The Education Forum

Merry Christmas To All!

Hi all, I just wanted to wish you all here a Merry Christmas, or whatever anyone else might be celebrating at this time of year. It is really nice being able to join you all here, and be part of the "Forum". Celebrate, be careful, enjoy, and dont over do it! LOL!

thanks-smitty

Thanks smitty-

The same to you sir.

Hi all, I just wanted to wish you all here a Merry Christmas, or whatever anyone else might be celebrating at this time of year. It is really nice being able to join you all here, and be part of the "Forum". Celebrate, be careful, enjoy, and dont over do it! LOL!

thanks-smitty

Thank you, Smitty.

I'd also like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzai, Happy Tet, and a Belated Ramadan, as well. And, a Hopeful New Year for us all.

Best wishes,

Ter :cheers

thanks-smitty

Thank you, Smitty.

I'd also like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzai, Happy Tet, and a Belated Ramadan, as well. And, a Hopeful New Year for us all.

Best wishes,

I concur. I hope 07 brings to everyone much health, happiness, peace and prosperity.

Dawn

ps And a special wish to my very special friend Terry: miss you girl, your pink room here is lonely without you.

Much love forever.

thanks-smitty

Thank you, Smitty.

Best wishes,

I concur. I hope 07 brings to everyone much health, happiness, peace and prosperity.

Dawn

ps And a special wish to my very special friend Terry: miss you girl, your pink room here is lonely without you.

Much love forever.

I wish I could be there with you and Erick and Tika too, Honey.

Just found out they've let 20 more people go at the hospital, yesterday. What kind of a holiday wish is that? And, what does that tell you about the supposedly stable economy, courtesy of the Nazi-Bushwacker regime? War, no matter where the oligarchs choose to wage it, ain't gonna prop up any bubble economy [based on a pyramid scheme of derivatives and junk bonds], or what's left of the dwindling middle-class, and exponentially increasing "former" middle-class-fast- approaching-lower-class slobs, such as myself, and/or my patients.

Fascists neo-con bastards ruining it again for 20 more families, and God-only-knows how many others, nationwide. They're not wishing anybody a "Happy" anything. Their Holiday Greeting to themselves is on the order of "Take The Money And Run." What we need is an FDR to rein in this conglomeropolis of unregulated excess, passing itself off as the U.S. Government. I don't mind paying taxes, and even voted to do so, just as long as it meant there'd be jobs kept on the homefront. Seems like we're taxed to death, yet the fascists keep saying how they're making it tax-free for everyone. Who might that be? Because it sure in hell ain't a single female, with no liquid assets, and a non-homeowner, such as myself.

That said, I sincerely hope for the best for all concerned this "Holiday" season.

Miss and Love you,

Ter

thanks-smitty

Thank you, Smitty.

Best wishes,

Dawn

Much love forever.

Just found out they've let 20 more people go at the hospital, yesterday. What kind of a holiday wish is that? And, what does that tell you about the supposedly stable economy, courtesy of the Nazi-Bushwacker regime? War, no matter where the oligarchs choose to wage it, ain't gonna prop up any bubble economy [based on a pyramid scheme of derivatives and junk bonds], or what's left of the dwindling middle-class, and exponentially increasing "former" middle-class-fast- approaching-lower-class slobs, such as myself, and/or my patients.

Fascists neo-con bastards ruining it again for 20 more families, and God-only-knows how many others, nationwide. They're not wishing anybody a "Happy" anything. Their Holiday Greeting to themselves is on the order of "Take The Money And Run." What we need is an FDR to rein in this conglomeropolis of unregulated excess, passing itself off as the U.S. Government. I don't mind paying taxes, and even voted to do so, just as long as it meant there'd be jobs kept on the homefront. Seems like we're taxed to death, yet the fascists keep saying how they're making it tax-free for everyone. Who might that be? Because it sure in hell ain't a single female, with no liquid assets, and a non-homeowner, such as myself.

That said, I sincerely hope for the best for all concerned this "Holiday" season.

Miss and Love you,

Ter

I'd like to add this, Dawnie. From one of our favorite artists...

MY HOMETOWN

Words and Music by Bruce Springsteen

I was eight years old and running, with a dime in my hand

Into the bus stop to pick up a paper, for my old man

I'd sit on his lap in that big old Buick and steer as we drove through town

He'd tousle my hair and say, "Son, take a good look around."

This is your hometown, this is your hometown

In `65 tension was running high, at my high school

There was a lot of fights between the black and white

There was nothing you could do

Two cars at a light on a Saturday night, in the back seat there was a gun

Words were passed in a shotgun blast

Troubled times had come, to my hometown

My hometown, my hometown, my hometown

Now, Main Street's whitewashed windows and vacant stores

Seems like there ain't nobody wants to come down here no more

They're closing down the textile mill across the railroad tracks

Foreman says, "These jobs are going, boys and they ain't coming back."

To your hometown, to your hometown, your hometown, your hometown

Last night, me and Kate, we laid in bed, talking about getting out

Packing up our bags, maybe heading south

I'm thirty-five, we got a boy of our own, now

Last night I sat him up behind the wheel and said, "Son, take a good look around."

This is your hometown, your hometown, this is your hometown, your hometown...

thanks-smitty

Thank you, Smitty.

Best wishes,

Dawn

Much love forever.

Miss and Love you,

Ter

MY HOMETOWN

Last night I sat him up behind the wheel and said, "Son, take a good look around."

I would also like to wish all members of the Forum a wonderful and blessed Holiday Season and my special hope for the leaders of nations now and always is to work in sincerity and goodwill to.....

Edited by Robert Howard

And here's a little something I like to call... a little something.

Song by someone who used to be my favorite artist, until he sold his anthem as a commercial...

Anyways, without further ado...

Christmas In Washington Lyrics

by Steve Earle

It's Christmastime in Washington

The Democrats rehearsed

Gettin' into gear for four more years

Things not gettin' worse

The Republicans drink whiskey neat

And thanked their lucky stars

They said, 'He cannot seek another term

They'll be no more FDRs'

I sat home in Tennessee

Staring at the screen

With an uneasy feeling in my chest

And I'm wonderin' what it means

Chorus:

So come back Woody Guthrie

Come back to us now

Tear your eyes from paradise

And rise again somehow

If you run into Jesus

Maybe he can help you out

Come back Woody Guthrie to us now

I followed in your footsteps once

Back in my travelin' days

Somewhere I failed to find your trail

Now I'm stumblin' through the haze

But there's killers on the highway now

And a man can't get around

So I sold my soul for wheels that roll

Now I'm stuck here in this town

Chorus

There's foxes in the hen house

Cows out in the corn

The unions have been busted

Their proud red banners torn

To listen to the radio

You'd think that all was well

But you and me and Cisco know

It's going straight to hell

So come back, Emma Goldman

Rise up, old Joe Hill

The barracades are goin' up

They cannot break our will

Come back to us, Malcolm X

And Martin Luther King

We're marching into Selma

As the bells of freedom ring

Chorus

[Amen]

Thanks Ter for the Bruce song. In 1988 my daughter and I drove to Philly from Boston to see the Amneysty International concert and driving thru Bruce's hometown I insisted that Christa- then 16 and not a Bruce fan- listen to this song. "My Hometown". Of course the Boss closed that concert in Philly. And then Christa became a fan. You can't see that man live and not become a fan. Ain't that right, James ? (Richards).

Sorry all for diverting this thread....Terry started it :cheers

Dawn

Thanks Ter for the Bruce song. In 1988 my daughter and I drove to Philly from Boston to see the Amneysty International concert and driving thru Bruce's hometown I insisted that Christa- then 16 and not a Bruce fan- listen to this song. "My Hometown". Of course the Boss closed that concert in Philly. And then Christa became a fan. You can't see that man live and not become a fan. Ain't that right, James ? (Richards).

Dawn

Dawn,

I've seen Springsteen a couple of times now, the last time in Brisbane a few years ago on 'The Rising' tour. Best live show I have ever seen.

James

Dawn

"Sorry all for diverting this thread....Terry started it"

Nyeah, nyeah! Did not!

I was just using the words to that tune to make a point about those folks who had just lost their jobs in time for Christmas.

The "Boss" would've been right proud.

Hey, and let's thank Myra for the Stevie Earle contribution. That was right on, as well, or spot on, as the Brits and Aussies say.

Thanks, Myra.

thanks-smitty

Thank you, Smitty.

Best wishes,

Dawn

Much love forever.

Miss and Love you,

Ter

MY HOMETOWN

I would also like to wish all members of the Forum a wonderful and blessed Holiday Season and my special hope for the leaders of nations now and always is to work in sincerity and goodwill to.....

That's an awesome jpg., Robert.

Santa coming to OZ

http://www.gosurfsportswear.com/xmas/sntstick.jpg

Myra, that hit the spot, thank's for that. Many true heroes rolled into one song.

A belated merry christmas to all