sure we will all be blessed by the return of his insight.

It is therefore only Jack White who is playing games for reasons yet to be disclosed :rolleyes:
conspiracy
Absolutely. I never bother trying to keep this forum going as you well know :rolleyes:

The results of my inquiries thus far however can be summed up in 2 words "user error"

All the necessary known checks and scans have been undertaken. The desire to see something more sinister may indeed be very strong but thus far nothing has surfaced
Under the assumption that Andy received the email sent to him, I also experienced the exact same thing as did Jack White and others, as well as a problem prior to that in which the topic would not take the posting of an attachment. (Thus the separate subject matter "Personal Messages" in which the attachments could be posted.....