The Education Forum

Were it that some of the "newer know-nothings" which continue to flock to this sight, had the ability and/or drive to actually conduct any form of research, then they would have found that the great majority of the critical information which is revealed by my possession of the West Survey Data, has been made available on this site previously, or else allowed to be published elsewhere.

As stated, JFK Lancer was allowed a single "one-time" publishing of that information relative to the altered survey data as well as the Vehicle Speed information.*

*I might add, that one could determine the vehicle speed problems merely by having conducted research into the WC documents (CE884) and clearly demonstrated the fallacies of this information without even having knowledge of the West Survey Data.

Anyone do this?????????????????????

Anyone here bother to read that evidence within the WC which clearly demonstrates the Z313 headshot occurred at stationing 4+65, whereas SS evidence within the report clearly states that the impact point of the last shot was at stationing 4+95???????????????????????

One does not require the West Survey Data in "Tom's" possession to recognize either of these significant evidentiary flaws within the WC Report.

I apologize to the "FNG's" for the fact that I have no intention of digging back through the multitudes of boxes in which I have again packed away most of the JFK materials in my possession, and most of which has been previously provided.*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*This apology is conditional in that the FNG/Grantee must clearly demonstrate that they are a serious researcher who has at least taken the time and effort to completely review that information and evidence as presented throughout the volume of evidence of the Warren Commission Report.

In event that the FNG/Grantee can not demonstrate a clear history of conducting separate, independent, and verifiable research ( watching re-runs of the movie "JFK" do not count), then all warranties of apologies, whether written or implied, are null and void.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although the attached information is readily available, as it was incorporated into the JFK Lancer article, as well as now also being on the Mary Ferrel website, it is, for absolutely the last time, provided again for those who wish to continue with the factual research of the JFK assassination.

Had there been, in the past 43 plus years, a researcher who was diligent enough to actually research; review; study; etc; the WC, then they should have recognized by much of the evidence that the WC was a completely phony/staged re-enactment of the assassination.

The mere "Adjusted Position" alone should have told one that, even if it did confuse to the extent that they were completely lost as to what actually transpired.

These problems were located back in 1989 or so, yet until such time as I began to wave red flags and point to them, no one else seems to have demonstrated the research ability to find these problems within the WC solution.

As a former pre-engineering major, the alteration to the "Leroy" lettering/numbering on CE884 was quite obvious, (under a microscope).

So, the mere fact that I took time to examine the available (at the time) documents within the WC with a magnification glass, should be indicative that the "reduced copies" means of obscuring the evidence within the WC was recognized prior to location of the altered data.

And, just as it was immediately recognized that something "smelled" in relation to the manner in which CE 884 was introduced into evidence, the other means and methods which Specter & Company utillzed to obscure and obfuscate the factual evidence in the WC investigation, is also that obvious.

Provided of course that one also has some/limited experience with "shyster" lawyer types.

With most of the information now made available, complete with "Red Flags" attached and the roadway lighted as well as having established arrows pointing the way, there is little doubt in my mind that the "History" of the assassination of JFK will now eventually get back onto the correct course and thus "right" itself.

Those who continue to perpetuate hypothetical nonesense, based on nonsense and a complete lack of verification of information and facts, do as big a dis-service to resolution of the issues of the assassination as do those such as Posner and Bugliosi who are at the other end of the scale in ignoring what the factual evidence clearly establishes.

There is a "middle-ground" here, and as soon as it is recognized, then those who actually care can get on with assuring that events such as the WC are never allowed to happen again in the future history of the US.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully goodwill will prevail. There are conflicts that are unfortunate. There are frustrations that are understandable. Personally having been in the research of Kennedy assassination for about two years now, I've no knowledge of behind the scene histories and am not particularly interested in it either.
Long ago, another highly un-informed person took it upon himself to publish in his book information related to the alteration of the survey data.

This factual alteration, which was entirely not understood by those responsible for allowing it's publication, was thereafter utilized to further the theory of multiple assassins, etc; -- Purvis

Bernice et al., what book would this be?

Potpourri of possible explanations (or, something's loose in the gear box)

1.) Purvis would be agreeable to publishing the West map, except that by doing so certain unidentifiable persons would gain access to information which they would put into their books, which books might be promoting a conspiracy theory. Thus, Purvis would consider himself used as a tool of these persons & their bogus theory were he to publish West.

2.) The suggestion is that unscrupulous manipulators might distort & twist West's data. Why let them have that chance? Hide the map.

3.) There is something in West's map that, if it were disclosed, would harm the LN position. If the West map is accurate, then WHAT is of danger to the LN position? A mystery to be kept a mystery.

4.) Purvis is planning to publish a treatise on the assassination possibly based on West's map & naturally he doesn't want the CT persons vitiating & trumping his treatise. Naturally.

5.) If Purvis releases West then he loses his weapon to hammer CTs. Purvis can say, nope, you cannot prove that because you don't have the real data (West). I have it & you don't, so you are wrong & I am right. :lol:

Well, gosh, who knows where this will all end? A padded cell?

1.) Purvis would be agreeable to publishing the West map, except that by doing so certain unidentifiable persons would gain access to information which they would put into their books, which books might be promoting a conspiracy theory. Thus, Purvis would consider himself used as a tool of these persons & their bogus theory were he to publish West.

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=6107&st=30

Post #32

Certainly would not be the first time!

Hopefully goodwill will prevail. There are conflicts that are unfortunate. There are frustrations that are understandable. Personally having been in the research of Kennedy assassination for about two years now, I've no knowledge of behind the scene histories and am not particularly interested in it either.
Long ago, another highly un-informed person took it upon himself to publish in his book information related to the alteration of the survey data.

This factual alteration, which was entirely not understood by those responsible for allowing it's publication, was thereafter utilized to further the theory of multiple assassins, etc; -- Purvis

2.) The suggestion is that unscrupulous manipulators might distort & twist West's data. Why let them have that chance? Hide the map.

3.) There is something in West's map that, if it were disclosed, would harm the LN position. If the West map is accurate, then WHAT is of danger to the LN position? A mystery to be kept a mystery.

4.) Purvis is planning to publish a treatise on the assassination possibly based on West's map & naturally he doesn't want the CT persons vitiating & trumping his treatise. Naturally.

5.) If Purvis releases West then he loses his weapon to hammer CTs. Purvis can say, nope, you cannot prove that because you don't have the real data (West). I have it & you don't, so you are wrong & I am right. :lol:

Post #32

Post #35

Group: Members

Member No.: 3092

QUOTE(Lee Forman @ Mar 17 2006, 10:36 PM)

Outstanding Don.

Thanks very much for that post. Now the question is whether or not that marking is also indicated on the survey that Tom has, and if not why not.

I think I was taking photos of the curb [in this thread] in that same exact area - but I wasn't exactly measuring the distance from any given point. I was using my memory of your plat to align myself with the Pergola Shelter #4 roughly, and then I walked down the curb, photographing noticeable irregularities. The one below was the greatest area of interest.

The curb section cut-out and repaired by where Tague was struck is in ruins today.

- lee

Post #35

1. This portion of the survey plat is from the WC work, as only this survey has the "Z-Frame" numbers placed onto Elm St., as well as having the "YELLOW MARK ON CURB" marking.

2. It is neither a copy of the survey as was in Mr. West possession, nor is it from the WC.

3. The survey is in fact a portion of the survey plat which I copied long, long ago, and thereafter provided to other persons.

In all probability, it is a copy of a portion provided to Chuck Marlar, many years ago.

4. None of the survey plats generated by Mr. West have lines drawn from the sixth floor window of the TSDB to points located on Elm St.

This copy of a portion of the survey has two such lines.

5. These lines were drawn in by myself, many years ago.

6. The first line intersects Elm St. at virtually exactly the "426" elevation contour of the street, in the center of the street.

This is the platted location of impact for the first shot fired, as surveyed in by Mr. West from other work, and thereafter marked onto this drawing by myself, utilizing the establised SCP (survey control points) from the previous survey work.

This impact point for the first shot places it at approximately 7-feet prior to the WC marked position for frame Z207 of the film.

However, one must recall that the WC utilized the "Adjusted position", in which the Z207 on the survey plat is in fact not the exact position for Z207 in alignment from Mr. Zapruder's position.

7. The second line shown on the drawing which extends from the 6th floor window of the TSDB to the impact point in Elm st. for the second shot.

For some reason, a short section of the line is not shown (possibly erased and/or whited out)

As to exactly "WHO?" drew/wrote in all of this other junk on the survey play is completely unknown.

However, of one thing I am absolutely certain.

This is a portion of the survey plat on which I personally drew in the lines for the impact points for the first and second shots fired in the assasination, as aligned from the sixth floor window of the TSDB.

When Chuck Marlar was having difficulty explaining the "vehicle speed" problems long ago, I heard of it and provided him with this, as well as other information, in order that he could understand some of the manipulations of data as done by the WC.

Thereafter, someone has decided to "add to" this bit of information by adding in the information relative to non-existent bullet impact points on the curb of Elm St.

Certainly glad that I knew better than to waste my time chasing this smoke.

This post has been edited by Thomas H. Purvis: Mar 18 2006, 01:56 PM

Post #32

Great. Thx for link, which on quick scan of thread looks illuminating & bears close scrutiny, indeed. Airborne!

5.) If Purvis releases West then he loses his weapon to hammer CTs. Purvis can say, nope, you cannot prove that because you don't have the real data (West). I have it & you don't, so you are wrong & I am right. :huh:

Post #32

Great. Thx for link, which on quick scan of thread looks illuminating & bears close scrutiny, indeed. Airborne!

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...7&hl=Marler

Post #1

Although correct in regards to Mr. Summers diving to the ground, attempting to utilize the information gained through Chuck Marler (which also happens to be my work) to support the multiple assassin theory, is quite in error.

Any modifications/alterations to the Z-film have absolultely ZERO to do with multiple assassins.

http://www.assassinationscience.com/The_Zapruder_Film.pdf

Certainly worthwhile reading! However, absolutely nothing to do with multiple assassins.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...5&hl=Marler

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...4&hl=Marler

Since this information has been generally made public, and has been a topic of discussion/contention/whatever, then I see little to be gained in not again providing it.

The data was obtained from the records and documents of Mr. Robert West of Dallas, TX.

After recognizing what had transpired, and in order to obtain additional information relateive to the WC re-enactment of the assassination, the information was fully shared with Mr. West, who obviously took this to his grave.

The information was also shared with Chuck Marler of California.

Some years later, those familiar with the work advised me that much of it had appeared in the book "ASSASSINATION SCIENCE", and thereafter sent me copies of what was published in the book.

You have heard the remainder!

What you have not heard is that after having found that the information had been made public without my consent, I allowed Debra Conway of JFK Lancer the rights to a singular "one-time" publishing of the information.

It was published in the KENNEDY ASSASSINATION CHRONICLES, Vol 7, Issue 3, 2001.

Lancer consolidated certain pages of the information which ultimately makes it difficult to follow.

Nevertheless, other than a typo here or there the information is exactly the same.

I might add that this information is no longer available to researchers unless they are willing to purchase the back issue of Lancer.

It will take quite a few pages of downloads to get this through one page at a time, which I have to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=6107&st=75

Post #90

None of this information began to appear in the public domain until AFTER such time as I had mailed copies of it to Chuck MARLER and others.

Which of course is irrelevant, as I knew at the time that I allowed it out that persons would not be able to just "sit" on it.

After Chuck allowed to be published in the "ASSASSINATION SCIENCE" book, that information which I had provided to him, then it became obvious that I had better start digging out my old stuff.

Thereafter, I allowed JFK Lancer to publish the entire sub-chapter, written long ago, on the "altered evidence" as well as the "vehicle speed analysis".

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=6107&st=90

Post #105

So, Where is the Third Shot?

The answer again is quite simple!

Until the past year, I have never informed anyone of the location of the third/last/final shot fired in the assassination. That being the one which impacted directly in front of Mr. James Altgens.

So, many persons over the years in the mid-1990's were given "pieces" of the puzzle.------Never allowed to see the "Big Picture" in what the puzzle actually looked like though.

This is why Chuck Marler could not explain the significance of the "Altered Survey Data" when he contributed this information to "ASSASSINATION SCIENCE", as he did not know or understand what it was all relative too in relationship to the "Adjusted Position".

Just as they (any who received the information) were not told the reasoning as to why the WC went through this circular logic re-enactment of the assassination.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...c=8300&st=0

Post #13

The information as regards the survey work in Dealy Plaza as well as what it represents, has, for the most part been kept in my possession since then, with ONLY that information which I deemed necessary being allowed to "leak" out through sources such as Chuck Marler.

And, it was not until such time as I found out of the death of Mr. West that it was determined to re-enter this gallery of rabbit holes and begin to re-introduce a few facts as relates to the assassination of JFK.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.ph...=8300&st=15

Post #17

http://www.acorn.net/jfkplace/09/fp.back_i...sue/fetzer.html

4) Chuck Marler's study of "the Warren Commission's use of phoney numbers that were changed from those established by the original surveyors of Dealey Plaza."

Some of the findings reported by Chuck Marler are the most monumental in Assassination Science. Others are preliminary but promising.

According to Marler (p. 250), "analysis of existing Warren Commission exhibits, along with the discovery of new documents, now establishes a clear and convincing case that the survey measurements made for the Warren Commission by Robert H. West, Dallas County Surveyor, were altered, the 24 May 1964, re-enactment was orchestrated by Arlen Specter to insure his single bullet theory would not be contradicted, and the Zapruder film was altered to conceal footage that would have proved President Kennedy was struck by multiple assassins. Initial evidence of the crime scene and the shooting sequences as established by the Zapruder film produced a different version of the assassination than depicted in the Warren Commission's final report. To understand what occurred, it is necessary to study the evidence and exhibits that had been produced prior to 24 May 1964."

If Marler's case can be proved, presidential hopeful Senator Arlen Specter, R-Pa., is guilty of obstruction of justice, which makes it even more necessary to study this evidence and these exhibits. Regrettably, Fetzer and Marler have made that task more difficult than it might have been.

The existing Warren Commission exhibits (CEs) Marler refers to are CEs 585, 882, 883 and 884. One of the "new documents" is the 1964 field notes of re-enactment surveyor Robert H. West who conducted all of the three known surveys, including the November 26, 1963 survey -- the first -- commissioned by the Time-Life Corporation. That first plat, according to Marler, presumably the second of the "new documents," has not yet been made public.

West's second survey was commissioned by the Secret Service and done on December 5, 1963. CE 585 (17H 262) is the resulting plat. West's third survey was commissioned by the Warren Commission and done on May 24, 1964. It resulted in at least two plats, CE 882 and 883 (17H 901). I say "at least" because, according to Marler (p. 251), CE 882 "came wrapped and sealed in a container--one which was never opened and to date has never been released to the public. It was Commission Counsel Arlen Specter who asked Chairman Earl Warren that the seal not be broken and the plat not be taken out of its container. Mr. Specter instead introduced what was represented as a cardboard reproduction of Mr. West's survey as CE-883. Specter also introduced as CE-884, a tabulation of elevations and angles for selected Zapruder film frames which Specter stated were also contained on the sealed survey map."

Supporting this mysterious introduction of evidence by Specter, Marler cites the testimony of Leo J. Gauthier, head of the FBI's exhibit section (5H 136-37). Sure enough, the testimony shows that Specter seems to have done exactly what Marler reported. However, unless I am confused, Marler never explained why CE 882 does not depict a container, sealed or otherwise. It depicts a survey plat. The only difference between it and its "cardboard reproduction" (CE 883) is the addition on the latter of a few more landmarks and witness position labels (Harrison E. Livingstone, Killing Kennedy and the Hoax of the Century, [New York: Carroll & Graf, 1995], photo no. 11, caption).

Reading Gauthier's testimony more carefully -- which, as any respectable JFK researcher knows, is mandatory whenever witnesses are questioned by the artful Mr. Specter -- may solve the "container" mystery while establishing a greater one.

Specter seemingly established only that Gauthier had a "tracing of that survey," which was already wrapped and sealed in the container. Specter asked Gauthier if he "brought a cardboard reproduction of that." To which Gauthier answered, "A copy made from the tracing; yes." Specter then established only that the printing on the cardboard copy represents an exact duplication of the tracing. He then had the pre-sealed "tracing" marked as exhibit 882. The "copy" of the "tracing" was then marked as exhibit 883.

Now the only way anything in this pre-sealed container could bear the typewritten text, "Commission Exhibit No. 882," as this exhibit does (17H 901), and "not be taken out," is if the typewriting was on it before sealing it in the container. That would mean, at minimum, that the person who labeled it knew the exhibit number well in advance of the moment it was introduced as evidence on June 4, 1964. Either that or, unless I am hopelessly confused, Marler is wrong when he says it "was never opened and to date has never been released to the public."

That mystery notwithstanding, Marler reveals more problems for the reader (p. 251): "In order to adequately study these exhibits it may be necessary to make enlargements since the plats were reduced in size to less than a half-page photo in Volume 17 of the Commission's hearings" [sic]. May be necessary? It is necessary. The reader will not find any reproductions of them, large or small, in Assassination Science, however.

The Commission's reproductions cannot be enlarged because of the loss of resolution in the halftone screens the printer used. Slightly more legible reproductions of these exhibits can be found in Harold Weisberg's 1966 book, Whitewash II, p. 243 (CE 585), and Livingstone's 1995 book, Killing Kennedy, photograph numbers 9 (CE 585), 10 (CE 882) and 11 (CE 883).

The reader of Assassination Science does not learn of these sources until 54 pages later in the next article, where an important related article by Daryll Weatherly is also cited: "A Comparison of the Official Reconstructions of the John F. Kennedy Assassination," The Investigator, Winter 1994-95, pp. 6-16; which, on page 11, includes the largest reproduction (8.5 by 11 inches) of the December 5th plat (CE 585).

Weatherly's article, along with research by Marler and others, was the basis of Livingstone's third chapter in Killing Kennedy, which also includes, on page 56, a readable detail enlargement of the bottom of CE 585, showing the legend, an "essential aid in the understanding of any survey," admits Marler (p. 251), and an important revision date ("2-7-64") mentioned by Marler (p. 252), both of which are impossible to see on any of the other reproductions.

The original exhibits are 40 inches by 72 inches, drawn to a scale of "1 inch equals 10 feet" (5H 137). Without the "necessary" and "essential" means to "adequately study these exhibits," what immediate benefit can readers get from Marler's article?

Fortunately, Marler answers that question modestly: "Hopefully, this article provides new research information and raises questions about the assumptions that have been made about the accuracy of the crime scene data used by the Warren Commission."

That it does. By using the exhibit reproductions cited above, I was able to check some of Marler's data. The location of the pairs of traffic lines in the May survey plats (CEs 882 and 883) are in error and placed too far west (downhill) on Elm Street. At the very least, as Marler notes, "This issue is of extreme importance when determining the Zapruder frames in which the oak tree blocked an assassin's view of the motorcade from the sixth floor window" (p. 253).

By using several excellent reproductions of the photograph by Associated Press photographer James Altgens showing the limousine just after the first shot sounded, I was able to verify Marler's claims about it. When the FBI re-enacted that photo (CE 900; Warren Report, p. 113), the re-enactment vehicle was placed too far west, but seemingly in correct alignment with the fifth traffic line painted on the street.

Using West's December plat (CE 585), and visual alignments seen in the Altgens photo between the fifth traffic line, the limousine and the tree in the background, and by verifying it with other landmarks, I was able to plat Altgens' position at the south curb of Elm Street (directly next to the middle of the seventh traffic line just west of the 416.5 street elevation -- he, the driver and Zapruder are aligned at Zapruder frame 343) and thus properly plat the position of the limousine (centered at street elevation 421.25). That in turn verified the correctness of the traffic lines in CE 585 and, from witness statements, the shot sequence shown on that plat. All of which disproves Arlen Specter's single bullet theory.

It is also very easy to verify Marler's observations about CE 884 (17H 902), a data block containing Zapruder film frame numbers, elevations and distances from the re-enactment. It contains data for frames 161, 166 and 210. But Robert West, according to what Marler reports about his field notes, did not make measurements for those frames. The numbers entered for those frames are the ones West entered for frames 168, 171 and 208. It is easy to see in the Warren Commission's reproduction of CE 884 that someone erased the correct frame numbers and wrote in the fake numbers. The result of this alteration was to artificially move the first two frames westward and downward, and the third slightly eastward and upward. As Marler notes, this also has a devastating impact on the authenticity of the filmed movement and speed of the limousine (p. 255).

Suspiciously, frames 208 through 211 were not published by the Warren Commission and, as noted by David Mantik in his Zapruder film article, frames 208 and 210 were among the six frames from the original film (207 through 212) destroyed by Life magazine (p. 305; Josiah Thompson, Six Seconds in Dallas [New York: Berkley, 1967, 1976], pp. 271-74).

Those are also frames in which the limousines occupants were apparently hidden behind a street sign. Supporting Marler's suspicion that "the Zapruder film was altered to increase the height of the Stemmons sign to conceal President Kennedy's reactions when struck by the first bullet," it is easy to verify his observations about the film's re-enactment photos (CEs 888 through 902). Fetzer only published three of them, CE 888 (p. 220), CE 895 (p. 248) and CE 902 (p. 262). But even with that limited information, I was able to verify Marler's observation that the re-enactment camera was at a lower elevation than Zapruder's, thus artificially raising the sign to hide the car's occupants.

Arlen Specter, Marler tells us, was in charge of the May re-enactment. He also authored the single bullet theory between the dates of the December and May re-enactments. Therefore, if possible, "Arlen Specter, who with a sleight of hand introduced altered evidence (CE-883 and CE-884) and concealed the original survey plat, should be tried for obstruction of justice at the very least" (p. 260).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chuck could neither explain the rationale behind any of the actions nor could he provide copies of the survey notes, as I did not provide said information to him when I "lead" him to reveal this information.

================================================================================

====

Certainly would not be the second time either!