The Education Forum

Apollo-gist / Virtual Apollo

Apollo-gist / Virtual Apollo.... Part Two

Let's look at a couple of pictures...

We shall begin with image # 10075151, a particularly inscrutable image supposedly taken from lunar orbit, just to illustrate that "fake" covers more than pasted-on astronauts or blacked out backgrounds. This is clearly not a tricked up photo of Iceland. It is a picture of something, but doesn't look like it was taken from orbit. If it represents some model constructed at Langley or some other studio, it is hard to imagine what the model maker was trying to do. On the other hand, if it was taken at one of the Atlantis locales in Antarctica, at least it fits that esthetic. I'd say the evidence leans in favor of it being one of the "tourist" photos taken during the training. Here is the original, the exact file I downloaded. Notice the straight horizontal "wrinkle" near the top, which is hard to explain if you take it as a legitimate photo. Click on it anyplace to see a fairly large processed version. You are encouraged to examine that one closely, to dispel any thoughts about "processing artifacts". Those are not pixel blocks.

10075151.jpg10075151updxsm.jpg

Next is the Transparent Astronaut of image #10075961. Click on this close-up to see a less processed one closer to the original image. There is no way that the background could show through the body like that if the astronaut was a part of the root image- there would be no data behind him to uncover. There was some mixing and interaction between the two layers (see the next paragraph), so the processed results are distorted. But the background image shows a structure back there.

10075621seethrud1.jpg10075621phex2det.jpg

The technique employed in the fabrication of the images of this type was pre-digital. They were optical composites done in a darkroom, so both the background and the overlay image were part of the end product. An effort was made to line up the edges and details, placing the overlay so as to utilize complementary elements of the background and thus integrate the two images. Anyone who has ever tried pasting one image with hard edges on top of another will be familiar with the problem they were trying to avoid. The way these were done minimized the need for retouching, which in those days was brushwork. That was used very sparingly, and only done to shadow areas. The alignment methodology used sometimes produced composites where the astronaut was posed in an improbable or even gravitationally unlikely stance, with anomalous shadow positions.

Later add-ins to the archives were digitally produced, and even the ones I used here have "comment" tags embedded that refer to various digital programs like Adobe Photoshop (v.4), and Image Alchemy (v.1.6.2 on that first example- check it yourself), which is an "i-photo" -type image conversion program perhaps used in the scanning of the image for the web. But many source images were reused, and the optical compositing could not be reversed by later digital editing. The mix of data from the two source photos would persist. Plus, there would have been no point in producing "new" pictures that were markedly different in appearance from the early ones, since all were supposed to have originated at the same time, from the same cameras.

Speaking of the cameras, this may clarify a curious "fact" from the Apollo era . Officially, none of the custom-made Hasselblads the astronauts carried with them were brought home. This was said to have been to save weight and fuel on the return flight. One would think the historical and museum value of those cameras would have outweighed that consideration. Of course, if the intent was to limit the trail of evidence as much as possible, every piece of involved hardware that could be removed was one less potential clue. The cameras had built-in reticule screens that added those familiar cross-hairs to every picture, ostensibly to help the astronauts -who were clumsily encumbered in their suits- frame shots, and to aid in the later analysis of scale and position of the photo contents. This also made the images taken unique, distinct from any others. If the cameras were officially left in space or on the Moon, then any picture showing the cross-hairs would, ipso facto, have been taken during the missions.

The reticules also would assist anyone who was making composites from the photos. I have found evidence of that. There are images where more than one set of cross-hairs can be seen. If the cameras were not really abandoned, then more pictures could have been taken later to add to the archives and passed off as authentic.

Part Three coming soon .

Duane-

Again - taken from the rongtolas.com web page - Although not quite the same. It appears that Duane made some edits for clarity, if so, thanks.

I’ll discuss issues 1 by 1 in separate posts.

Your photo # 10075151 is better referenced as AS10-32-4819. (Triesnecker crater)

What you are seeing in the upper left section is indeed a digital processing artifact.

I believe the original version of your photo may have come from the Apollo Explorer site.

Look at the lo-res versions on the LPOD Photo Gallery. or from the Apollo Image Atlas for Apollo 10 Magazine S. Note, your image is rotated 90 degrees clockwise from actual frame. The area in question look much different in these two versions of the photo with much more detail present.

I’ll add hi-res versions, if I can find them, when my internet connection isn’t quite as flakey.

{edit to add rongtolas reference}

Edited by Steve Ulman

Image #10075961 is incorrect. That number refers to an Apollo 17 image. If it is from the Apollo 11 mission, it is not a 70mm frame. I know this because if you look at the photo carefully you’ll notice that the astronaut in the photo has a Hasselblad camera attached to his chest. There was only one Hasselblad camera used by Neil and Buzz during their EVA. (I looked at all of the surface photos on the LPI site as well)

About the author’s claims. When you look closely at his non-altered picture, you’ll notice that it contains a great deal of digital compression artifacts. It also looks as if some “false color” has been added. Of course, when you highly reprocess a bad original you are going to get strange results.

By the way, read the authors site to understand exactly what I mean about “highly process” a photo.

Regarding his assertions about compositing the photos and multiple reticules, I refer you to the many posts on this forum by Evan, Craig and others that have addressed these issues and show the author’s claims to be false. There is no need to eat up more space here.

Just because Evan and Craig ( two of nasa's greatest defenders here ) have decided that the author's claims are false , doesn't mean that they are false .... Only that Evan and Craig wish them to be false , so they can continue to defend nasa's great lie of landing men on the moon many years ago .

It doesn't matter to me what you or Craig or Evan believe about Apollo , or even what your internet capacity may be in defending the bogus Apollo Program ... The future will prove that Apollo never happened ... No one can photograph or even find the Apollo artifacts on the moon for one simple reason .. they are not there now and they never were ... The flags , lunar buggies and LM models will never be found on the moon because they are all stuffed away in some very carefully guarded prop room in one of nasa's many facilities .... That is unless they have all been destroyed already , along with the blueprints and the telemetry tapes of every Apollo mission .

nasa can't land men on the moon today , almost 40 years after the Apollo debacle , because they still haven't figured out how to get an astronaut safely beyond low earth orbit .... and not even knowing how much radiation awaits any astronaut who might even manage to get to the moon alive , doesn't help their future plans much either .

So just what are nasa's future plans for the moon ? .... First UNMANNED missions ...Then ROBOTIC missions and then maybe , manned missions , if they can determine if that highly radioactive moon won't kill any humans who dare to really go there one day .

Why do you think Lyndon B. Johnson ordered the Apollo evidence to not be declassified until the year 2026 , if there was nothing to hide ? .... Not to completely embarrass and offend everyone who worked on the Apollo Program , would be the reason why ... Along with not wanting to admit that no one has ever really walked on the moon , until nasa can finally figure out a way to get manned missions there .... Funny thing , that space radiation .... If it doesn't kill you , it sure would make you wish you were dead ... Especially after repeatedly puking into your space helmet .....

Shame on nasa for lying to the world about going to the moon.. and shame on you for continuing to defend that lie .

Edited by Duane Daman

Of course you have no figures to back up that radiation claim. Also interesting to note that NASA is not the only agency that has sent probes and living animals in and beyond the Van Allen belts. Strange how no other country or company that works in space thinks the radiation environment is too harsh for Apollo to have happened as advertised.

Also, the only classified documents are the personal medical records of the participants and a single military experiment. Would you want your medical records on display for the world to comb through?

Excuse me , but how would you know what has been classified and what hasn't been ? .... Do you work for nasa also ? ... I highly doubt that anyone's medical records would be considered top secret and classified ...That is unless there is something very damaging about them that needs to be kept hidden ..... If the medical records included CIA debriefing , or possible brainwashing techniques , or possible mental disorders because of being forced to lie to the entire world , while pretending to be heros , when all you really are is a bunch of fly boys and bad actors , then I can see why Johnson ordered their medical records sealed .

About those animals who went through the Van Allen Belts and onto the moon ... All we have is nasa's word that they survived the trip ... The Russian dog died and so did the American monkey who was launched , not even as high as the belts , but was dead a few days later anyway .... And he died just a few days before nasa launched their heros into deep space an onto the moon for the first time , where no one even knew how much radiation was lurking in deep space and on the radioactive moon .

Face it guys .... Nothing about the official Apollo record adds up ... It was a hoax ... and not even a very good hoax at that ... Well, on second thought , maybe it was a good hoax .. It fooled all of you ... Or did it ?

Edited by Duane Daman

Any cite for this monkey? Or his cause of death?

You forgot Zond 5. A Russian trip around the moon with live animals. Also, the ISS routinely passes through a part of the belts.

Why should there have to be something damaging in the medical records for them to be hidden? I'll say it again. Would you want your medical records on display for the world to look through?

And again, also interesting to note that NASA is not the only agency that has sent probes and living animals in and beyond the Van Allen belts. Strange how no other country or company that works in space thinks the radiation environment is too harsh for Apollo to have happened as advertised.

Everything about the Apollo record adds up. I have not seen a single hoax claim that stands up to any scrutiny whatsoever.

I thought the nasa monkey launch was common knowledge among the nasa geeks ... But maybe not ... It's not like it's any information that any one of you would like to really know about anyway because the MONKEY DIED just a few days before the Apollo 11 launch .... I have read this information on many sites and will see if I can find it again for you .... But it was a nasa mission ,so shouldn't this sad information be on the nasa sites along with their many proud accomplishments ? ... Maybe Dave or Steve or Craig or Evan can find it for you ... After all , they are all such clever rersearchers ...

Funny you should mention Zond 5 because I read very recently that the turtles , and worms etc. all died too ... just like the American monkey .... but the Zond animals came back vaporized because they all went through the belts and onto lunar orbit in deep space ... The monkey didn't go through the radiation belts though , so he didn't vaporize ... but died anyway from just being in a cramped space capsule in zero gravity for a few days maybe ? .... The truth is , nasa never really did understand why their monkey astronaut died .. but it must not have mattered very much to them because they sent the Apollo astronauts onto the moon only a few days later anyway .... Wow ... did they get lucky or what ???

So no reference for the Zond 5 comment either?

Why should they be concerned about a monkey (assuming it even existed) when they had the Mercury and Gemini programs to show that space travel in confined spaces was safe and, more importantly, they had already made two trips to the moon? You did know about Apollos 8 and 10 right? You know, the two missions that flew to the Moon and back before Apollo 11? Of course this is assuming this monkey incident (again, if it even existed since you have given no reference) happened right before Apollo 11 since you said it was just a few days before.

And again, also interesting to note that NASA is not the only agency that has sent probes and living animals in and beyond the Van Allen belts. Strange how no other country or company that works in space thinks the radiation environment is too harsh for Apollo to have happened as advertised.

I will find the references for you about the monkey and the Russian animals , but you will only choose not to believe them , just like you and your friends refuse to believe anything else damaging against nasa ...

This is why Apollo is called a hoax , a conspiracy , and now a cover -up .... No one knows who really knows what ... Even if scientists and physicists have any doubts about Apollo , or even possibly agree that it couldn't have been done , there is no way that they are going to try to squeal on nasa now .

And who would they squeal to , even if they wanted to ? .... Didn't you know that the news media is completely controlled by the government ? .... and when anyone does dare to speak out against nasa or question nasa's alleged technological acomplishments , they end up as dead as the monkey ....

Just ask Tom Baron's family about that ... Oh that's right , you can't ... They're dead too .... Along with dozens of Apollo astronauts who decided the Apollo space craft wasn't good for anything but hanging a big lemon on it ... Too bad nasa didn't supply any fire extinguishers in their Apollo 1 capsule ... I guess then maybe Gus could have lived to do more than just hang up that lemon .

So now you know what I will and won't believe? Wow! I didn't know you were psychic too! :rolleyes:

Of course you know as you have been told already that Baron died after delivering his report. Wouldn't you think the timing might have been better? Or maybe, gasp!, his death really was just an accident. There weren't dozens of astronauts that hung a lemon, it was one. You have been told that before too. The lemon was also hung on the simulator because it wasn't being kept up to date with the changes in the real thing. I'm sure that's been mentioned before too. All supplied with references as well.

Obviously the government doesn't control all the media, or you wouldn't be able to post. And what about the media in other countries?

And once more, also interesting to note that NASA is not the only agency that has sent probes and living animals in and beyond the Van Allen belts. Strange how no other country or company that works in space thinks the radiation environment is too harsh for Apollo to have happened as advertised.

Shame on nasa for lying to the world about going to the moon.. and shame on you for continuing to defend that lie .

You have always complained that you are always attacked and no one will have a civil conversation with you. If you bother to go back and read Evan's and my responses to you, we were very civil and polite - trying to discuss the topic at hand without insults.

Your first post in reply was a personal attack.

You have never posted any evidence to show Apollo was faked. You have posted only your opinion and other people’s faulty work.

Shame on you for doing shoddy research, complaining like a spoiled brat when you are caught, then doing anything possible to cover your butt.

Funny you should mention Zond 5 because I read very recently that the turtles , and worms etc. all died too ... just like the American monkey .... but the Zond animals came back vaporized because they all went through the belts and onto lunar orbit in deep space ...

Vaporized? You really believe that?

That's what the article said ... Vaporized .... As in ; burnt to a crisp from the intense deep space radiation .

Here's what you said ....

"Obviously the government doesn't control all the media, or you wouldn't be able to post. ..."

News flash my friend .. The internet is not part of the media , and remains one of the few places where freedom of speech is still allowed .. but probably not for long if that idiot still in the White House has anything to do with it .

The media would be the government controlled newspapers , radio and TV broadcasts ...

Edited by Duane Daman