The Education Forum

Special Dallas Tour

On Sat. November 18th I had the rare opportunity to tour the Municipal Building in Dallas. Most of you know this building as the place where Oswald was shot, in the basement garage. During the tour we got to go up to the jail block, where we saw and sat in, "Oswalds cell". It was not at all how I've heard it described by those challenging the Elrod story, and the setting is actually favorable to it. I'm not endorsing any theory of what may, or may not have taken place there , I just found it facinating how different it actually was from what I had pictured, judging from the debate about "Oswald Talked"

If anyone has a question, feel free to ask.

On Sat. November 18th I had the rare opportunity to tour the Municipal Building in Dallas. Most of you know this building as the place where Oswald was shot, in the basement garage. During the tour we got to go up to the jail block, where we saw and sat in, "Oswalds cell". It was not at all how I've heard it described by those challenging the Elrod story, and the setting is actually favorable to it. I'm not endorsing any theory of what may, or may not have taken place there , I just found it facinating how different it actually was from what I had pictured, judging from the debate about "Oswald Talked"

If anyone has a question, feel free to ask.

Good stuff, Bill.

Can you give us a basic floorplan? Like could prisoners see each other in the various cells?

James

If you were sitting in Oswalds cell (F-2), you could see anyone brought down the corridor to those 3 cells, especially if you were standing or sitting to the left hand side (facing out). I coud see through the doorway leading out to the main hallway, when the corridor door was open. You could also hear anything said in that corridor or cells , the acoustics were very loud, the corridor is only 3.5 ft wide. If I had sightly longer arms I could have passed a note thru the bars to the cells on either side easily. Thats how close together they are, seperated only by a sheet of steel. There are ONLY 3 cells in this corridor F-1,2,3, all the other cell are down the main hall and through another door(s) 50-60' away in the main block. Oswalds cell is a 2 bunk cell ,the ones on either side are 1 bunk.

If you were sitting in Oswalds cell (F-2), you could see anyone brought down the corridor to those 3 cells, especially if you were standing or sitting to the left hand side (facing out). I coud see through the doorway leading out to the main hallway, when the corridor door was open. You could also hear anything said in that corridor or cells , the acoustics were very loud, the corridor is only 3.5 ft wide. If I had sightly longer arms I could have passed a note thru the bars to the cells on either side easily. Thats how close together they are, seperated only by a sheet of steel. There are ONLY 3 cells in this corridor F-1,2,3, all the other cell are down the main hall and through another door(s) 50-60' away in the main block. Oswalds cell is a 2 bunk cell ,the ones on either side are 1 bunk.

Interesting.

Thanks, Bill.

James