The Education Forum

The Perfect Murder

I have added another crime puzzle "The Mystery of the Missing Leg".

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8881

John, I would have to agree with Greg on his point. I dont think that a "battery operated" small type tape recorder could possibly simulate the 'actual" sound of an "actual" shot being fired in the other room, even at full volume. I have to assume that it was this type of recorder, for him to be able to retrieve it in the way described without someone noticing. Just my opinion. I dont mean to put a damper on your "mysterys", and having fun with this! lol! FWIW

thanks-smitty

I have added another crime puzzle "The Mystery of the Missing Leg".

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=8881

John, I would have to agree with Greg on his point. I dont think that a "battery operated" small type tape recorder could possibly simulate the 'actual" sound of an "actual" shot being fired in the other room, even at full volume. I have to assume that it was this type of recorder, for him to be able to retrieve it in the way described without someone noticing. Just my opinion. I dont mean to put a damper on your "mysterys", and having fun with this! lol! FWIW

thanks-smitty

Smitty, bottom line: John's scenario could work (with some luck). Didn't mean to be a party-pooper and will make a point of now going and finding my Christmas cheer! :)

John, I would have to agree with Greg on his point. I dont think that a "battery operated" small type tape recorder could possibly simulate the 'actual" sound of an "actual" shot being fired in the other room, even at full volume. I have to assume that it was this type of recorder, for him to be able to retrieve it in the way described without someone noticing.

I do not own a gun and therefore cannot test this idea out. However, I would have thought modern technology could reproduce fairly accurately the sound of a gun being fired. I suppose you would need the tape recorder to play at maximum sound volume. The closed door would provide an excuse for why it did not sound exactly right.

Just my opinion. I don't mean to put a damper on your "mysterys", and having fun with this! lol! FWIW
Smitty, bottom line: John's scenario could work (with some luck). Didn't mean to be a party-pooper and will make a point of now going and finding my Christmas cheer! :peace

Don't feel bad for questioning the story. That is what the game is all about.