The Education Forum

John Connally's Wounds Considered

A question...would the ROOF of the Records building work as well as a window?

A very good point, Jack. The original ejecta-to-head experiment pointed to that window, but I think a very slight angle change indeed from ejecta to head would take it to the roof in one direction, and to lower windows in the other. Same principle rotating the trajectory on the vertical axis (meaning it would swing horizontally).

Last week I started a project to duplicate the views of the estimated motorcade shot locations from each of the windows in the top three floors of the County Records building but simply haven't had time to finish it. I will add the roof above each.

My longtime opinion, which I would like to see your graphics to show:

Connally chest shot, from Dal-Tex building; Connally wrist/thigh shot, from a

westmost TSBD sixth floor window.

I'm happy to do it just as soon as I can. Please give me a Z film frame to try to match the limo and occupants placement to for each shot as you envision it.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

I am not good at which frame numbers show certain thing.

However, I suggest Connally's testimony is best for such.

1. The chest shot is after the first JFK shot.

2. The chest shot is before the head shot

3. I think the Connally wrist shot is in between, with the

bullet exiting the wrist and entering the thigh.

Jack

My examination of the Zapruder film leads me to believe that John Connally's right arm/forearm is not "resting...along the top inside of the limo..." as you contend. I do agree that Connally has braced himself in an effort to aid his attempt at rotating to his right to better view happenings in the back of the limousine. However, I feel that this "bracing" is accomplished by the Governor as he positions his right elbow along the top of the back of the jumpseat he is occupying, a pivot point if you will, that may or may not have helped with this attempted maneuver.

Gary, I said in an earlier response this evening to this that I would try over the weekend to get an anim put together. Well, one of my sons came by, and it seems that your children, no matter how old they get, never tire of demonstrating that you couldn't possibly have had the sense necessary to raise them in the first place. And hearing of my little project that I wanted to crowbar somehow into an impossible schedule, he took far too much delight in showing me how to accomplish in mere minutes what would have taken me probably an hour or more with my archaic methods.

:tomatoes

:ice

Below is a Quicktime movie made from the Photoshop enhanced zoomed MPI frames Z:241-Z:286. The person who did the enhancements intentionally brought them up a bit over-bright to bring out details that simply are invisible in the original frames. It's clear to me now that Connally's right elbow does, indeed, go up on the back of the jumpseat. This enhanced version is also making me rethink the location of what I believe is the back shot—moving it a bit later, to just as they are emerging from behind the Stemmons sign—but I want to study this more. For now...

Here is the Quicktime movie, Z201-286SMALL

Without trying to ride a hobby horse at all—because I have no vested interest at all in what the truth turns out to be—I yet wonder now how much this new view affects the hypothesis of a high-velocity bullet going through Connally's torso and his right wrist area, entering "top" (knuckles) side of arm, exiting palm side.

How long do we have to wait for this book of yours?

There are many interesting points coming to light in this enhanced set of frames, not only about Connally, about which more later.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

I just noticed that the enhanced Quicktime movie snippet I uploaded jumps from Z:207 to Z:212, then checked the folder of stills I'd been sent that the Quicktime movie was made from, and discovered that they don't have the intervening frames. <Sigh>

Just didn't want y'all cooking up yet another conspiracy where none is warranted. We got a bushel basket full already. :ph34r:

Sorry. I'm going to get it cut down so it starts at Z:212 and replace it soon.

Ashton

My examination of the Zapruder film leads me to believe that John Connally's right arm/forearm is not "resting...along the top inside of the limo..." as you contend. I do agree that Connally has braced himself in an effort to aid his attempt at rotating to his right to better view happenings in the back of the limousine. However, I feel that this "bracing" is accomplished by the Governor as he positions his right elbow along the top of the back of the jumpseat he is occupying, a pivot point if you will, that may or may not have helped with this attempted maneuver.

Gary, I said in an earlier response this evening to this that I would try over the weekend to get an anim put together. Well, one of my sons came by, and it seems that your children, no matter how old they get, never tire of demonstrating that you couldn't possibly have had the sense necessary to raise them in the first place. And hearing of my little project that I wanted to crowbar somehow into an impossible schedule, he took far too much delight in showing me how to accomplish in mere minutes what would have taken me probably an hour or more with my archaic methods.

:ph34r:

:ice

Below is a Quicktime movie made from the Photoshop enhanced zoomed MPI frames Z:241-Z:286. The person who did the enhancements intentionally brought them up a bit over-bright to bring out details that simply are invisible in the original frames. It's clear to me now that Connally's right elbow does, indeed, go up on the back of the jumpseat. This enhanced version is also making me rethink the location of what I believe is the back shot—moving it a bit later, to just as they are emerging from behind the Stemmons sign—but I want to study this more. For now...

Here is the Quicktime movie, Z201-286SMALL

Without trying to ride a hobby horse at all—because I have no vested interest at all in what the truth turns out to be—I yet wonder now how much this new view affects the hypothesis of a high-velocity bullet going through Connally's torso and his right wrist area, entering "top" (knuckles) side of arm, exiting palm side.

How long do we have to wait for this book of yours?

There are many interesting points coming to light in this enhanced set of frames, not only about Connally, about which more later.

Ashton

Ashton, would this spot work or is it too far recessed.

chris

[indicating attached images, that I can't reproduce in replying, of a window in the connecting structure between County Records and County Courts buildings]:

Ashton, would this spot work or is it too far recessed.

John Dolva suggest that location and I did a set-up from there for the head shot back with the old funky limo that's at the bottom of forum page 5 in the "Where were the shooters" thread. (I tried posting the link to the exact message, but that never works for me no matter what I do—always goes to some other post in the thread.) Maybe I ought to revisit it at some point to take a look at possibilities for the Connally shot. I'll try at some point once I catch up on some other backlogs.

Ashton