The Education Forum

Discovery Channel Apollo investigation squelched?

Jack White

(there is no way of correcting headers with the forum software; the header should

have said THE HISTORY CHANNEL, not Discovery Channel...but I sent the message

before spotting my typo.)

More than six months ago I was contacted by the representatives of THE HISTORY CHANNEL

asking if I would participate in an Apollo documentary for their series HISTORY'S MYSTERIES.

They had seen my Apollo studies at Aulis.com and wanted to do a pro and con program.

They picked ten of my most credible studies as genuine mysteries. I worked with them for

several weeks, and spent a day in June presenting these studies for their camera.

The plan was to take the video of me and my studies to Houston and "confront" NASA spokesmen

asking for rebuttals or answers to questions I raised. NASA had agreed to participate the same

week...but apparently were blindsided by the tenor of the program.

The documentary was scheduled for September/October. It did not appear. I contacted them

and was told it was resecheduled for January. It has not yet been rescheduled. I have sent them

four emails asking about it. They have not responded to any of my emails. I was promised an

advance copy of the documentary before it airs, but have not received it. It is puzzling that

they do not respond, since previously they called and emailed me almost daily, and sent

several letters plus releases to sign. I agreed to not disclose the nature of their product,

but feel that since two deadlines have passed and they will not respond to me, that I am no

longer bound not to speak. I was not paid any consideration for all of my work and cooperation,

or for my on-camera appearance. It seems apparent that the project has been shelved.

This is indeed a history mystery.

Jack

Edited by Jack White

More than six months ago I was contacted by the representatives of THE HISTORY CHANNEL

asking if I would participate in an Apollo documentary for their series HISTORY'S MYSTERIES.

They had seen my Apollo studies at Aulis.com and wanted to do a pro and con program.

They picked ten of my most credible studies as genuine mysteries. I worked with them for

several weeks, and spent a day in June presenting these studies for their camera.

The plan was to take the video of me and my studies to Houston and "confront" NASA spokesmen

asking for rebuttals or answers to questions I raised. NASA had agreed to participate the same

week...but apparently were blindsided by the tenor of the program.

The documentary was scheduled for September/October. It did not appear. I contacted them

and was told it was resecheduled for January. It has not yet been rescheduled. I have sent them

four emails asking about it. They have not responded to any of my emails. I was promised an

advance copy of the documentary before it airs, but have not received it. It is puzzling that

they do not respond, since previously they called and emailed me almost daily, and sent

several letters plus releases to sign. I agreed to not disclose the nature of their product,

but feel that since two deadlines have passed and they will not respond to me, that I am no

longer bound not to speak. I was not paid any consideration for all of my work and cooperation,

or for my on-camera appearance. It seems apparent that the project has been shelved.

Jack

Wow! Discovery channel is smarter than I thought. They dumped Jack White and his discredited "studies". Maybe they finally did their homework and found out they were going to get thier butts kicked.

Edited by Craig Lamson

I was not paid any consideration for all of my work and cooperation,

It doesn't exactly sound like they sunk a lot of money into this, it could have been cancelled or delayed for any number or reasons. If you want to insinuate that the program was canned due to external pressure you have to explain why Fox released a pro-hoax program but A & E couldn't this one. And I'd becareful they could sue you for violating your contract.

Jack

I'd be intersted to know which ten of your studies were chosen by The History Channel as being the most credible? (Don't think we need another JW de-bunking thread, just interested!)

Cheers

Jack

I'd be intersted to know which ten of your studies were chosen by The History Channel as being the most credible? (Don't think we need another JW de-bunking thread, just interested!)

Cheers

I gave them about twenty of the most significant ones to choose from. I do not

know which ten they chose to include.

Jack

Jack

Cheers

I gave them about twenty of the most significant ones to choose from. I do not

know which ten they chose to include.

Jack

Thanks

Time will tell whether they decide to go ahead with it or not I supppose.

After they have spent production costs, I'd be surprised if they didn't air it.

So it's not listed in the programme guide for January? (I presume they put out a listing for a month at a time)

I can understand why they might have decided to wait a little. This 27 JAN is the 40th anniversary of the Apollo 1 fire; they may have thought the matter would be too controversial for that month.