The Education Forum

French book on assassination attempt in Paris

Is anyone aware of the existense of the book '400,000 dollars pur abbatre Kennedy a Paris' by Camille Giles, Julliard Press, Paris, 1973?

In it, it is alleged that there was a plot to kill Kennedy in Paris during a trip there.

Has anyone read it or encountered it before.

Perhaps Marcel or other French speaking members are aware of it.

Some indication as to its content would be interesting.

John

John,

If I remember correctly, the book was based on a series of articles penned by journalist Camille Gilles. It concerns Jean Luis Romero, a Secret Army Organization operative who claims to have been approached by a CIA man code named 'Mike', who subsequently offered him $400,000 to assassinate JFK during his May 1961 visit to France.

'Mike' was alleged to have been E. Howard Hunt.

FWIW.

James

John,

If I remember correctly, the book was based on a series of articles penned by journalist Camille Gilles. It concerns Jean Luis Romero, a Secret Army Organization operative who claims to have been approached by a CIA man code named 'Mike', who subsequently offered him $400,000 to assassinate JFK during his May 1961 visit to France.

'Mike' was alleged to have been E. Howard Hunt.

FWIW.

James

Very interesting James, I came accross the reference in 'The Taking of America 1-2-3'. This account seems similar to the account given to Hugh McDonald in the book 'appointment in Dallas', in which a professional assassin is approached by a CIA officer. The description of him points to Hunt also.

John

John,

Is anyone aware of the existense of the book '400,000 dollars pur abbatre Kennedy a Paris' by Camille Giles, Julliard Press, Paris, 1973?

If you have access to a Library, there is an article in the Jan., 1973 issue of Computers and Automation.

The citation is:

Bernert, Phillippe and Camille Gilles. The Frenchman who was to kill Kennedy. Computers and Automation. vol 22, January, 1973. pp. 37 - 40.

Steve Thomas