The Education Forum

The Death of Hank Killam - The Ultimate Cold Case

Hank Killam is a name that should be very familiar to those who are familiar with the much maligned topic of mystery deaths insofar as the topic relates to the assassination of Pres. Kennedy.

While there were some individuals whose names may rightly not belong in the category of mystery deaths, you would have no such problems in having Killam's name there. Why is that so? Hank Killam was at the time of Kennedy's assassination arguably just an ordinary painter, or so it seemed. In reality Hank was one of those few individuals who lived in the same circles as Jack Ruby and to a lesser degree, Lee Harvey Oswald. Regarding Jack Ruby, his wife Wanda had worked at the Carousel Club, while Hanks house painting gig found him, not unfamiliar with John Carter one of the boarders at the rooming house at 1026 N. Beckley. That rooming house being the same one where Lee Harvey Oswald was living while Marina and June were living at the Irving home of Ruth Paine.

The subtitle "The Ultimate Cold Case" has to do with the fact that the circumstances of Hank Killlam leaving Dallas were sheerly over concerns for his well being, or, better to say, concerns over the lack of it. When he returned home to Pensacola, Fla, logic at the time would have seemed to dictate that it would offer a safe haven, far from the events resonating in Dallas. There are those who speculate that the trial of Jack Ruby may have been as much of a motivating factor in his decision to leave Dallas, as these strange people were, tormenting him.

Tragically, all that Pensacola ultimately offered Hank was a brief period of time to spend with his family, before his sudden death by "suicide," as it was initially ruled by the coroner when he died. It seems odd to myself and the various individuals, who are derisively known as "conspiracy theorists," that the actual cause of death was the loss of blood from Killam's body, as a result of his severed jugular vein.

Oddly? I have yet to hear any the of the proverbial apologists attempt to explain this one. I will be very honest in stating the following articles about Hank Killam's death, first appeared in the National Enquirer, but I will offer the assertion that the articles do not appear to be anything other than what a magazine would be expected to write as a look into the controversy and circumstances of events both before and after his death.

The following was emblazoned on the covers of the April 16th 1967 Edition of the National Enquirer

Officials Blast Theory of Suicide

in Death of Man Who Claimed

He Knew Too Much

By Thomas Porter

Three key figures have ripped apart the police theory of 'probable suicide' in the death of a man who claimed that he knew too much about the Kennedy assassination --- and was afraid that he would be killed because of it.

Hank Killam apparently killed himself three years ago by jumping through a plate glass window in Pensacola, Escambia County, Fla. His jugular vein was severed and he bled to death. But now three top investigators are disputing the police theory.

County Coroner Dr. A.H. Northup told this ENQUIRER reporter: 'I didn't know until now that police had listed the death as a probable suicide. In 10 years as a medical examiner, I've never heard of a man trying to kill himself in that way." Insurance company investigator Jim Harper who made a report on the death said: 'That is no sure way to commit suicide. If he had been cut anywhere else except the jugular vein he would never have bled to death."

And County Solicitor Carl Harper, who has reopened the file of the death, said: 'I want to know if Killam jumped, or was pushed into that window."

Did he jump?

Or was he pushed?

Could Killam have fallen through plate glass and fatally ripped his jugular vein or was he thrown through the window after his throat was cut?

It gets down to that --- the death of Hank Killam --- a man running for his life and who died amid shattered glass and mystery.

His throat cut, life ebbing from a three-inch slash in the neck, Killam died on March 17, 1964, alone an a deserted street in a pool of his own blood.

And the voice of another person one of 11 who have met strange deaths since the death of a President ---- was stilled forever.

"I'm a dead man," Killam had claimed after fear forced him to flee from Dallas where he was linked both with Jack Ruby and Lee Harvey Oswald.

Threats in Tampa, Fla. where he later fled, then sent Killam hurrying home to Pensacola, and to his appointment with death.

He cried in anguish to his brother Earl Killam "They're going to get me --- but I've run as far as I'm going to run."

The statement proved prophetic. And soon, Pensacola --- a Gulf Coast city of 185,000 -- was stunned and baffled by the way the prophecy was fulfilled.

Because two day's later Killam, 45 was found dead, lying near the shattered glass of a storefront window on the city's main street. Police listed the death as a "probable suicide" -- "but did you ever hear," questioned his brother, "of a man committing suicide by jumping through a plate glass window?"

With this 3-year-old question burning in his mind, the long smoldering fires of frustration burst into flame when the investigation in New Orleans into a plot to assassinate Kennedy began. And Earl Killam requested an investigation into his brother's death.

Like millions of others anxious to know more about the mystery, this ENQUIRER reporter traced Killam's flight from fear and found that the route crossed two principals: his wife, Wanda Davis Killam, a swinging hostess who used to hustle drinks and cigarettes for Jack Ruby in Dallas' Carousel stripjoint: and John Carter, a fellow boarder of Lee Harvey Oswald, and a man with whom Killam worked as a part-time painter.

According to his wife, Killam came home the night of the assassination "as white as a sheet." She said he stayed up all night watching television reports. Later, Killam began to keep a file of newspaper clippings on the Kennedy and Oswald slayings.

After the assassination, agents --- identified as "federal" by his wife and as "plotters" by Killam --- began to hound her husband, Wanda said. They quizzed him about Ruby and Carter -- and when one crew stopped, another began.

Finally Killam ran. "Then they browbeat me into telling them where he had gone," Wanda said. And again the "agents" and "plotters" tracked him down in Tampa where he was working as a used car salesman.They chased him from one lot to another, then to his home and death.

If the men who hounded Killam were FBI agents, there is no record of the investigation in the 26 Volumes of the Warren Report.

Said brother Earl Killam: "He may not have been important to the Warren Commission but he sure was important to someone maybe 'plotters' like he claimed."

Hank Killam may have been important to someone, but certainly not to the Pensacola policeman who who answered the 4:29 a.m. call that March 17, three years ago.

Nor to insurance investigator Jim Harper whose complete set of records now give the best restaging of the mysterious death.

Nor to Coroner Northup who examined the body and found that it was unmarked except for the throat opening. The death was listed by the coroner as "accidental." Cause: "Hemorrhage from a cut jugular and a caratid artery."

Dr. Northup said "I've seen a suicide where a man put blasting caps in his mouth and lit the fuse --- but I've never heard of a man trying to commit suicide by jumping through a plate glass window."

Insurance Investigator Harper's records follow the same tack.

Said Harper: "I was working the case as a claim against liability and didn't think too much about the mystery aspects of it at the time. The window of the store was broken. Blood went way back inside --- 4 to 5 feet. To me this means Killam went through the window with tremendous force. Because if he had slipped or had staggered into the glass, the blood would have been right at the window. And if he had fallen through he would have landed real close to the edge."

Hank Killam would also have had to jump up and over a two-foot high section of brick wall even to get into the plate-glass window. And the mystery is deepened by the fact that his body was discovered on the pavement -- 50 feet from the window.

"That is sure no way to commit suicide." The insurance investigator theorized. "If he had been cut anywhere else except on the jugular vein, he would never have bled to death."

"There were no other marks, no bruises, in any way, shape or form, on Killam's body."

This too pushed brother Earl Killam even deeper into speculation. He remembered the weekend his brother died; how Hank had seen a strange man wearing the collar of a priest, several times near 316 West Romana St., where Killam was staying with his mother, Mary. No Catholic priests or Episcopal clergymen ever visited the area.

Hank Killam was frightened of the stranger who seemed to be shadowing him and told his own Baptist minister: "Be careful they don't put a knife in your back after being seen talking to me."

The minister, the Reverend George Blue, also said Killam hinted in those last day's of his life that his special knowledge of "that thing in Dallas" would lead to his death.

"I don't know if it did or not," said Earl Killam. "But I know this: My brother was scared. I know my mother said he got a phone call at 4:00 a.m. the night he died, went out of the house, and a car door was heard to slam."

"I know he didn't have a car, and less than 30 minutes later he was found dead."

"I know too, that it is possible that someone picked him up, slit his jugular vein, threw him into the window to make it look like an accident."

Then, as everyone else who comes in close contact with the case, Earl Killam popped the poser: "Who would have thought of suicide? You don't commit suicide by jumping through a ground floor window."

Nobody, as far as The ENQUIRER could find, even considered the possibility of suicide, except the Pensacola police.

The "probable suicide" is listed in the report of officer S.N. Reeves, then a rookie cop, who was first on the scene. It read: "The plate-glass window of Linen Department Store was shattered. Because of the presence of blood approximately 4 feet inside the store window, it is my opinion Killam jumped through the window."

But earlier that same evening, officer Reeves had answered another call concerning Killam. Reeves was summoned to 316 West Romana St., where he had found Killam waiting in front of the house. There was fear showing in Killam's eyes and he claimed that he was going to be killed.

Reeves chalked it up to mental condition, because Killam's mother had told him she was going to see about getting her son to see a psychiatrist (he actually had an appointment for 1 p.m. on the day he died) or into a hospital (Killam had a police record of drug addiction.)

Other policeman arrived minutes after Reeves.

"We saw it was Killam," said a detective, "and let it go."

For Killam was well known by the police. He was a fringe area hoodlum with a string of arrests, starting from a fifth-grade reform school lock-up --- but he had never been jailed for anything big.

He sometimes worked with the officers, fingering and informing. He was questioned once about a murder, but later released.

And Killam has been traced to New Orleans where DA Jim Garrison contended that three men, including Lee Harvey Oswald, planned the Kennedy killing.

Hank Killam was in and out of New Orleans during September, October and November of 1963.

He is also listed in Police Files there.

"I don't know," says County Solicitor Harper, who has open lines to investigating officials in Tampa and the DA in New Orleans. "But I want to resolve it to my own and everyone one else's satisfaction. But most of all I want to know if Killam jumped or was pushed into that glass window."

Widow of Mystery Suicide

Links 4 Key Figures in

JFK Assassination Plot

By GENE BELL

Wanda Killam, whose husband Hank claimed to have inside information on the Kennedy assassination

before he died mysteriously in 1964, has roped together the lives of four prime assassination figures:

Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby, Oswald's fellow roomer, John Carter and her husband. Wanda, who

worked in Ruby's nightclub, gave this ENQUIRER reporter an exclusive interview in which she detailed

the startling links as she discussed the events surrounding her husband's weird death

The mysterious death of Hank Killam may have been caused by his wife. For just shortly after "federal" agents

asked Wanda where her husband was hiding, he was found dead on the street. Killam, who claimed to have

information about the assassination of President Kennedy, was found lifeless outside of a Pensacola, Fla,,

department store. And police listed the death as a "probable suicide."

But Wanda is sure her husband would never take his own life. She said that "federal agents browbeat me into

telling them where Hank had gone."

And on March 17, 1964 Hank Killam was dead

Hank would never have killed himself, insisted Wanda, the hip honey-talking $300-per-week nightclub hostess.

"Hankie wouldn't have done that. He wouldn't have killed himself."

But the shapely, man-pleasing Wanda, who hustled drinks and cigarettes for Jack Ruby in his Carousel Club,

wants to know how her husband died. "I didn't even know he was dead until after he was buried," the winsome widow

admitted. "I wrote him a letter on March 18, 1964, and he died on the 17th, I later learned.

"Sure, I want to find out who killed Hank.

I know he wouldn't have jumped through any window."

Killam, who claimed special knowledge of the Kennedy assassination plot and fear of "agents" who planned it, was

found dead in Pensacola, his throat cut.

Police reported that he jumped through a plate glass window, killing himself, and listed the death as "probable suicide."

Wanda Killam has said she wanted a full investigation and autopsy. "I want to know all about his death. After all the man was my husband."

But Mrs. Wanda Killam, who calls everybody "Honey," and who sweet talked customers out of as much as $300 weekly in tips with her Southern drawl, turns tiger when the Killam link to three other figures in the JFK assassination is traced to her.

"He didn't hardly know Ruby honey except from the club. Then Jack ran him out and said he would fire me every time Hank came in. Jack didn't like husbands around."

But nevertheless, Wanda Joyce Davis Killam not only put Hank with Ruby, but also with John Carter, a man who roomed at the same boarding house (1026 North Beckley) with Lee Harvey Oswald.

"John Carter, honey was a friend of Hank. He came to our house ---- mine and Hank's ----after we were married. But we constantly sat around and talked about Jack Ruby or Lee Harvey Oswald back then."

(Carter told the FBI that he had never heard of Ruby but knew Oswald slightly. His statement was reported to the Warren Commission.) But it was Carter who had spoken to Oswald around Mrs. A.S. Johnson's rooming house, that got Hank Killam in the house painting business.

"It was around Carter working those house painting job's that my husband was constantly hounded by agents after the assassination.

They would go to the job's and cause Hank to get in trouble --- always stopping his work. He lost job after job. Finally he couldn't take it and just pulled out for Florida."

She said he appeared nervous, frightened. He was also taking pills; amphetamines and/or barbiturates, investigator's later said.

But why? That was the question this reporter asked Wanda Killam.

"Well honey, I worked for Ruby, and had known John Carter who had known Oswald a little and, too they were investigating all the girls husbands who worked at the Carousel.

They've investigated all the girl's husbands so baby, they've done everyone like that. I'm sorry, Hankie, forgive me....mother told me you called and said you had to go home from Tampa and had lost your job on account of me . . . .that I had worked up there (the Carousel)."

This hung heavy on Wanda Killam's head. She remembers writing ---- even as her husband lay dead --- in abject apology:

The last lines of her last letter she was ever to write to Hank showed the constant face of fear. I hope and pray for your safety, Wanda wrote.

There was no safety for Hank Killam, a man somebody thought knew too much, and who was already dead when the words of his wife were written.

END

Robert:

It wasn't until 1967 that Killam's death recieved the attention it should have garnered to begin with. Ironically, the news that Pensacola, Florida police were re-investigating Hank Killam's bizarre death broke in the national media on February 23, 1967, the same day that the death of David Ferrie, made headlines in New Orleans, and across the country. Ferrie, of course was DA Jim Garrison's not-to-be star witness, whose death is arguably one of the most high-profile events to take place up until that time in the aftermath of the JFK Assassination. Basic standards of Investigative journalism would require that contact was made with the Pensacola Police Dept. and that city's Coroner's office and next of kin of the Killam family to determine what happened, as far as the re-investigation into Hank Killam's death. But there does not appear to have been a plethora of stories written about what the "re-investigation into Killam's death turned up.

Having a full scale re-investigation regarding Killam's death which happened to coincide with Jim Garrison's activities in the Big Easy at that time, and the eventual Clay Shaw Trail, may have been seen by some, not to be "in the national interest" for Killam's death to be a possible topic of national media attention." But it would be an honest statement that the American people in 1967 were not disinterested, at all.

Skeptics are however, encouraged to play devil's advocate.

Edited by Robert Howard

• 1 month later...
Guest Mark Valenti

Robert,

John Carter is the real sphinx of this episode. There's a vacuum in terms of info about him personally, his relation to LHO.

I would think that a man who actually lived with LHO would have garnered more attention over the years.

But there's virtually nothing writting about Carter.

He worked with someone whose wife worked for Jack Ruby.

He lived in the same house as LHO.

The article you posted was very informative, I hadn't seen it before. Do you have any more on John Carter?

Guest Mark Valenti
I seem to remember a report or something similar that said John Carter was having an affair with Killam's wife. Does anyone have any more details there?

James

If there was an affair, it would make an interesting complement to the alleged affair between J.D. Tippit and Johnnie Witherspoon.

I seem to remember a report or something similar that said John Carter was having an affair with Killam's wife. Does anyone have any more details there?

James

If there was an affair, it would make an interesting complement to the alleged affair between J.D. Tippit and Johnnie Witherspoon.

To say information about practically anyone who lived at 1026 Beckley [LHO's rooming house] is scarce is something of an understatement.....They were, as far as I am aware

Occupants of 1026 N. Beckley on 11/22/63: Bobby Joe Palmer, C. C. Lehmann, Roy Samuel Cleghorn, Floyd DeGraffenreid, Hugh Slough, Jack Cody, A. C. Johnson, George Gibboney, Donald Green, John Carter, James Watson, Herbert Lee.

Hugh Slough was mentioned on the recent article "The Quiet Stranger"

Donald Green was a student at SMU if memory serves correctly, and may not have been living there on 11/22/63.

There is sort of? a information blackhole re the whole essence of the relationship between John Carter, Hank Killam and Wanda, as far as I am concerned although I imagine there are some Warren Commission Exhibits and Documents [i am not aware of] that may shed more light on that issue.

I also am curious about the individual Herbert Lee

There is also the "SMU Professor who lived next door to Jack Ruby......see below

On Thursday November 21, 1963 ".......A young man knocked on the door of Apartment # 206 at 223 S. Ewing about 9:00 P.M. The apartment....was occupied by an SMU Professor. The knock was answered by the Professor's friend, Helen McIntosh, who greeted an unknown young man. When the man asked for Jack Ruby, the Professor told Mrs. McIntosh that Ruby lived in the adjoining apartment, # 207. The next day, following the assassination, Mrs. McIntosh saw photographs of "Lee Harvey Oswald" on television and realized that he was the young man who appeared at the door of the apartment the previous evening."

Gee, Lee Oswald is spending the night at Ruth Paine's Irving residence getting ready to do the dirty dead, lol.

So, who was the young man

Candidates? Larry Crafard, John Thomas Masen.......some young man who "happened to look just like LHO?"

.....Good ole Jack was certainly getting his fair share of attention pre-assassination....

2 Dallas Policeman ostensibly lived next door to him.......Dallas Police officers Sexauer and Strebeck

I do not believe the Dallas Phone Book's for 1963 reveal who lived in the apartment Helen was in with the SMU Professor

To the best of my knowledge the information below is accurate.......

226 South Ewing Listings

1963 Dallas Residential Directory

Apartment # 114 was occupied by Patricia Taylor [won amateur night strip at Carousel]Apartment # 206 was allegedly occupied by the SMU Professor

Apartment # 207 was occupied by Jack Ruby and George Senator

Apartment # 208 was occupied by Dallas Police Officers Sexauer and Strebeck

Apartment # 210 was occupied by Mr Allen F. Glober

Apartment # 214 was occupied by Stella J. Nutt

The 1963 Dallas City Directory omits any listings in the 202 through 208 Apartment Numbers;

The 1964 Dallas City Directory below, in reference to these listings.

Apartment # 114 is still occupied by Mrs. Patricia Taylor

Apartment # 206 is listed under the name of Don D. Price

Apartment # 207 is listed as vacant

Apartment # 208 is also listed as vacant

Apartment # 214 is still occupied by Stella J. Nutt

Don D. Price could have been the poor guy that just happened to be the next occupant of the apartment the young man knocked on, or.......in which case, he may have been the occupant in 1963, however there was not a Don Price to my knowledge who was a professor at SMU in 1963.....Hell maybe Helen McIntosh was quoted wrong by the Warren Commission, but I have always been interested in the story since Ruth Paine had the phone number of an SMU Professor in HER address book...he was.....

CARROLL, KENNETH -----

Sources: WC Vol. 17 (65)

Mary's Comments: SMU Professor. His name was in Ruth Paine's notebook.

At any rate after all these years I think Ruby was "controlled," by higher-ups with ties to MK-Ulktra.....So what was your question....Oh yeah, A well known researcher told me that he thought it was unfathomable that the DPD [not to mention the FBI] did not conduct interviews with each and every one of the residents of 1026 N Beckley.....I agree...I suppose they went down the same black-hole all the documents missing from the National Archives did

Edited by Robert Howard

Guest Mark Valenti

Robert,

As usual, your information is top notch. Floyd DeGraffenreid may have been in the military, it's a fairly unusual name and that's what came up.

I think that house, its occupants and their connections are important and worth pursuing.

FWIW:

In late 1966, there was a Patricia Taylor, Assisstant Professor, teaching at State University Brockport, New York, Social Science Department, who communicated with the Mississippi Sovereignty Comission.

http://www.mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents...58|1|1|1|79046|

Also a young B G Cody was one of ANP Rockwells men

CARROLL, KENNETH -----

Mary's Comments: SMU Professor. His name was in Ruth Paine's notebook. (Robert Howard)

Kenneth Carroll was the professor of religion in the college of humanities and sciences at SMU. He was a prominent speaker around Dallas with a popular lecture titled, 'The Quakers, Their Origin, Beliefs and Records'.

FWIW.

James

Edited by James Richards

FWIW:

In late 1966, there was a Patricia Taylor, Assisstant Professor, teaching at State University Brockport, New York, Social Science Department, who communicated with the Mississippi Sovereignty Comission.

Also a young B G Cody was one of ANP Rockwells men

Another curious FWIW:

William Frank Buckley, Jr. (b. 1925)

— also known as William F. Buckley, Jr. — of Manhattan, New York County, N.Y.

Born in New York, New York County, N.Y., November 24, 1925.

Brother of James Lane Buckley;

married 1950 to Patricia Taylor.

Conservative. Served in the U.S. Army during World War II; candidate for mayor of New York City, N.Y., 1965. Catholic. Irish and Swiss ancestry. Member, Skull and Bones. Leader of the conservative movement; founder and editor of National Review magazine; author and lecturer; host of television news show "Firing Line"; recipient of the Presidential Medal of Freedom on November 18, 1991. Still living as of 2004.

Books by William F. Buckley, Jr.: (Fiction by William F. Buckley, Jr.: (F)- )

God and Man at Yale : The Superstitions of 'Academic Freedom' (1951);

Brothers No More (1995); Up From Liberalism (1959);

The Committee and its critics : a calm review of the House Committee on Un-American Activities (1962);

The unmaking of a mayor (1966);

Four reforms : a guide for the seventies (1973);

United Nations Journal : A Delegate's Odyssey (1974);

Execution eve, and other contemporary ballads (1975);

(F)-Saving the Queen : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1976);

(F)-Stained Glass : A Blackford Oakes Novel (1978);

(F)-Who's on First : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1980);

(F)-Marco Polo, If You Can : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1981);

Overdrive : a personal documentary (1983);

Airborne : A Sentimental Journey (1984);

(F)-See You Later, Alligator : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1985);

(F)-High Jinx : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1986);

Gratitude : reflections on what we owe to our country (1990);

(F)-Mongoose, R.I.P. : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1990);

(F)-Tucker's Last Stand : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1991);

In Search of Anti-Semitism (1992);

(F)-A Very Private Plot : A Blackford Oakes Mystery (1994);

Nearer, My God : An Autobiography of Faith (1997);

The Lexicon : A Cornucopia of Wonderful Words for the Inquisitive Word Lover (1998);

(F)-The Redhunter : a novel based on the life of Senator Joe McCarthy (1999);

Spytime : The Undoing of James Jesus Angleton (2000);

Elvis in the Morning (2001);

Ronald Reagan: An American Hero (2001)

Nuremberg : the reckoning (2002);

Getting It Right (2003);

Regarding John Carter, there is a possible tie-in, it is listed below.......

This record is from the maryferrell.org database under the letter L.

Record: LEWIS STREET, DALLAS, TX, ----- -----

Sources: -----

Mary's

Comments: William McEwen Duff, 5420 Lewis;

Ingrid Carter, 5420 Lewis, Apt. 125 (she had Carousel Club Pass #104 [TAG 5, p. R37]);

Larry H. Schmidt, 5417 Lewis.

I think it would be significant, IF John Carter was connected to Ingrid Carter by blood or marital ties, For those not familiar with Duff, he was "staying with General Edwin Walker and is an interesting individual in his own write......

FWIW, I do not think it would require much digging to find out what the real story is regarding the truth of the Walker Assassination attempt, that is one of the flimsiest elements of the official version of the whole sordid mess there is.....

Edited by Robert Howard

Robert,

Regarding Ingrid Carter, do you know if this the same person who worked at the Merchants State Bank as a teller? I seem to remember she appeared at Ruby's trial saying that she saw him about a week before the assassination and he seemed very depressed.

James

Edited by James Richards

• 10 years later...
On 3/4/2007 at 11:51 AM, Robert Howard said:

Dallas Residential Directory

Apartment # 207 was occupied by Jack Ruby and George Senator

-------------------------

Don D. Price could have been the poor guy that just happened to be the next occupant of the apartment the young man knocked on, or.......in which case, he may have been the occupant in 1963, however there was not a Don Price to my knowledge who was a professor at SMU in 1963.....Hell maybe Helen McIntosh was quoted wrong by the Warren Commission, but I have always been interested in the story since Ruth Paine had the phone number of an SMU Professor in HER address book...he was.....

CARROLL, KENNETH -----

Mary's Comments: SMU Professor. His name was in Runth Paine's notebook.

At any rate after all these years I think Ruby was "controlled," by higher-ups with ties to MK-Ulktra.....So what was your question....Oh yeah, A well known researcher told me that he thought it was unfathomable that the DPD [not to mention the FBI] did not conduct interviews with each and every one of the residents of 1026 N Beckley.....I agree...I suppose they went down the same black-hole all the documents missing from the National Archives did

Kenneth Carroll was a Swathmore Graduate. 

Swathmore (Donald Trump) and Phillidelphia keeps turning-up under ever stone that I look under.

http://www.swarthmore.edu/Library/friends/ead/5287carr.xml

Abstract
Kenneth Carroll was a professor of Religious studies at Southern Methodist University in Dallas beginning in 1952. He also spent a sabbatical at Haverford College as the T. Wistar Brown Fellow in 1969 and 1970 and retired to Easton, Maryland, in 1986. Carroll is a recognized authority on the history of the Society of Friends on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and Virginia and has written widely on this and other subjects. Collection primarily consists of correspondence related to Carroll's research and publications, but also includes writings and miscellaneous papers.

On 3/4/2007 at 1:02 PM, John Dolva said:

FWIW:

-------------------

Quoted from above: Mr. Dolva, that's way more than just curious!!!!!

"Another curious FWIW:

married 1950 to Patricia Taylor."

Edited by Michael Clark

14 minutes ago, Michael Clark said:

Quoted from above: Mr. Dolva, that's way more than just curious!!!!!

"Another curious FWIW:

married 1950 to Patricia Taylor."

Ok, I jumped the gun, not James, bother of the famou WFB. Yet, the Buckleys had roots in Dallas.