The Education Forum

Missing Nix frames

John Dolva

note: PAL is progressive scan, frames will more than likely clearer or appear "sharper", NTSC on the other hand is interleaved, two fields (upper-lower/odd-even) make one frame, as a result the frames will appear slightly "softer" than the PAL frames, all things considered, including the original quality of the imagery[/color]

Correct. PAL systems typically do not bother with the telecine process the same way as NTSC has to. They usually just do a 1:1 frame transfer and let the movie run slightly fast (25fps vs. 24fps). PAL also has much more true color reproduction...

Here are some sample frames. The source in this case is NTSC.

Frame 1: (Non-Interlaced Frame)

Frame 2: (Interlaced Frame - contains frame 1 and frame 3 on alternating lines - i.e. odd/even fields)

Frame 3: (Non-Interlaced)

The interlaced frames, along with duplicate frames "correct" the frame rate. Notice the telltale horizontal lines in the interlaced frame. This is very noticeable when these frames pop up on a progressive device (like a computer monitor).

Edited by Frank Agbat

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could very well be the source. We'll see. The edges of the concrete pedestal look a bit more blurred than I got. Perhaps recheck the alignments? If you take the biggest gap on the pic I posted (count the black lines) and compare the frames at that place you should be able to see if there are more frames in the version you have. Particularly the grouping at the headshot.

John;

Might want to recheck your reference angles on that headshot location.

Zapruder to JFK with reference to the woman running across the grassy area in the background, as compared with your Nix film.

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z313.jpg

I've looked at the various files in question regarding NIX frames.

I believe in both cases, the NFV video (Groden) was the source of the clip.

I took a look at the telecine/interleaving pattern that was used on this DVD. In general, the pattern used seems to be:

AA BB B+C CC DD D+E EE FF F+G

That is to say:

Frame A (full frame)

Frame A (duplicate, full frame)

Frame B (full frame)

Frame B (duplicate)

Interlaced (Frame B interlaced with frame C)

etc...

It could very well be the source. We'll see. The edges of the concrete pedestal look a bit more blurred than I got. Perhaps recheck the alignments? If you take the biggest gap on the pic I posted (count the black lines) and compare the frames at that place you should be able to see if there are more frames in the version you have. Particularly the grouping at the headshot.

John;

Might want to recheck your reference angles on that headshot location.

Zapruder to JFK with reference to the woman running across the grassy area in the background, as compared with your Nix film.

http://www.assassinationresearch.com/zfilm/z313.jpg

Mr. SHANEYFELT. Yes; there are. There are six photographs selected at random from the Nix film, including frame 24, which is a frame depicting the shot to the head of the President,

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk...Vol18_0048a.htm

That's interesting. The WC published ones start with what they have numbered 24 and call the headshot, whereas the clip has the headshot showing on the frame previous to this(assuming no missing). (I'll try to match their numberings) but their headshot frame IS in the clip and I estimate there is one frame between the clip headshot and the WC headshot. Now, they have that one numbered 24. I left out number 1 so if there are no missing frames then, according to the clip, their 24 is the clips 21 so there are two frames missing(from the clip). As the 'spacial analysis' indicates there are six frames missing prior to this I'm more confused than before.

(FRank:: I wonder if you could zip up the first 50 assassination sequence nix groden frames and send them to me please?)

Edited by John Dolva

the first 49 frames

That's interesting. The WC published ones start with what they have numbered 24 and call the headshot, whereas the clip has the headshot showing on the frame previous to this(assuming no missing). (I'll try to match their numberings) but their headshot frame IS in the clip and I estimate there is one frame between the clip headshot and the WC headshot. Now, they have that one numbered 24. I left out number 1 so if there are no missing frames then, according to the clip, their 24 is the clips 21 so there are two frames missing(from the clip). As the 'spacial analysis' indicates there are six frames missing prior to this I'm more confused than before.

(FRank:: I wonder if you could zip up the first 50 assassination sequence nix groden frames and send them to me please?)

John;

I keep attempting to inform as well as guide through the maze!

And rest assured, it is a masterpiece, and only the best of "Puzzlemasters" should enter.

Otherwise, one ends up quite lost and chasing multiple assassins and body snatchers.

Anyone got that vehicle speed yet?????

We'll get there, Tom. meanwhile here's a gif (Thank you Eugene, in chasing up Flash I found a good prog that does both gifs and avi's so thanks for the motivator) that shows the clip with the jerks at the missing frames running at 18.5 fps. I see what you mean about slowness, Frank.

We'll get there, Tom. meanwhile here's a gif (Thank you Eugene, in chasing up Flash I found a good prog that does both gifs and avi's so thanks for the motivator) that shows the clip with the jerks at the missing frames running at 18.5 fps. I see what you mean about slowness, Frank.

As you are no doubt aware!

I am well known for frequently grabbing one by the hair and thereafter yanking their head up out of the rabbit hole and attempting to "point" to the fox.

Therefore, if the calculated vehicle speed in the Nix film is either faster, or slower, than the calculated vehicle speed, through the same area, as seen in the Z-film.

Then, as the old saying goes, something ain't right!

But! Your work is also a critical element of the WHY?

And, one must ask the correct questions if they wish to get the correct information, and thus gain knowledge.

You're right, Tom. It's very important. At this point I have doubt about the correct frame rate. Frank has probably something to say on that. We'll see. I'm going to put together a gif with madeup frames put in where I think they are missing to see what that looks like.

You're right, Tom. It's very important. At this point I have doubt about the correct frame rate. Frank has probably something to say on that. We'll see. I'm going to put together a gif with madeup frames put in where I think they are missing to see what that looks like.

John;

Being well aware that you are one of the "problem solvers", the "hint" is that others should also follow suit and perhaps make an effort to begin to work on specific areas in which perhaps even they may have expertise.

There are a great deal of various "specializations" in life, and this is a primary reason that civilization has progressed to this stage.

Until each little obfuscation (specific problem) of the WC's quite masterful deception is placed into it's proper perspective, the overall picture of the puzzle will not come into sight.

If nothing else, a math major knows that one can not resolve the entire equation until they accurately resolve each sub-part of the equation.

Guess that is why our college physics professor would not allow us to merely right down the answer.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/07/Daeron/.03-2faq.html

"Reference has been made to Martin Shackelford commenting that "it seems

like a skull fragment flying through the air would be in more than one

frame" (3, p76, 77) - but it is clear to this observer that what

Shackelford was looking at was *not* the original - intact Nix film, but

rather a doctored substitute that emerged after "the original film was

lost during the HSCA investigations"(3, p78)

Certainly, the version of the Nix film I have (on 'The Two Kennedys')

shows more than 'one frame' and, as I indicated, it is tracked with

the aid of a reference circle (estimated duration: 0.5-0.6s or 8-10

frames). It is evident to me that more than one version of the Nix film

is in circulation, and that there is no assurance that anyone looking at

a copy will see the intact version. ('The Two Kennedys' is dated 1976,

or two years before the HSCA investigations where "original copies were

lost")

Orville Nix himself (interview, 'Rush to Judgment') notes that there

was an original of his film (which went to UPI) and a copy of that -

which went to the federal investigators. When his film was returned to

him (the gov't version) Nix pointedly noted that it was *not* the same

as what he had originally given them. In fact, he observed "a frame here

and there was missing". Assuming that no one knows his film better than

Nix himself, this leads one to suspect that at least three versions of

the Nix film are in circulation:

- The original (UPI) unedited version (also in 'The Two Kennedys')

- The tampered version returned to Nix (frames missing)

- A 2nd tampered version - after a copy 'disappeared' during the HSCA

In his book 'Killing the Truth', Harrison Livingstone notes (2, p77):

"Doug Mizzer reports evidence of forgery with this film, with a frame

having been removed following the headshot."

and I see also frames removed before the headshot.

A copy of "The Two Kennedy's" Italian 1976 would be a good thing to have.

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/07/Daeron/.03-2faq.html

"Reference has been made to Martin Shackelford commenting that "it seems

like a skull fragment flying through the air would be in more than one

frame" (3, p76, 77) - but it is clear to this observer that what

Shackelford was looking at was *not* the original - intact Nix film, but

rather a doctored substitute that emerged after "the original film was

lost during the HSCA investigations"(3, p78)

Certainly, the version of the Nix film I have (on 'The Two Kennedys')

shows more than 'one frame' and, as I indicated, it is tracked with

the aid of a reference circle (estimated duration: 0.5-0.6s or 8-10

frames). It is evident to me that more than one version of the Nix film

is in circulation, and that there is no assurance that anyone looking at

a copy will see the intact version. ('The Two Kennedys' is dated 1976,

or two years before the HSCA investigations where "original copies were

lost")

Orville Nix himself (interview, 'Rush to Judgment') notes that there

was an original of his film (which went to UPI) and a copy of that -

which went to the federal investigators. When his film was returned to

him (the gov't version) Nix pointedly noted that it was *not* the same

as what he had originally given them. In fact, he observed "a frame here

and there was missing". Assuming that no one knows his film better than

Nix himself, this leads one to suspect that at least three versions of

the Nix film are in circulation:

- The original (UPI) unedited version (also in 'The Two Kennedys')

- The tampered version returned to Nix (frames missing)

- A 2nd tampered version - after a copy 'disappeared' during the HSCA

In his book 'Killing the Truth', Harrison Livingstone notes (2, p77):

"Doug Mizzer reports evidence of forgery with this film, with a frame

having been removed following the headshot."

and I see also frames removed before the headshot.

A copy of "The Two Kennedy's" Italian 1976 would be a good thing to have.

John;

The "progression" of ever so slight changes and manipulations and deletions is evident throughout the history of the films as well as the stills.

As technology has increased it's ability to observe problems, "new" versions of the documents appear.

It is now to the extent that one must track the history of any version of anything, as so much has progressively been trimmed and/or deleted.

Unfortunately, the WC/aka Specter & Company, could never have envisioned the ability of the internet to share information among those who have the "specialization" necessary to ultimately shoot the WC solution full of holes.

I do believe that the "Phoenix" has arisen!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phoenix_(mythology)

Unfortunately, the WC/aka Specter & Company, could never have envisioned the ability of the internet to share information among those who have the "specialization" necessary to ultimately shoot the WC solution full of holes.

Those that had the "specialization necessary" shot the Warren Commission solution full of holes 40 years ago.