The Education Forum

Anyone know where a better version of this picture is?

That photo has always struck me as a pre-Photoshop fake. Maybe it isn't, but I can't imagine at what event LBJ and JFK would have been together with LBJ acting in such apparent boorish fashion to embarrass the president. Nor do I ever recall reading of any such incident.

Granted, LBJ was a lowdown skunk, but I think he also knew something about protocol in public, particularly in the president's presence.

But that's all just my opinion. Maybe LBJ was all liquored up that day.

Myra,

Nice photo. I haven't seen that one before. Is it from the 1963 Texas trip?

Whoops I should have said Mark. It's (supposedly) from the 1960 campaign. I got it from this site:

http://www.mackwhite.com/lbj.html

It would be nice to know if it's authentic. Anyone know?

Edited by Myra Bronstein

Lyndon! Lyndon! Leave them alone!

If it bothers you that much,

I'll leave the bubble top off!

Sure would like to get a better copy.

Don't see one at the LBJ "presidential" library or the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library.

Anyone know where a good version is?

Great cropping, by whomever, of the original great photo because anyone looking at it could/would naturally assume that LBJ is giving the heckler "the finger!" Gotta love it...

FWIW, Thomas

Lyndon! Lyndon! Leave them alone!

If it bothers you that much,

I'll leave the bubble top off!

Duke! Bad Duke, bad! :lol:

Sure would like to get a better copy.

Don't see one at the LBJ "presidential" library or the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library.

Anyone know where a good version is?

Great cropping, by whomever, of the original great photo because anyone looking at it could/would naturally assume that LBJ is giving the heckler "the finger!" Gotta love it...

FWIW, Thomas

That's true. Very true. Gotta give 'em kudos for that.

Myra,

Nice photo. I haven't seen that one before. Is it from the 1963 Texas trip?

Whoops I should have said Mark. It's (supposedly) from the 1960 campaign. I got it from this site:

http://www.mackwhite.com/lbj.html

It would be nice to know if it's authentic. Anyone know?

Fascinating little story from Mack White.

LBJ goes from bad to worse with each new disclosure. Only the most jaundiced redneck holdout could deny his involvement in the JFK conspiracy.

Thanks for the Mack White piece Myra,

reading that made my day.

I too know a guy who used to work at the LBJ Library. I think he worked in security, an ex-Navy SEAL, Seal Team Six Reserves, who knew Lady Bird pretty well. It seems she hung out at the library. Although I've never seen it, he also says he has an extensive collection of photos and documents that he was suppose to trash.

Mack White's story is almost funny if it wasn't so sad.

If you follow him back to Homepage, his story about the California college student who was stun gunned into leaving the campus library by a sadomaso cop is also interesting.

As for the photo, it reminded me of an incident in Dallas on the 1960 campaign trail when LBJ came to Dallas and was met by a group of women demonstrators - and there was an incident at the Adolphis Hotel, where LBJ was to speak. There's similar photos of LBJ in Dallas, but I don't think JFK was with him.

There should be a dateline and date for the photo somewhere.

BK

Edited by William Kelly