The Education Forum

David Harold Byrd

John Simkin

I thought it might be worth starting a thread on David Harold Byrd.

During this period Byrd became very interested in aviation. In 1938 Governor James Allred appointed him to the Texas Civil Aeronautics Commission. In September 1941 he formed the Civil Air Patrol. During the Second World War Byrd commanded an antisubmarine base for the Civil Air Patrol at Beaumont.

Tony Atzenhoffer was in the Civil Air Patrol in 1955 at the Moisant Airport. He knew David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald. He told me that DH Byrd was in charge of the Lousiana and Texas regions of the Civil Air Patrol. He came to Moissant Airport on special occasions such as orientation meetings for new recruits. Thus Byrd knew Ferrie and was part of that New Orleans Civil Air Patrol milieu.

Forum members might find the following post assassination news stories interesting, as they pertain to D.H. Byrd's safari.

From the Dallas Morning News January 9, 1964 Sec 3 Page 1

YOUNG HUNTRESS

Storybook Adventures Real

By Ann Donaldson

Society Editor of the News

Hollywood could not have picked the script: A German baron who attends safaris on a concession larger than the country of Belgium; his beautiful wife, a native African with the background of a famous old Portuguese family.

But Baron and Baroness W.V. Alvensleben of Lourenco Marques, Mozambique, are for real, and are in Dallas as guests of Col. D. Harold Byrd. Col. Byrd returned to Dallas three weeks ago from a hunt on the huge concession 1,000 kilometers north of the seaport

city of Lourenco Marques. THE CONCESSION, rented from the Portuguese government, can be reached by "bumpy roads that are agony to travel," or "charter plane---- there are two airstrips," says the olive-skinned baroness.

Clients are mostly American and have included Dr. Vander Davidson of Dallas and two Wichita Falls couples, Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Vincent and Mr. and Mrs. Steve Gose.

The baroness' father arrived in Mozambique in 1914 to practice law. He was married by proxy, and his wife came to Mozambique later. "My mother's parents had a fit says the former de Sousa Costa. Going to Africa was like going to the end of the world in those days."

Educated in Lourenco Marques and in Portugal, the baroness speaks perfect English she learned at a Portuguese convent and from tutors at her grandparents estate. She married Baron Alvensleben, former manager of a gold mine in Rhodesia, 18 years ago, often accompanies him on safaris.

THE FIRST ANIMAL she shot was the "sweet, harmless impala." and she has gotten to the stage where "I shoot, but feel sorry to kill. To satisfy a caprice of mine I'd, still like to shoot an elephant."

To hunt, the baroness wears khaki clothes, "so the animals won't see." Khaki hats, comfortable boots and sweaters for mornings and evenings during the cool months of June, July and August. Even though it's a sport, it's hard work, explains the tall, slender, brunette. "We rise at 4:00 A.M., because my husband likes it that way. It is a beauty to see the sun rise and the animals come out from under the trees. The fauna is the wealth of our nation"

Baron Alvensleben has also reached the stage where he prefers looking to shooting. The only animal they have mounted is the buffalo. You cant just put those heads anywhere. Anyway, when you are in contact with the animals you don't care about mounting them." The concession is closed during the hot rainy months, from Dec. 1 to April, and the Alvensleben's have been in the United States since the close of the season. Baroness Alvensleben, who speaks six languages (German, French, English, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese), has traveled all over the world but claims that "here in the United States is the largest quantity of beautiful girl's and women."

The baroness and baron accompanied Col and Mrs. Byrd to the ball Mr and Mrs N. J. DeSanders gave Saturday night for his debutante daughters Sue and Janet DeSanders.

"Above all, I am a woman," says the chic baroness. And I enjoyed seeing the elegant decorations, and the beautiful gowns.

From Dallas they will go to Wichita Falls. They were also in Las Vegas for the presentation of the Weatherby Trophy, to the best hunter of the year, presented December 7. "We are enchanted with our American friends and the kind hospitality they have shown us." says the baroness. "We have been to so many parties, that I have gained several pounds and lost much sleep."

When the baron and baroness return to Mozambique at the end of January, she will rest and "restore my energies."

From the January 19, 1964 Dallas Morning News

Baron Takes Look at Texas Hunters

By Kenneth Fores

Outdoor Editor of the News

He was tall enough to have been a basketball player, he had a scar on the left side of his face that ran from

his mouth to his ear and about which he volunteered nothing but he furnished a view of American hunters from the other side of the fence. From the white hunters side of the fence, that is, the men who take the American's hunting, who live with them for weeks, who often face death with then when they go up against mighty beasts.

He was Baron Werner Von Alvensleben, and although he used the broad A of the English, and last was lost and grass was gross, that von indicated Prussian descent and that long wicked scar could have come from a saber in a schoolboy fight. "Did that scar come from a African spear?" he was asked by this columnist. "No," he answered and began talking about American hunters, and the man was qualified for such, for Baron Von Alvensleben ("Just call me Werner," he said when Col. Harold D. Byrd introduced

him) arranged Byrd's recent African safari as director of Safarilandia had arranged many more and had watched many an American hunter. From a distant little or big corner, depending on how you look at it, of the world he came from Portuguese East Africa also curiously named Mozambique and from a beautiful and very modern city named Lourenco Marques Lo RAN soo Mer KASH in case your Portuguese aint grade A. Mozambique isn't a little corner of the world, being longer than Texas, 1,300 miles though only 400 miles wide, and in it there is an area, the Save Hunting Concession,leased to Mozambique Safari-

landia, Lda., of 34,000 square miles, or as big as Switzerland, said red-faced sandy-haired Baron Just-Call-Me-Werner. To spot Mozambique, it is that eastern coast of Africa just opposite Mozambique, which is

longer than Texas, too. In that Save Hunting Concession, where less than 10 per cent of the game is shot annually, being considerably under the natural increase and must be given the natives, Col Byrd and Dr. V.A. Davidson of Dallas shot 26 different species in a couple of weeks. Dr. Davidson got a 62-inch kudo, near the world record, and Byrd a 60-incher which is quite high,plus a 43-inch buffalo and a 41-inch sable which is in the record class.

Most of Mozambique Hunters Texan

But down to the interesting comments on how the tall Mozambique baron, who married a Portuguese lady of the first family, sees the men from this country who come wagging cannons. Firstly the Baron seemed quite qualified to speak of the Texas variety of American's, for he said "80 per cent of our hunters are Texans. Fifteen percent come from California and five per cent from the rest of the world." Then the baron added a slant. "One of my hunters George Gedek, speaks with a Texan drawl. He doesent knoaw anything else. He's only hunted with Texans you see." The he got onto the Texans. "Americans who come to our place are all sportsmen. All save one mon. There must be one bad egg everywhere, it seems but the great majority of Americans are good sportsmen. Then they are different from the hunters of other nations. They are much tougher. Most are used to rugged conditions. They have hunted Colorado, Wyoming, Montana, British Columbia, Alaska, where you have got to be able to take it. Such people find Africa comparatively easy." Then the man from Mozambique, where a three week safari costs $3,500 and a for week safari costs $ 4,100 in addition to transportation there, got onto guns. "American's believe in high powered rifles. Your American rifle, the Weatherby and the Winchester, are fine rifles. Europeans cawnt do as well, they dont have the rifles, or they dont have time, or the opportunity to practice. So Americans are much better shots. Your Herb Klein is a grond example."

And what do these American hunters want to shoot? "Texan's want a lion and leopard first," replied the Baron then a kudu, lostly the elephant. There is a tremendous argument as to the most dangerous onimal in Africa, No not the buff," he said to Byrd. "You can see him, the wounded lion or leopard is on you like lightning. The wounded leopard is the more dangerous of the two. Invariably it will attack. But I count the elephont as the most dangerous. An elephant is able to reason. My greatest friend and co-hunter Horst Rohe was killed by an elephant in 1952. Quite a few of my friends have been killed by them. Mechanized man is the only enemy the elephont has.

"Wally Johnson, Harold's white hunter, who has killed over 1,000 elephants, shot one six times last year, and it escaped into the bush. He was back there six months ago. That elephant attacked him. The wound scars proved it." It was but natural to ask a man who has lived in Mozambique for 17 years, or since the end of World War II, what his closest call has been.

"My narrowest escape," he replied was at Elm and St. Paul yesterday in front of the Athletic Club. This town is much more dangerous than the bush. Onimals dont do you any harm unless you or someone has wounded them. You cawnt say thot for Dallas drivers. Then he got back to American hunters

"American women are great sports and good shots. Mrs. Marty Gose of Wichita Falls killed everything with one shot. Mrs Jack O' Connor, wife of the Outdoor Life gun editor mostly, did the same. I have seen American women outshoot their husbands. "But there is one thing we do note. The only things Americans are afraid of are bugs. But by God they disinfect themselves with the amount of whiskey they drink. No mosquito would have a chance with them. They swerve off from them."

So, George deMohrenschildt wasn't the only Baron who shows up in the JFK saga. Whether there is any other interesting material from this 'peripheral to the assassination' aspect remains to be seen. A word of warning.....beware of assuming anything about the Baron, especially his political affiliations. In World War 2, the Baron apparently was imprisoned by the Nazi's, from what I understand....

But....... I do not have the book....But it is readily available.

See

http://www.booktrail.com/Hunting_Africa/baronin.asp

Amazon.com has it also.

It is said in one of Capstick's safari related books, that Albensleben recieved the lengthy scar "fencing in Heidelberg,"

I wonder if the Alvensleben's were familiar with the Baron von Tscheppe-Weidenbach family, in the old country?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert,

Many thanks for digging up these gems from the DMN morgue.

I'm sure there's many more interesting bodies burried in there.

I did a simple search on the Dallas Athletic Club at Elm and St. Paul and instantly came up with the Dallas Notre Dame Alumni Association meeting there because of Gordon McLendon, one degree of separation.

They say Jack Ruby and Gordon McLendon bet on Dallas Cowboy games together, although I expect to hear from Gary Mack about that.

In any case, the most important thing happening today is the football game between the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles for the NFC East Championship.

All I have to say to all my Dallas friends is : Go Eagles! Beat the Boys.

BK

So, George deMohrenschildt wasn't the only Baron who shows up in the JFK saga. Whether there is any other interesting material from this 'peripheral to the assassination' aspect remains to be seen. A word of warning.....beware of assuming anything about the Baron, especially his political affiliations. In World War 2, the Baron apparently was imprisoned by the Nazi's, from what I understand....

Robert,

the Baron's story starts with his family.

His uncle Gustav resigned from the Army and went to Canada in 1904 where he ploughed $10,000,000 in German investment money into real estate. Under suspicion of being a spy, he hightailed it in 1914 to the US dressed as a female. Despite the fact that his Canadian assets were seized by the Custodian of Enemy Property, and the fact that a probable U-Boat base was discovered at one of his coastal holdings in the '30s, he was able to become a US citizen in 1939.

His father; also named Werner, was an Iron Cross winner in WWI. After leaving the army, he joined Gustav in Canada for a short while, before returning to Germany where he became a "background" worker for a movement called "Young Conservatives" (YAF, anyone?) whose mission was to unite all conservative parties under one umbrulla; the same stated aim as that of CUSA, and using similar tactics. With the rise of Hitler, he became entangled in various plots (along with another brother named Bodo) to usurp control of the Nazi Party, and in various other plots against Hitler (Dulles, anyone?). This self-styled master of intrigue did jail time for his troubles. I had originally mistaken Werner, Sr for his son - your Baron - but I'd suspect Jr was jailed because he was working with dad in these plots.

I think it's highly likely that YAF and CUSA modeled themselves after the German Young Conservatives... even down to CUSA meeting in a pub (The German group had held their get-togethers at the Herrenklub).

I hope you realise the possible great significance of your find. Those German Young Conservatives, btw, also called themselves "Neo-Conservatives". Its later usage in the US may well be a tip of the hat to this group, as well.

Robert,

the Baron's story starts with his family.

His uncle Gustav resigned from the Army and went to Canada in 1904 where he ploughed $10,000,000 in German investment money into real estate. Under suspicion of being a spy, he hightailed it in 1914 to the US dressed as a female. Despite the fact that his Canadian assets were seized by the Custodian of Enemy Property, and the fact that a probable U-Boat base was discovered at one of his coastal holdings in the '30s, he was able to become a US citizen in 1939.

His father; also named Werner, was an Iron Cross winner in WWI. After leaving the army, he joined Gustav in Canada for a short while, before returning to Germany where he became a "background" worker for a movement called "Young Conservatives" (YAF, anyone?) whose mission was to unite all conservative parties under one umbrulla; the same stated aim as that of CUSA, and using similar tactics. With the rise of Hitler, he became entangled in various plots (along with another brother named Bodo) to usurp control of the Nazi Party, and in various other plots against Hitler (Dulles, anyone?). This self-styled master of intrigue did jail time for his troubles. I had originally mistaken Werner, Sr for his son - your Baron - but I'd suspect Jr was jailed because he was working with dad in these plots.

I think it's highly likely that YAF and CUSA modeled themselves after the German Young Conservatives... even down to CUSA meeting in a pub (The German group had held their get-togethers at the Herrenklub).

I hope you realise the possible great significance of your find. Those German Young Conservatives, btw, also called themselves "Neo-Conservatives". Its later usage in the US may well be a tip of the hat to this group, as well.

While I am not an idle speculator, I do believe that there are ramifications of fascist elements that are intertwined with various types of data which have appeared on the Forum, in many different topics, some which appear to be linked to the area this thread is currently drifting toward

To Elaborate....Jim Root, whom I have an immense amount of respect toward, as do other members of the Forum has expended a great deal of time & effort in analysing the life & times of General Edwin Walker, Walker as we all know, [hopefully] was stationed in Germany before his decision to ostensibly distribute John Birch Society literature to his troops, a decision which led to his troubles with the Kennedy administration, [troubles being an understatement]. So.....we discover that Bernard Weissmann, Larrie Schmidt and William Burley were all "associated with each other" serving in the US Army in......Germany.

See WCE 1052

http://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/archive/...bsPageId=140705

While some of the readers of this post may have not yet been a gleam in their father's eyes in 1963, posterity

has managed to salvage a "relic from the past" re Gen Edwin Walker, Mayor Earl Cabell & events in Dallas, Texas circa 1962/1963, what I am referencing is the footage showing General Walker being treated like a "cause célèbre" over the aformentioned "troubles," I believe, he is shown being given a cowboy hat from the Lord Mayor, said hat being not unlike the one given to Pres Kennedy "that day"

See The Murder of JFK - A Revisionist History

Additionally, an early Warren Commission document referenced four individuals...those 4 individuals were..... Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby and Mr. and Mrs "John R. and Minnie Smith." I was never able to figure out who the latter individuals were but suspected [rightly] that hey if they were important enough to be listed in tax records alongside the patsy and the killer of the patsy, they would be 'somewhat important.'

Recently, while I was going thru doc's copied at the Dallas Public Library months ago, I discovered that the "John R. Smith" and the "Schmidt" that was associated with Bernard Weissman are one and the same, or at least the FBI indicated so, according to the document.......

Perhaps?......The above data is what this individual was referencing......

Warren Commission Document 933 is a 15 page memo dated 05/15/64 from J Edgar Hoover to J Lee Rankin, [179-40002-10174] the subject is Paul Carroll. In this document, Hoover is submitting to Rankin, FBI Reports on Mr Paul Carroll. If you believe that fascism died at the end of World War 2, you views may be somewhat challenged after reading the next paragraph

Why, you ask? Read on......CD933a dated May 1, 1964, begins by stating:

"On November 22, 1963 Paul Vottler Carroll appeared at the El Paso office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation and advised SA Robert G. Abegglen that he had been active in Republican Party affairs for several years having been chairman of the Young Republican's at the University of Texas in Austin Texas, and having attended several Young Republican National Convention's. He said it was his opinion there was a conspiracy between the John Birch Society and the American Nazi Party in 1961 or early 1962 to take over control of the Republican Party and then to take over the Government of the United States, by force, if necessary. CARROLL stated this "enterprise" was made up of retired Army personnel, but he could not furnish any facts to substantiate this allegation."

Final Thought/Message to those on High: There is an old adage which may come back to haunt people who potentially will soon be "found out" as to their involvement in the assassination of Pres. John F. Kennedy......."We [collectively] may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us....."

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert, Many thanks for digging up these gems from the DMN morgue.

I'm sure there's many more interesting bodies burried in there. I did a simple search on the Dallas Athletic Club at Elm and St. Paul and instantly came up with the Dallas Notre Dame Alumni Association meeting there because of Gordon McLendon, one degree of separation.

They say Jack Ruby and Gordon McLendon bet on Dallas Cowboy games together, although I expect to hear from Gary Mack about that.

In any case, the most important thing happening today is the football game between the Dallas Cowboys and Philadelphia Eagles for the NFC East Championship. All I have to say to all my Dallas friends is : Go Eagles! Beat the Boys. BK

In response to the above post I received the following from Dallas:

Robert Howard wrote:

Hopefully, everyone had a wonderful X'Mas, mine was.....to paraphrase the Limony Snicket movie with Jim Carrey....A series of Unfortunate Events....[of which the Dallas Cowboy's loss to the Eagles on X'Mas Day did not even factor in the equation, [that means it was really really bad]....

Now that I am through whining, I have made some real progress in getting to the bottom of some of this 'unresolved JFK assassination issues.'

First, I have discovered a tie-in of sorts between LBJ & D.H. Byrd in the context of a Corporation known as Capital Cable see attachment

Second, below is a link to a summary on the book about the assassination of Patrice Lumumba, [pretty important, in it's relation however distant to 11-22-63, are either of you familiar with this book? It looks like it is a very credible work, and could be a help in getting one aspect of what was going on in the CIA's world at that time]

http://www.bordersstores.com/search/title_detail.jsp?id=

53044932&srchTerms=Assassination&mediaType

=1&srchType=Keyword

Gary Mack:

Bill, McLendon and Ruby TOGETHER? Documentation please. Did both men bet on the Cowboys separately? Maybe, but as any homegrown Dallasite will tell you, in those days, everyone shunned the Cowboys. They were virtually ignored their first few years. As for McLendon-Ruby connections, what is known is that Ruby looked up to McLendon and respected him. But there was no connection whatsoever. McLendon's radio buddies talked about it over the years. McLendon had nothing to do with Ruby ever, and he regretted very much what Ruby did and it's effect on the city. Gary Mack

Well Robert, I'm glad the Eagles 27 - 7 victory over Tony Romo & TO didn't spoil Christmas.

And Gary, I surprise myself at how I not only can get your reaction by dropping a name but that I can predict it. I didn't even complete the sentence about McLendon and Ruby betting on Cowboy games when I just knew I would get a response, and on Christmas too. I wish that would work at the casino.

For Ruby and McLeondon TOGETHER on the same page, please see the Warren Commission Hearings, where Ruby says that Gordon McLendon is one of his "six best friends;" Ruby's friend Lewis McWillie said Ruby and McLendon were friends; On the night of the assassination Ruby took photos of the "Impeach Earl Warren" billboard, photos he said he took for Gordon McLendon; and Ruby's little black book has Gordon McLendon's home phone number; and please note the fact that Ruby called McLendon's home on day of the assassination and talked at length to his daughter; and that Ruby said McLendon gave his club "a lot of free plugs" on the radio; and the WC document with the KLIF (as in Oak Klif) logo acknowledges that they mentioned Jack Ruby's name on the air (probably for setting up an interview between DA Wade and KLIF DJ Russ Knight "the weird Beard") the day BEFORE he shot LHO; and that for the previous day Ruby was posing as a KLIF reporter while stalking Oswald; and Ruby visted the KLIF studio, delivering sandwiches which he first tried to use as an excuse to give to the cops to get closer to Oswald, and then there's the KLIF program literature found in Ruby's car.

As for gambling on the Cowboys, I'm sure Gary's characterization is accurate of the Cowboys team not being very popular in the early days - ala North Dallas Forty, but at the time they were owned by McLendon's good friend Clint Murchison, and McLendon may have even had a financial interest in the team.

And while I don't have PDS's book beside me to quote directly, Jodey Bateman's review of the Deep Politics says: "Murchinson was the co-owner of the Dallas Cowboys with Gordon McLendon, the owner of radio and TV station KRLD in Dallas. Jack Ruby said that McLendon was one of his six best friends in Dallas. Ruby arranged for illegal gambling games for McLendon and his associates."

As anyone who has studied the syndicate knows, all organized crime in the USA was originally organized, not for booze, but to lay off bets and coordinate the numbers and gambling on sports that required the cooperation of the national wire services, owned and controlled by the syndicate, of which Jack Ruby was a part.

Well there you have it, Jack Ruby and Gordon McLendon together.

And that's to say nothing of the Association of Former Intelligence Ops.

And the bottom line is:

Gary says: "McLendon had nothing to do with Ruby, ever."

BK says: Eagles 27 - Dallas 7.

BK

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Edited by William Kelly

• 2 years later...

Perhaps Peter you could post an index of links you would like us all to read to replace this determined campaign of yours to copy and paste all your self sustaining favourites all over the forum?

Drivel as usual Peter. All I am requesting is that when you post it is something substantive - not just a copy and paste from of elses words from eleswhere. If you want to advertise links and thereby hurl reading lists at us that's fine - not much point to it but fine. Just spare us from copied material taking up web space. The rest of your latest post is bizarre.

You are free to post within the rules here ( as are incidentally all your odd self flagellating chums at the DPF). You are not being singled out, you are not a target, put simply what you say is not that important to warrant any such special attention.

We have something here with which you may not be familar - free speech.

Your presence here is quite welcome.

Andy, your desire to pass a thumbs-up or thumbs-down on what should be posted [i.e. coinciding with your prejudices, and a coincidence model of history and politics] is noted. Sorry you don't like my postings or what I feel is important. How 'liberal' of you, however, to tolerate it - even if it comes with pro forma snide remarks about myself and my associates on the Deep Politics Forum. Does the competition and better information on several subjects there irk you? You had a pretty heavy role in driving them away, so in many ways you were a 'father' to that Forum.

It is precisely because I feel we in the 'West' are loosing, rapidly, our democracy and freedoms by the actions [some overt, but most covert - to push their overt agenda] of deep political actors that I post what I post; feel what I feel; research what I research; and fight for what I fight. And I post in the interest of pushing forward debate and information, thought and reflexion on these matters - some call it education. I've heard this is an 'education forum', but perhaps I was misinformed.

No no and no!

'Better information' on the DPF! Now that's really very very funny.

'Coincidence' theory of history? - not sure where you got that idea from - maybe it suits your purposes but it is wholly innaccurate.

'desire to pass a thumbs up thumbs down on what should be posted' - no I merely asked you to stop pasting wholesale articles from other blogs and forums. You are in fact much freer here to post what you like. Even with your tenuous grasp of reality I thought you might be able to acknowledge that. Try disagreeing with the 'toilet-mouthed' Drago over there and you'll soon experience this reality.

'Education'?? You take as biblical truths the propaganda of pseudo historians and proven charlatans and cry 'disinfo, conspiracy and ad hom attack' when FAR better qualified people dare to criticise the source and methodology of your fantasies. Your 'commitment' to your 'cause' is an affectation no more no less. Your commitment to education is non existent.

During this period Byrd became very interested in aviation. In 1938 Governor James Allred appointed him to the Texas Civil Aeronautics Commission. In September 1941 he formed the Civil Air Patrol. During the Second World War Byrd commanded an antisubmarine base for the Civil Air Patrol at Beaumont.

Tony Atzenhoffer was in the Civil Air Patrol in 1955 at the Moisant Airport. He knew David Ferrie and Lee Harvey Oswald. He told me that DH Byrd was in charge of the Lousiana and Texas regions of the Civil Air Patrol. He came to Moissant Airport on special occasions such as orientation meetings for new recruits. Thus Byrd knew Ferrie and was part of that New Orleans Civil Air Patrol milieu.

I just noticed that Will Weston posted on this thread some time ago.

He is the most knowledgeable person on Oswald impersonators and it would be nice to get him back to discuss those incidents, as well as DH Byrd at the Moisant Aiport.

BK

He is the most knowledgeable person on Oswald impersonators and it would be nice to get him back to discuss those incidents, as well as DH Byrd at the Moisant Aiport.

BK

Bill, If you haven't yet, see http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...c=14765&hl= for more info on Byrd and airports, CAP, et al.

Hello Peter,

While the information about Byrd in Florida is new to me, I was aware of Byrd's safari and safari partners, which were discussed in detail in another thread. I think the guys he was on the safari with were Nazis or otherwise connected to something worthwhile pursing, if you are hunting the truth.

That's a great photo of LBJ and Byrd in the stands at a sporting event. Was that a Dallas Cowgirl's football game?

Byrd's private national intelligence network - the Civil Air Patrol, and its New Orleans connections certainly tie these people together with Ferrie, Bannister, Shaw, et al., but I don't think those Yahoos were behind what happened at Dealey Plaza, while Byrd's personal relationships with Art Collins, General LeMay and the Joint Chiefs is hotter and closer to the strategic center of the 11/22/63 coup.

It wasn't the Yahoos - Ferrie, Banister and Shaw who put together Oswald and Dealey Plaza,

though Byrd was associated with them and their networks via CAP, it was Byrd's connections with Art Collins, LeMay and the JCS at JMWAVE that cuts to the heart of not only the assassination at Dealey Plaza, but the coup that took over the government.

When Admiral Byrd was exploring the artic, his radio communications were only picked up by the home made short wave radio of a young kid Art Colllins built his own radio in his garage, which began his association with the Navy and military, so when WWII came along, his small Cedar Rapids, Iowa radio company got military contracts that continued after the war.

Collins Radio had exclusive contracts to provide radios for all Strategic Air Command bombers, Air Force I and all executive aircraft, as well as NASA communications in outer space and the Moon.

With Byrd owning the building, Collins running the AF1 communicaitons and LeMay controlling the Joint Chiefs of Staff, they pretty much had things covered in the first few hours of the coup.

I just can't figure out what Oswald had to do with it? (Ha ha).

BK

BK

Bill, If you haven't yet, see http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...c=14765&hl= for more info on Byrd and airports, CAP, et al.

Hello Peter,

While the information about Byrd in Florida is new to me, I was aware of Byrd's safari and safari partners, which were discussed in detail in another thread. I think the guys he was on the safari with were Nazis or otherwise connected to something worthwhile pursing, if you are hunting the truth.

That's a great photo of LBJ and Byrd in the stands at a sporting event. Was that a Dallas Cowgirl's football game?

Byrd's private national intelligence network - the Civil Air Patrol, and its New Orleans connections certainly tie these people together with Ferrie, Bannister, Shaw, et al., but I don't think those Yahoos were behind what happened at Dealey Plaza, while Byrd's personal relationships with Art Collins, General LeMay and the Joint Chiefs is hotter and closer to the strategic center of the 11/22/63 coup.

It wasn't the Yahoos - Ferrie, Banister and Shaw who put together Oswald and Dealey Plaza,

though Byrd was associated with them and their networks via CAP, it was Byrd's connections with Art Collins, LeMay and the JCS at JMWAVE that cuts to the heart of not only the assassination at Dealey Plaza, but the coup that took over the government.

When Admiral Byrd was exploring the artic, his radio communications were only picked up by the home made short wave radio of a young kid Art Colllins built his own radio in his garage, which began his association with the Navy and military, so when WWII came along, his small Cedar Rapids, Iowa radio company got military contracts that continued after the war.

Collins Radio had exclusive contracts to provide radios for all Strategic Air Command bombers, Air Force I and all executive aircraft, as well as NASA communications in outer space and the Moon.

With Byrd owning the building, Collins running the AF1 communicaitons and LeMay controlling the Joint Chiefs of Staff, they pretty much had things covered in the first few hours of the coup.

BK

Bill \if I recall Now.....it was taken at a sporting event perhaps a race track.......lf JACK COMES ALONG HE ,MAY RECALL....B

BK

Hello Peter,

BK

Bill \if I recall Now.....it was taken at a sporting event perhaps a race track.......lf JACK COMES ALONG HE ,MAY RECALL....B

FOUND THE INFO \BILL......

This photo was taken at a UT football game in 1973, a few months before LBJ died.

D. Harold Byrd is seen on the left (in cowboy hat) and LBJ is on the right. Byrd was a

longtime friend and financial/political supporter of Johnson. He was also the OWNER

of the Texas School Book Depository Building, from which Oswald was alleged to have fired

the fatal shots. b

BK

Hello Peter,

BK

FOUND THE INFO \BILL......

This photo was taken at a UT football game in 1973, a few months before LBJ died.

D. Harold Byrd is seen on the left (in cowboy hat) and LBJ is on the right. Byrd was a

longtime friend and financial/political supporter of Johnson. He was also the OWNER

of the Texas School Book Depository Building, from which Oswald was alleged to have fired

the fatal shots. b