The Education Forum

Censorship of posted messages

Jack White

Your point being?

My points are as follows

I spend several hours of every day ensuring that this forum remains online. For the benefit of 'soft get' Hogan and his allies this includes;

1. virus checking the entire database at least twice daily

2. checking the ip addresses of all new members against known troublesome ones

3. running checks against suspicious posters and postings

4. checking for security updates from out hosts and installing them and rebuilding the forum when they occur (and they do quite frequently).

5. Liasing with the software hosts over security issues

You get all this for nothing guys!

I am left less than content when my efforts are rewarded by moronic complaints from users whose vastly inflated view of the importance of their own postings leads them to believe that their own incompetence in using computers is evidence of some vast conspiracy to keep their "vital information" offline. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Members also get Walker's woefully uninformed opinions, mean-spirited false assumptions, petty comments,

close-minded diatribes and sophomoric smilies. No charge.

Mr. Walker's credo is DO NOT QUESTION AUTHORITY...MINE OR GOVERNMENTAL!

Jack

Members also get Walker's woefully uninformed opinions, mean-spirited false assumptions, petty comments,

This is unfair. It is true that Andy Walker is sceptical about political conspiracies. He can also be verbally very harsh on people he disagrees with (see some of the comments he makes about me concerning West Ham, my beloved football team). However, he is not a supporter of the status quo. Nor does he delete postings that he does not like or ban members who criticise him (otherwise this thread would not have remained on the forum). He also gives up a lot of his own time to make sure that this forum survives from people who really are opposed to free speech.

If people have lost postings it is because of technical problems. It is not because the administrators believe in censoring freedom of speech.

I think it would be a good idea if this thread is allowed to die. To quote Freud: "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

This is unfair. It is true that Andy Walker is sceptical about political conspiracies. He can also be verbally very harsh on people he disagrees with (see some of the comments he makes about me concerning West Ham, my beloved football team). However, he is not a supporter of the status quo. Nor does he delete postings that he does not like or ban members who criticise him (otherwise this thread would not have remained on the forum). He also gives up a lot of his own time to make sure that this forum survives from people who really are opposed to free speech.

If people have lost postings it is because of technical problems. It is not because the administrators believe in censoring freedom of speech.

I think it would be a good idea if this thread is allowed to die. To quote Freud: "sometimes a cigar is just a cigar."

I think it would be a good idea if this thread is allowed to die.

John, I would respectfully disagree!

An accusation, which happens to be totally and completely without any factual foundation or merit, has been made against Andy, as if he were some part of the "GIANT CONSPIRACY" to either subvert the truths and facts, or through his position, influence what does and does not make it through on this forum.

As one who has experienced multiple posting problems, I first off accredit it to my probable lack of knowledge as relates to computers, and then secondly to networking problems. Then, I consider the possibility/probability of outside intereference aka virus problems.

As what appears to be the only person out on the limb of "lone assassin", I for one appreciate the work which quite obviously you as well as Andy have dedicated to this forum.

And, although we certainly disagree on many aspects of the US Political system, as well as many aspects of the JFK Assassination, this forum has been the most open and multi-faceted approach to date in exploring the assassination and it's many questions.

Which gives credit to the founders and administrators for their open minded approach, even though they may have their own pre-determined views related to the events.

Were it otherwise, then me and my few marbles would have long ago gone elsewhere and found another game.

Hang in there Andy, history is generally always a far better judge than are the frequent rants and ravings of the masses or even the lone individual.

Always consider the source!

Guest Gary Loughran
[q] It is true that Andy Walker is sceptical about political conspiracies. He can also be verbally very harsh on people he disagrees with (see some of the comments he makes about me concerning West Ham, my beloved football team).

More in common than I thought John. I'm an Iron too.

Arsene l sure didn't take too kindly to Marvelous Marlon's goal on Sunday. :)

I think Andy would even be disappointed at both Mourinho and Wengers 'conspiracy' theories against the big clubs.

Sorry folks for derailing the thread, just a little light hearted respite.

Gary

Guest John Woods

Jack,

Have you ever thought of creating your own forum, thus

avoiding all the problems?

Should you decide to create your own forum, let me

know!

johnw

Edited by John Woods

Jack

You imbecile!

Self evidently you can question what you like here. You can also expect to be questioned - this of course is the feature you find most problematical.

WHOA DUDES !!!!

Andy, John, Jack and I have all been on good terms for years, so maybe I can

help mediate and clarify this unfortunate passage..........

Like Larry, I got "blocked" and was not allowed to respond normally to a topic yesterday

.........until I logged in (and my software remembered my passwords for me, I haven't had

to log in in years. I suspect Jack White composed messages , attempted to send them and

got the Pink "Rejection" slip like we get we post twice inside of one minute.............

Jack, I assure you, andy and john are NEUTRAL ADMINISTRATORS of a fairly radical international

education forum, and have no occult designs on censoring your views on NASA, WTC7, OSWALD

or any thing else.................

come on Jack, the first rule is "know who your friends are"

best

shanet

WHOA DUDES !!!!

Like Larry, I got "blocked" and was not allowed to respond normally to a topic yesterday

.........until I logged in (and my software remembered my passwords for me, I haven't had

to log in in years. I suspect Jack White composed messages , attempted to send them and

got the Pink "Rejection" slip like we get we post twice inside of one minute.............

Jack, I assure you, andy and john are NEUTRAL ADMINISTRATORS of a fairly radical international

education forum, and have no occult designs on censoring your views on NASA, WTC7, OSWALD

best

shanet

Thanks, friend! I do know.

Jack :)

WHOA DUDES !!!!

best

shanet

Thanks, friend! I do know.

Jack :)

Jack,

Have you been logging in? I learned a long time ago that if I want to just "lurk," I don't log in, but if I want to post a reply, edit one of my previous posts, or start a new thread, I gotta log in...

FWIW, Thomas

Why should I continue to waste my time here?

Jack

You may of course choose to stay or go. Either course of action is of complete disinterest to me. I will however continue to administer this forum in keeping with its stated aims.

Should you choose to stay then perhaps you may consider posting messages of educational merit rather than concentrating your efforts on trivial and boring attempts to blacken the good name of the administrators.

Andy,

Jack stated his postings were being edited/removed.

I did not see a response from you indicating that you had checked into the matter.

Instead, you made fun of Jack, insinuating that he may be too old to remember what he had done.

The first "blackening" i saw was made by you to Jack.

You did not have a problem needing help, you had been advised of a problem needing help, and your

response was flippant to say the least.

Persoanlity conflicts should not be the basis for helping/not helping a forum member when he/she is

experiencing difficulties posting to this forum.

I would hope Mr. Simkin will look into the problem to ascertain whether it was simply a glitch in the system.

If it turns out to be more than that...an apology would be in order...in my humble opinion of course.

I hope that my daring to question your actions will not result in my removal from the forum.

But, if it does, so be it.

Jack is known to speak his mind. He does not care what others think of his ideas.

I, for one, find that trait of his admirable..and used to think it every Americans right, no, more than that, it

is his duty, to speak his mind, when he feels something needs to be addressed and corrected.

I thought this forum was dedicated to that premise.

Thank you.

Your point being?

My points are as follows

I spend several hours of every day ensuring that this forum remains online. For the benefit of 'soft get' Hogan and his allies this includes;

1. virus checking the entire database at least twice daily

2. checking the ip addresses of all new members against known troublesome ones

3. running checks against suspicious posters and postings

4. checking for security updates from out hosts and installing them and rebuilding the forum when they occur (and they do quite frequently).

5. Liasing with the software hosts over security issues

I am left less than content when my efforts are rewarded by moronic complaints from users whose vastly inflated view of the importance of their own postings leads them to believe that their own incompetence in using computers is evidence of some vast conspiracy to keep their "vital information" offline. :):angry:

I hope you never feel unappreciated Andy. Perhaps you don't hear this frequently enough...

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK!

Sometimes I forget to thank people often enough for their efforts. I apologise for this.

You do us all a great favor in helping to make this forum available to us.

Thanks again.

Very very odd.

And yet no explanation for Jack's missing posts.

Dawn

conspiracy

Perhaps this has happened in preparation for the forthcoming article in the Times?

People logging in for the first time would be treated to serious battle which borders on lunacy.

Perhaps we could stop this stuff now and reflect upon the true purpose of our being here?

????