The Education Forum

The C.I.A.: Now resorting to recruit via FM radio?

Terry Mauro

I was just wondering if any other folks out there across the vast wasteland of the continental U.S. of A. have heard a commercial on their radio stations being aired by the C.I.A. in a similar vein as The Army and Marine Corp visuals being shown on commercial TV. They're geared along those same lines, encouraging people to join the C.I.A. for a career in "intelligence," as if it were some trade school trying to pass itself off for a college. i.e. I.T.T. or DeVry. They tell you to log on to cia.gov if you're looking for a career with the U.S. government.

Since when has the C.I.A. started to recruit from the blue-collar droves? I thought that's what they sent G. Gordon Liddy out on the Ivy League circuit for? To recruit from the supposedly brightest of the elites. The only time I can remember EVER seeing an advertisement for recruitment was back in 1989, in the classified section of the LA Times, and that was a really small ad which required a B.S. degree, if I remember correctly. The only reason I can think of might be to beef up The Homeland Security Force, or might it be to use these "new" recruits as "expendible" moles?

Edited by Terry Mauro

Ter:

Why don't you send them a resume. Can you imagine? Scary thought....:)

Hey, you will be here next week. Can't wait!!!! Love you girl.

Dawn

"Why don't you send them a resume. Can you imagine? Scary thought....:)"

I'd rather send my resume to Castro before I'd ever send anything to those assholes, and their damned "Company."

Ter:

Why don't you send them a resume. Can you imagine? Scary thought....;)

Hey, you will be here next week. Can't wait!!!! Love you girl.

Dawn

Here's an update. Tonight, while driving home, the advertisement is aired again on FM. This time they've upgraded their pitch and changed the name from, a career in the Central Intelligence Agency, to a career in the "Clandestine Intelligence Association. An Agency." Same url cia.gov, though. I'd google it, but I haven't had the time or inclination to do so, as yet. Maybe this weekend. There's got to be a hitch.

Privacy Notice

;)

:blink:

stay away from there.

they are proponents of "spyware".

you be the judge.

"they are proponents of "spyware"."

Thanks for the warning. Like I really have the time to check it out, to begin with. :D

Well, just thought I'd cruise by after re-newing my Norton subscription, always due in November. And, then on to finish gathering up my things for packing for my trip to Austin.

Hey, Dawnie. I see you're up early this A.M. :D

Let me just cruise another couple of threads, then I'm outta here. :lol: