The Education Forum

John Simkin: CIA Agent?

John Simkin

I had this email from a fellow JFK researcher this morning that included the following passage. “This is where I have to tell you that a researcher of some repute told me just two days ago that you are CIA.”

The most interesting aspect of this is the phrase “a researcher of some repute”. This is not the first time I have been told about this CIA smear. One friend actually named the person who told him I was a CIA disinformation agent. To my surprise he was a member of this forum who I consider to be one of the leading researchers into the JFK assassination. I imagine that most researchers would have believed the story if they heard it from him. The point is that I am convinced that this person is not CIA. He is also extremely intelligent, yet he appears to genuinely believe this story.

I suppose I should take it as a compliment that those opposed to the investigation into the JFK assassination have felt the need to smear me in this way. To be truthful, if I was in charge of Operation Mockingbird, I would launch a smear campaign against me. Not because of the quality of my work but because of the influence that I have on JFK research. I am talking about this forum and the high-ranking that my JFK website has achieved in the search-engines.

What I cannot understand is what these people who believe that I am a CIA agent consider what my motivation is?

I would be grateful if any other members of the forum have heard these CIA stories could post on this thread. I would be interested in hearing the names of the people who told them these stories (by email if you prefer not to embarrass the person concerned). I am particularly interested in what my CIA “motivation” is for creating my JFK website and running this forum.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I've met you and you are not CIA. A ridiculos notion. I imagine that in any group if you have opposing views you will have someone saying such things, particularly if it's genearally an issue anyway. As you say the issue is really who says it and why it's said at all.

What a lot of rot.

I disagree with a lot of what you say, but you have continuously demonstrated yourself to be fair and balanced in all matters. You seem to be a person who might "disagree with what you say but defend your right to say it".

Do you know who has made this slur against you?

John, I've met you and you are not CIA. A ridiculos notion. I imagine that in any group if you have opposing views you will have someone saying such things, particularly if it's genearally an issue anyway. As you say the issue is really who says it and why it's said at all.

The point is that I am in complete agreement with the person who said it. As I say, he is one of the most impressive posters on the forum.

Do you know who has made this slur against you?

I have been given one name. See above.

I don't normally inhabit the JFK forum, so I can't judge who this may or may not be.

The fact that this person believes (or perhaps doesn't?) what they may have said about you just goes to demonstrate that some people can have utter faith in things that are totally wrong.

Albeit that you might be a CIA agent (because I have no way of knowing), however I think the chances of that are extremely slim. So slim as to be next to zero.

If anything, I would think you were a KGB sleeper agent! :ph34r:

Evan Burton said:
I don't normally inhabit the JFK forum, so I can't judge who this may or may not be.

The fact that this person believes (or perhaps doesn't?) what they may have said about you just goes to demonstrate that some people can have utter faith in things that are totally wrong.

Albeit that you might be a CIA agent (because I have no way of knowing), however I think the chances of that are extremely slim. So slim as to be next to zero.

If anything, I would think you were a KGB sleeper agent! :ph34r:

If Mr Simkin is a CIA operative, then all I can say is that he must be a quadruple agent.

Do the maths.

--  Tommy  :sun

Edited by Thomas Graves

Guest Gary Loughran

Hi john,

I have not heard these rumours.

Funnily enough though, it has occurred to me that you may be a gatekeeper as such. I mean you have probably the most influential sites, top researchers, access to authors and their thoughts, perhaps even sources. This site has one of the best reputations on JFK research and education.

Within this site is everything any intelligence agent probing/guarding 'what the researchers know', would have a fairly comprehensive overview and more.

I am usually dismissive of this notion, but occassionally I think of Kenny Everetts "Round 'em up, put 'em in a field and bomb the bastards" skit as an analogy for the forum. :-)

To answer your question, I doubt you are CIA, however, I can understand those who do so.

Any way, being from Northern Ireland has given me an insight into how the intelligence services work with paramilitaries, politicians and judiciary to indulge in political assassination and terrorism at the highest level. Maybe you work for 6 :-)

So I am a natural sceptic of most things written and said. Love many, trust few and always paddle your own canoe as my ma would say.

I hope you appreciate this is my honest opinion. Furthermore it's a toss up between you and Robert Charles Dunne as to whose posts I find most enlightening.

Also, I've directed a few friends to this site, so maybe that says more about my true feelings

Kindest Regards

Gary

Edited by Gary Loughran

I had this email from a fellow JFK researcher this morning that included the following passage. “This is where I have to tell you that a researcher of some repute told me just two days ago that you are CIA.”

The most interesting aspect of this is the phrase “a researcher of some repute”. This is not the first time I have been told about this CIA smear. One friend actually named the person who told him I was a CIA disinformation agent. To my surprise he was a member of this forum who I consider to be one of the leading researchers into the JFK assassination. I imagine that most researchers would have believed the story if they heard it from him. The point is that I am convinced that this person is not CIA. He is also extremely intelligent, yet he appears to genuinely believe this story.

I suppose I should take it as a compliment that those opposed to the investigation into the JFK assassination have felt the need to smear me in this way. To be truthful, if I was in charge of Operation Mockingbird, I would launch a smear campaign against me. Not because of the quality of my work but because of the influence that I have on JFK research. I am talking about this forum and the high-ranking that my JFK website has achieved in the search-engines.

What I cannot understand is what these people who believe that I am a CIA agent consider what my motivation is?

I would be grateful if any other members of the forum have heard these CIA stories could post on this thread. I would be interested in hearing the names of the people who told them these stories (by email if you prefer not to embarrass the person concerned). I am particularly interested in what my CIA “motivation” is for creating my JFK website and running this forum.

John,

As you probably know, I also received this moniker from a "researcher of some repute" some time ago. It was said I was writing posts from a cubicle at Langley to disrupt forums and keep people from knowing what they claimed was the truth. Some of my fellow members at Lancer were asked by that person to vouch for me. That person then proceeded to "check me out", and actually posted personal information about me that he had discovered.

When you vociferously disagree with some pet theories, you run the risk of being called nearly anything. As you said, it makes no sense. I am one of the most vocal supporters I know of the case against the CIA, as you are. If I was CIA, I'd be agreeing with some of the more outlandish theories out there, trying to deflect attention away from the Company(of course then some moron might see that as a PSYOP, and cite it as "proof"!).

You have done a great service with your forum and your research. Keep up the fine work.

RJS

As you probably know, I also received this moniker from a "researcher of some repute" some time ago. It was said I was writing posts from a cubicle at Langley to disrupt forums and keep people from knowing what they claimed was the truth. Some of my fellow members at Lancer were asked by that person to vouch for me. That person then proceeded to "check me out", and actually posted personal information about me that he had discovered.

When you vociferously disagree with some pet theories, you run the risk of being called nearly anything. As you said, it makes no sense. I am one of the most vocal supporters I know of the case against the CIA, as you are. If I was CIA, I'd be agreeing with some of the more outlandish theories out there, trying to deflect attention away from the Company(of course then some moron might see that as a PSYOP, and cite it as "proof"!).

I accept your point about researchers who disagree with your theories spreading rumours about you being CIA. I therefore would not be surprised if people I have clashed with me in the past like Tim Gratz, Tim Carroll, Ashton Gray, Wim Danbaar, Tom Purvis, etc. put it around that I was CIA. As a result of their past history, they would probably not be believed. However, the person who has been named does not fall into this category. We never clash and I virtually agree with everything he says. I also do not believe he is himself CIA. He is also extremely intelligent. Therefore, he has obviously been told a very convincing story by someone he trusts. Maybe he will be willing to post this story.

I have also been told that other members of this forum are CIA. One named Larry Hancock as a CIA asset. He even gave me details of where and when he was recruited. It was pure nonsense of course but this researcher had been given this information by someone they trusted. In this case I think it was pure jealousy. Larry, to my mind is the most important JFK researcher we have.

I have also been told that Debra Conway is a CIA agent. Again, a ridiculous idea and probably another case of jealousy. Debra’s JFK Lancer website and forum is one of the most important sources of information for genuine researchers.

Why do some of us believe these stories? The problem is that we all believe in conspiracies. Therefore we are easy targets for people who want to spread disinformation or want to create disunity amongst us.

I recently had a conversation with my most important source of information on the JFK assassination. He has contacts from within the intelligence community. He told me the CIA is very concerned about my website and forum. He also warned me not to write about certain characters who had in the past been CIA assets. I asked him what would happen if I did write about these characters. Would I be in a danger? He laughed and said the CIA no longer kills people. What they would do is to discredit me. I thought it interesting that these are virtually the same words used by Gene Wheaton in the filmed interview where he named Carl E. Jenkins and Chi Chi Quintero as two of the men behind the assassination of JFK.

Mr. Simkin,

I hope these "rumors" about you do not change the way you run these forums. I've only been a member for a couple of days, but I've been reading them for a long time. The unbelievable wealth of knowlege I've gained on these forums is amazing!! I thank you for all your hard work.

Pat

Guest Stephen Turner

The fact that certain "agencies" would use paranoia as a tool of control should come as no surprise to most members, it has a long history as a ruling class method of internal disruption, with false flag terrorism its outward manifestation. This is a sure sign that this Forum is getting just a little bit to close to certain unpalitable truths for some peoples palates, and a sign that we should ignore all attempts to distract us. CARRY ON RESEARCHING.

Don't worry, John. I think any of us who've been independent thinkers over the years have been accused, at one point or another, of possibly being assets, if not agents, ourselves.

Have you gotten our pictures, yet? You can post them if you'd like, and let the members view some of your American contingency in the U.S.

Terry [posting from Dawn's rig, again] :ph34r: