The Education Forum

Martin Luther King and *HUMAN RIGHTS*

Maybe this is a quibble, but Dr. King broadened his scope to encompass human rights. He wasn't just a spokesman for one segment of society. In fact I believe his expanded focus in his later year(s)--to include opposition to the Vietnam war, much like JFK...--is what cost him his life. Along with his outspoken support of the unsightly poor.

I'd like to see this forum title changed to reflect his true focus on all disenfranchised people. I really think he earned it. And the corporate powers that be would prefer that we see him in the more limited capacity of a civil rights hero. He was that but he was more.

Thank you.

Maybe this is a quibble, but Dr. King broadened his scope to encompass human rights. He wasn't just a spokesman for one segment of society. In fact I believe his expanded focus in his later year(s)--to include opposition to the Vietnam war, much like JFK...--is what cost him his life. Along with his outspoken support of the unsightly poor.

I'd like to see this forum title changed to reflect his true focus on all disenfranchised people. I really think he earned it. And the corporate powers that be would prefer that we see him in the more limited capacity of a civil rights hero. He was that but he was more.

Thank you.

Myra, I think you are exactly right.

Thank you.

Myra, I think you are exactly right.

Thank you Michael.