The Education Forum

Why no discussion of Rockefellers' culpability?

Well, turns out I lacked imagination when I put Cary Reich's's book "The Life of Nelson A. Rockefeller" on the back burner 'cause it stopped at 1958, pre-President Kennedy. In fact it has the exact background of both Rockefellers' CIA ties that fills in many gaps, at least for me.

Pg 559:

"As good as [Nelson] Rockefeller's relations were with the CIA, his brother David's were better. During the war David had served in Army intelligence in North Africa, and afterward he discreetly maintained his contacts with the intelligence community. "David kept in very close touch," recalls Tom Braden. "He was a friend and confidant of Allen Dulles, and in some instances furnished a front"--agreeing to finance a do-good foundation that was a CIA cover. "I remember briefing him, in great detail, about the work of the division that I headed in the CIA. Allen asked me to brief him, and I gave him a full briefing, so that he knew everything that I was doing. And I think he did it with the other division chiefs, too. He was close to intelligence work--much, much, much closer than Nelson was."

A "do good" foundation, eh? I suppose that's the obvious one... (?)

Pg 560:

"[Nelson] Rockeffer was proud of his CIA connection, and had no compunction about playing it up within the inner councils of the administration. When the White House that spring circulated a guide to the agencies for which various for which various presidential aides were responsible, Rockefeller was aggrieved when the CIA was not listed under his name. At his insistence, "CIA (operations)" was added to the list. Source: Andrew Goodpaster to NAR, April 29, 1955. NAR Special Assistant Book 16, RAC."

Much much more in the book. Including Nelson's lust for war...

So between this and "Battling Wall Street," it's starting to appear (to a newbie) like the CIA worked closely with, or for, both Rockefeller boys.

[quote name='Myra Bronstein' date='Jan 8 2007, 11:41 PM' post='88151']

Thank you, Charles. That was very gentlemanly of you to acknowledge points of alignment despite areas of considerable disagreement. And while I'm glad we have this point of agreement, Ms. Pease deserves all the acknowledgment, just to keep things in order.

Ashton

I would like to read more by Ms. Pease. All I've read is... what's in this thread. B)

Myra,

Just Google her and you will get her Real History page, as well as her blog, which you can also receive,as an email. Lisa, together with Jim DiEugenio, did their fine magazine Probe- ( from which Ashton took the article he quoted)- for several years. Their book "The Assassinations" is excellent.

Dawn

[quote name='Myra Bronstein' date='Jan 8 2007, 11:41 PM' post='88151']
Thank you, Charles. That was very gentlemanly of you to acknowledge points of alignment despite areas of considerable disagreement. And while I'm glad we have this point of agreement, Ms. Pease deserves all the acknowledgment, just to keep things in order.

Ashton

I would like to read more by Ms. Pease. All I've read is... what's in this thread. :)

Myra,

Just Google her and you will get her Real History page, as well as her blog, which you can also receive,as an email. Lisa, together with Jim DiEugenio, did their fine magazine Probe- ( from which Ashton took the article he quoted)- for several years. Their book "The Assassinations" is excellent.

Dawn

Thank you Dawn. I'm just now getting into the Probe stuff, the website, the book, etc.

Some of the best articles I've seen.

Myra

• 14 years later...