The Education Forum

Agent hill's cufflink microphone.

I was just watching Grodens DVD of the last two days.

As the Kennedy's are coming down the ramp from AF1 at San Antonia airport, agent hill at the top of the steps, can clearly be seen raising his hand as if to look at his watch and i was amazed to see him talking into his LEFT shirt cuff.

Anyone with the Groden DVD please have a look and confirm it.

Edited by Robin Unger

I was just watching Grodens DVD of the last two days.

As the Kennedy's are coming down the ramp from AF1 at San Antonia airport, agent hill at the top of the steps, can clearly be seen raising his hand as if to look at his watch and i was amazed to see him talking into his LEFT shirt cuff.

Anyone with the Groden DVD please have a look and confirm it.

Robin,

From the two stills you've posted, it looks to me like he's gestulating about something apropos the conversation at hand, so to speak...

--Thomas

Small movie made from (5) of the CLEARER frames.

I need a second opinion on what i see. !

He may just be talking to the guy to his left, but it seems to me he is relaying a message regarding security. ?

From what I understand, that type of mic was, and may still be in use today. Wheather it be a "cuff link" mic, or just a clip on, clipped in the sleeve of a jacket, they were used in security work for some time. I dont know how far back they go, or if they were used in 63'. Very trick idea. If you were brushing or straightening out your hair on the side, adjusting your glasses, or scratching your ear, you could use the mic without anyone really noticing you. If it was used in 63', it was pretty high tech for the time. Im not sure if it was "on" all the time, or if you could switch it on when needed [how I dont know either]. thanks-smitty

thanks-smitty

Small movie made from (5) of the CLEARER frames.

I need a second opinion on what i see. !

He may just be talking to the guy to his left, but it seems to me he is relaying a message regarding security. ?

From what I understand, that type of mic was, and may still be in use today. Wheather it be a "cuff link" mic, or just a clip on, clipped in the sleeve of a jacket, they were used in security work for some time. I dont know how far back they go, or if they were used in 63'. Very trick idea. If you were brushing or straightening out your hair on the side, adjusting your glasses, or scratching your ear, you could use the mic without anyone really noticing you. If it was used in 63', it was pretty high tech for the time. Im not sure if it was "on" all the time, or if you could switch it on when needed [how I dont know either]. thanks-smitty

thanks-smitty

"Cuff link" is only my interpretation.

In Nell Connally's book "From Love Field" she said that as the kennedy's stopped greating the crowd at the fence, and finally got into the Limo.

Kellerman spoke into his LAPEL and said " where leaving love field "

http://www.amazon.com/gp/reader/1590710142...977284-6132808#

Edited by Robin Unger