The Education Forum

The Ferrie baby

Guest Mark Valenti

Guest Stephen Turner

Mark, its a mini Oswald impersonator, I believe Ferrie grew them from seedlings. Wigs a better fit than usual though.

The title of your post did make me wonder what on earth it could be about! I thought for a moment perhaps some loony woman had come forward claiming to have had David Ferrie's lovechild or something, which would have been a spectacular feat indeed! :lol:

I have never seen this photo before, interesting. Where on earth did you find it?

Edited by Francesca Akhtar

Does anyone know whose baby is posing with Uncle Dave?

That's "Little Al" Beaubouef, son of Al Beaubouef, and the original picture is in Al's scrapbook. Little Al was born in early 1966, so this picture must be mid-late 1966.

Al's last name, by the way, is pronounced Bo-buff, and is correctly spelled Beaubouef, not Beauboeuf.

Guest Mark Valenti
Does anyone know whose baby is posing with Uncle Dave?

That's "Little Al" Beaubouef, son of Al Beaubouef, and the original picture is in Al's scrapbook. Little Al was born in early 1966, so this picture must be mid-late 1966.

Al's last name, by the way, is pronounced Bo-buff, and is correctly spelled Beaubouef, not Beauboeuf.

The idea of little Oswald seedlings creeps me out...maybe that's Oliver Stone's next movie! Francesca, I wish I was better about keeping track of photo sources like James R. -- I just spotted the photo and downloaded it from one of the myriad web sites. There's a never-ending supply of stuff out there.

• 2 years later...

The title of your post did make me wonder what on earth it could be about! I thought for a moment perhaps some loony woman had come forward claiming to have had David Ferrie's lovechild or something, which would have been a spectacular feat indeed! :)

I have never seen this photo before, interesting. Where on earth did you find it?

[/quote

From the "For What It's Worth" Department:

When I asked Al Beaubouef whether or not David Ferrie was homosexual, he said that he was bi-sexual.

--Thomas