The Education Forum

Help Cynthia McKinney Impeach Bush

Hello all,

I know that a lot of you would be interest here, but you may only frequent this forum and not others, so please take a look at this thread about Cynthia McKinney's introduction of articles of impeachment against Bush.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8790

It includes a link to a blog that I have started on the impeachment.

John

Hello all,

I know that a lot of you would be interest here, but you may only frequent this forum and not others, so please take a look at this thread about Cynthia McKinney's introduction of articles of impeachment against Bush.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8790

It includes a link to a blog that I have started on the impeachment.

John

Reproduced from another blog:

McKinney is stone-cold crazy

(Soon to be former) Rep. McKinney has made one last ditched effort on her way out the door - the proposal of the completely un-passable impeachment of Bush. I can just see how it went now. The doors are about to close on the 109th-lame-duck-congress, and Cynthia McKinney comes running around the corner, proposal in hand, knocking congressmen out of her way to get to the floor, makes the proposal, gets booed out of the room and punches the security officer on the way out the door. Almost makes me wish I was there…

There are two ways to view this proposal. One as a completely hollow political move and the other as a jaded attempt to demonstrate the injustice of Bush’s presidency. Either way, I’m annoyed, and I think stuff like this should be permanently banned by law. First of all, McKinney is crazy - so she should barely be allowed to sit in when congress is in session without a rattle and a baggy full of cheerios to keep her occupied. Second of all, if I’ve seen one thing this year, it’s stupid pointless bill proposals that aren’t worth the 975 pieces of paper their respectively printed on.

For example, the draft proposal. Everyone knows it won’t happen - but we look upon it as one mans political cry from the top of the hill to say “stop this war!” While that’s just dandy, I’d be willing to wager that that’s not what the founding fathers had in mind. That’s why we have newspapers and book deals. If you really want to stand up for something, then stand up for it, don’t hide behind it. There’s no merit in saying “this is what I believe in and I will do everything I can to make sure nothing happens about it.” This isn’t psycho-therapy and writing stuff down for the sake of writing stuff down isn’t curing anything. Stop wasting my time.

If the move is more political than symbolic, McKinney should cut her losses and run - and this time without hitting anyone. She’s been a nut inside the inside for as long as she’s been there, and to be honest, I can’t believe she’s made it this long without getting inadvertently shot by someone who thought she was a rabid mule. According to CNN, she “has has increasingly embraced her image as a controversial figure.” That’s great news…she’ll feel right at home in a straight jacket. I certainly can’t imagine what kind of job plans you’re forming when everyone thinks you’re a maniac…maybe she’ll get a talk show. Who knows. As long as I don’t have to keep reading about her, I’ll be fine…"

Find someone else to back John, don't waste your time. This one's out of her freakin mind. Perhaps you should have a go at Tony Blair, since you're a British citizen. Or the case of the poisoned spy.

BTW, you know of course McKinney assaulted a Capitol police officer for trying to stop her from barging into the Capitol building in DC without showing her ID(or carrying it for that matter), and she cried rascism. You also know of course that she was defeated in her reelection bid. In her own party's primary. Even when she's right, she's wrong.

RJS

Richard,

I am well aware at the accusations levelled at Cynthia McKinney of late, in fact I was in the eye of the storm. I worked for Cynthia McKinney this summer as an intern.

The actual facts surrounding the capitol hill cop incident are known only to a grand jury, who exhonorated her. The media report that she did hit the police officer, yet the grand jury was the only body presented with the actual evidence in the case, the media heard the rumour and turned it into fact.

I was also in Georgia during the primary campaign. Let me assure you that the results of that were far from honestly gained. In 2002 thousands of Republican voters crossed over and voted in the democrat primary to unseat McKinney. She won her seat back in 2004 as the Republican minority were voting in the Republican presidential primary and so could not afford to vote against mcKinney once again. The same underhanded tactics were emplyoed in 2006 to unseat her. See my post in response to John Gillespies allegations in the MLK forum.

Like they say, don't believe what you read in the papers.

I have done my own research into Cynthia McKinney and let me say that the media portrayal of her is a travesty.

I'm not British by the way, I'm Irish, but I won't hold that against you!

All the best Richard,

I'm sorry that I haven't gone more in depth with this, as I very well could, but I've been typing for a few hours straight now!

John Geraghty

THE BELOVED CYNTHIA McKINNEY

A White Ex Cop Speaks Out About a Georgia Congresswoman

by Michael C. Ruppert

April 11, 2006

Cynthia McKinney is a friend of mine. Until the day I die she will be a friend of mine. More than that, she will be a role model and an inspiration that I don’t ever expect to be equaled, let alone surpassed. Full disclosure.

Out of several dozen Op-Eds, news reports and commentaries on the now-infamous so-called “cop-slapping” event of March 29th, I haven’t seen a single one that, from my perspective, got it right. So right up front, let me say that if I am forced to look at this one snapshot incident, divorced from context and history, then yes, my very good friend messed up. It shouldn’t have become as big a deal as it has and she bears some responsibility for that. But if I look at the event as part of a continuum of the life of congress, or the life of this nation, and (no less importantly) of the life of this woman, things look and feel a whole lot different.

The virulent, spit-dripping, white, racist commentators from Boortz to DeLay and the oh-so-PC and dainty black Democratic pundits, columnists and pols who pick Cynthia McKinney apart—pretending to defend her while putting her black butt on the E-Bay auction block for November—are actually allies. They both want her to go away. They both want the issues that have come too close to public recognition in this case to go away. Leaders from left and right, black or white, cannot bear the thought of actually looking deeper at what happened with Cynthia McKinney and what it means......

Full story: http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/..._mckinney.shtml

The idea that the Republican controlled Congress held dozens of hearings, issued thousands of supboenas for documents and testimony, and spent millions of dollars "investigating" whether the President committed perjury when he swore he didn't have sex with an intern, and instigated impeachment proceedings against him, certainly lowers the bar for reasons to impeach.

That this President could fudge the facts to go to war, subvert the Constitution on a dozen levels, commit election fraud, compromise the Supreme Court, supress the public's right to know about every level of government, (fill in your pet peve : ) certainly qualify as grounds for impeachment.

Cynthia McKinney however, has lost her voice and her vote in the next Congress, and the new Democratic leadership is preaching non-partisan actions and a return to true Congressional oversight of government institutions and an attack on the iusses.

While the previous Republican agenda focused on its own agenda, the new Congressional agenda should concern itself with many of the issues we are concerned with - Oversight of agency lack of response to the JFK Act, review of the FOIA to give it more punch and include Congressional records, and more open govenment at every level.

Getting Congressional hearings on those things we can and must do.

Cynthia McKinney's "Parting Shot," calling for impeachment, is what should be done. But like her questioning of Presidential knowledge and responsiblity immediately after 9/11, it will fall on deaf ears. The term "Parting Shot" comes from the ancient Parthings, a desert race of calvary bowmen who could shoot an arrow behind them while riding in the opposite direction. Their strategic withdraw into the desert, chased by a Roman army under Crasus, led to the complete annilation of three Roman legions.

When we were lobbying Congress to free the HSCA MLK records, Cynthia McKinney was the only member of Congress to actually sit down and listen to us, and later became principle author and sponsor of the MLK Act. She also sponsored a number of high-profile, CSPAN covered 9/11 Congressional briefings, hired John Judge to organize them, and gave us access to Capitol Hill activities that had previously been closed to us. For the first time we were working inside the halls of Congress rather than knocking on closed doors.

Rather than crazy, Cynthia McKinney is a genius, at least according to the old adiage, "When a genius appears in the world you will know him by this sign: the Dunces will form a Confederacy against them."

If the Dunces chase Cynthia McKinney into the desert, and fail to recognize the truth of what she has to say, then impeachment of the President will soon look like the most reasonable and attractive alternative to the destruction the President is bringing to our world.

John Geraghty, on reading of Cynthia McKinney's sponsorship of the JFK Act, volunteered to join her and became an intern in her office long enough to learn a lot about how the American system of government works. His opinions were not earned by reading about "Crazy" Cynthia, but from working in the beaucratic trenches with her.

Her voice and her vote will be missed, but whatever she does, I have a feeling that we have not heard the last from Cynthia McKinney.

I think, like a pro athlete off the field, she should get her own radio/TV show and be a play by play and color commentator on the issues, not only giving the fair and ballanced sides, but the real truth that the mainstream media fail to grasp.

Bill Kelly

bkjfk3@yahoo.com

Edited by William Kelly

Very well said Bill, I concur wholeheartedly.

This week I'm bogged down with assignments for College, typing thousands of words a day, next week I will get to work on a project that I have been putting off since the summer, a full and frank appraisal and defecne (where needs be) of Cynthia McKinney. It will include media treatment of her, the capitol hill police officer incident, the 2002,2006 elections, her work on MLK records Act, support of the JFK community, why the much ridiculed Tupac Shakur records act matters, allegations of racism against her, the racism directed towards her, those in the media that directly target her, the importance of her impeachment legislation, her stance on 9/11 and stance against Bush and do nothing democrats and also her importance as a leader in the black community.

It may take a while, but I want to write something definitive than I can constantly reference instead of having to give indivdual rebuttals anytime somebody ridicules or levels an accusation against her.

I look forward to writing it and I hope that some of you will take the time to read it and see what a really balanced view of Cynthia McKiney really looks like.

All the best,

John

Edited by John Geraghty

I look forward to writing it and I hope that some of you will take the time to read it and see what a really balanced view of Cynthia McKinney really looks like.

I'll read it John, and send it to my friends. I admire Cynthia McKinney, and have since I first became aware of her politics.

In a polarized society like the United States, she will always have her detractors. The research credentials you have acquired at such a relatively early age are really quite impressive, John. The fact that you were there, seeing things from the inside, so to speak, confirms to me what I have always thought to be true.

Cynthia McKinney is courageous, strong, smart and determined. Her causes are just. The fact that tremendous forces were marshalled to defeat her does not diminish her in the least.

Why not write a book on her, John? Who else better to do it than you? I think you are destined to become a published author sooner or later, anyway.

Maybe she can get her cronies in the New Black Panther Party and the Nation of Islam to start the Jewish conspiracy smack talk again if she doesn't get the impeachment.

Like Sharpton and Byrd, she's a racist who would be vivlified (and rightly so) if she were a Republican, instead she's exhalted because she's a Democrat.

Maybe she can get her cronies in the New Black Panther Party and the Nation of Islam to start the Jewish conspiracy smack talk again if she doesn't get the impeachment.

Like Sharpton and Byrd, she's a racist who would be vivlified (and rightly so) if she were a Republican, instead she's exhalted because she's a Democrat.

Sounds so Ann Coulter-esque. Except Ann Coulter can spell.

Cheers Mike, lets find a publisher!

Scott, I especially hope that you read what I have to write as I hope you may see things differently.

I think you will find that not many people have any qualms about alleging that she is a racist. I will, however, seek to set the record straight. The last time I checked I was still white and she seems to quite like me, and the one man Government watchdog that is John Judge.

All the best,

John

The blog appears to be doing well. If you enter a search with 'Cynthia impeach' or 'Help cynthia impeach' my blog is in top spot. Now I need to get it further up on searches such as 'cynthia mckinney impeachment'. I am on the fifth page, ranked 41.

Any ideas how to get it further up? I am spreading the link on forums and comment pages as much as I can.

http://www.impeachbush.org has sent an email to all of its members urging people to support Cynthia McKinney.

John

Edited by John Geraghty

I would venture that Scott Deitche is calling someone he has never met a racist.

I would also venture that Scott Deitche knows nothing about the Black Panter Party or the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panther Party or Sharpton and Byrd, other than what he reads about them in the newspaper or, more likely from Fox News on TV.

I would bet that Scott Deitche never watched Cynthia McKinney's 9/11 Congressional Briefings on CSPAN, or knows why she was really dangerous to the powers elite - her seat on the HASC. He never saw her attempt to question former Defense Secretary Rumsfield about the disparity in the budgets of the DOD and Dept. of Health, Ed and Welfare, or the government support of criminal activities of Dyncorp, the al Qaeda penetration of government computers, or any defense issue as the only truely inquisitive member of the House Armed Services Committee.

But of course no one would take my bets because they know Scott Deitche never met Cynthia McKinney, has no clue as to what she is interested in or what her true agenda is, and doesn't read truly insightful sources or watch important CSPAN presentations.

Deitche and the Dunces who view and characterize Cynthia McKinney, based on what they read in the Atlanta Constitution, AP and Fox News, are totally unaware of why she is really dangerous to Bush and his Pose.

Bush and his Pose know though, and while it took a long time for the rest of the world to come around and see her biggest HASC nemesis Rummy as she has always seen him, I think she will return to the fray, while Rummy will be hopefully confined to the sidelines.

BK

Sounds so Ann Coulter-esque. Except Ann Coulter can spell.

Coulter! I should sue you for libel! :)

She's abhorent. If you are only familiar with her political rhetoric, her new book Godless contains a chapter attempting to debunk evolution. It's chock full of Science 101 mistakes. Good for a laugh.

I would also venture that Scott Deitche knows nothing about the Black Panter Party or the Nation of Islam or the New Black Panther Party or Sharpton and Byrd, other than what he reads about them in the newspaper or, more likely from Fox News on TV.

The New Black Panthers and Nation of Islam are hate groups plain and simple. They are no different than the National Alliance or the KKK.

I've had the displeasure of being familiar with Rev Al since his heyday in New York railing against Jews and slandering innocent politicians over the fake kidnapping of Tawana Brawley. He's done a good job of reinventing himself, that's for sure. In fact, he now pals around with Anne Coulter and Sean Hannity. I guess that's where the far right and far left converge on the other side.