The Education Forum

Warren Commission Member Hale Boggs

There were few references to Congressman Hale Boggs in the New York Times Index from his election in 1946 to his appointment to the Warren Commission in 1963. For seventeen years, Boggs’ low-key political career would no doubt have focused on constituent issues in Louisiana, where President Kennedy’s policies of integration and civil rights were vehemently despised.

Hale Boggs was the only other Democrat besides Senator Richard Russell of Georgia to be on Warren’s “bipartisan” Commission.

Louisiana, like Georgia, Mississippi, Alabama, and South Carolina, was one of five Southern segregationist states that went to Barry Goldwater in 1964, the only five states to go to Goldwater other than his home state of Arizona. The only two Democrats on Warren’s cover-up team did not want to offend their constituents and they readily accepted this as a cover-up task. They had no propensity to question the information that was manufactured by the CIA.

The Zapruder film brought some admission of truth from Hale Boggs three years after the assassination, and it was actually an admission that there had been a conspiracy, but in keeping with their cover-up assignment, Boggs glossed over his admission of truth.

The New York Times reported in November 1966, that Hale Boggs “said yesterday that he did not like to say that he or anyone else ‘dissented’ on the single bullet theory but, ‘I have admitted,’ he said, that a film of the assassination has raised a question.” (Obviously a question he wouldn’t address publicly.)

The New York Times also reported, “Even if Governor Connally was correct in thinking he was struck by a separate bullet, Mr. Boggs said, ‘I think it is still very established that all the bullets came from the rear which is a significant point.’”

(As cited in my post that proves Kennedy was shot from the front, on December 18, 1963, it was being said that “President Kennedy was shot twice, both times from behind,” but also that a bullet fragment coursed downward through his head and caused the wound in his throat, and that a bullet was found deep in his shoulder, and that Connally was struck by a bullet other than the two that allegedly struck the President. My post also cited that the Warren Commission said, “It is not necessary to any essential findings of the commission to determine just which shot hit Governor Connally.”)

The only way that the Warren Commission could claim that Oswald was the assassin and explain Connally’s wounds and the wound in the front of President Kennedy’s throat was to come up with the new story that President Kennedy was shot in the back of his neck and that the bullet emerged in front and struck Governor Connally.

As cited in my other post, the doctors trying to save President Kennedy’s life at Parkland Hospital stated in 1965 that the wound in the front of the President’s throat was an entry wound. Colonel Pierre Finck, who performed the autopsy on President Kennedy, testified at closed-door Congressional hearings in 1984 that both shots that struck Kennedy came from the front.

Boggs also claimed in 1966, that firing the shots accurately in five seconds from the bolt-action rifle was easily explained, saying, “The idea that you had to be an expert marksman, for instance, is one that I reject,” but by and large, people have always questioned whether or not it was possible for anyone to fire the shots that Oswald had allegedly fired.

On November 27, 1963, five days after Kennedy was assassinated, the Washington Post reported: “Sheriff Bill Decker of Dallas said he thought a skilled rifleman could reload the rifle in two seconds. With re-sighting, he said, three shots could be fired in less than 20 seconds . . . Olympic rifle champion Hubert Hammerer was quoted by Reuters as saying that any sharpshooter could have targeted the first shot. The process of using the rifle’s bolt action between shots would have made the other shots difficult . . . Leonard Davis, an official of the National Rifle Association, told the Associated Press that ‘a true expert’ could fire three shots in five seconds with accuracy but Oswald’s Marine Corps record hardly bore out a classification as a ‘true expert’ . . . Newspapers in Italy and Austria yesterday quoted rifle experts as saying it was unlikely one man could have fired three shots in five seconds with great precision from the rifle allegedly used to shoot President Kennedy. It is a European-made rifle.”

The fact is Oswald was a neurotic malcontent who didn’t appear to be very good at anything.

On December 1, 1963, one week after Oswald was silenced, a Washington Post reporter, reporting from Dallas wrote:

“Accounts here of his income during the last year and a half of his life indicate that he was bounced from one job to the next and led the life of a harried, penny-pinching common laborer of uncommon mind. He may have been exigent to the point of desperation six weeks or so before the assassination, when he found himself out of a job, his unemployment compensation exhausted, and his wife about to give birth to their second baby.”

(Oswald enthusiastically accepted a job offer at the Texas School Book Depository because the CIA orchestrated the situation he was in, with the exception of his wife being pregnant.)

As cited in the section entitled, “The Secret Service: CIA Officers with Convenient Covers,” the Secret Service didn’t start protecting the President until after President McKinley was assassinated in 1901.

After McKinley, there were nine Presidents, Theodore Roosevelt, William Taft, Woodrow Wilson, Warren Harding, Calvin Coolidge, Herbert Hoover, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Harry Truman, and Dwight D. Eisenhower, who served sixty consecutive years in the Oval Office without being assassinated.

Legislation on the CIA was passed in 1947 and 1949, and in 1951 Truman signed the legislation in which the CIA took over Secret Service duties.

On November 22, 1963, President Kennedy was assassinated, allegedly by a neurotic malcontent who happened to have been working as a stock clerk for five weeks in a building along the President’s motorcade route; a man who allegedly, when he heard where the motorcade route was, decided to bring a rifle to work the next day and assassinate the President of the United States with no problem whatsoever, because this neurotic malcontent, while not very good at anything else, was supposedly a phenomenal marksman.

Unfortunately, the neurotic malcontent was killed two days later as he was being moved “basically for his own protection.”

Besides his work as a stock clerk, Oswald performed another innocuous task, which didn’t factor into setting him up, but did give Warren’s team a reason to believe in the legitimacy of their cover up.

When Jim Garrison arrested a man named Clay Shaw on March 1, 1967, his chief investigator said, “Mr. Shaw will be charged with participation in a conspiracy to murder John F. Kennedy,” and the article citing this said Oswald had passed out pro-Castro leaflets outside the New Orleans International Trade Mart, where Shaw had served as managing director from 1947 until his retirement on October 1, 1965.

The article also stated, “Mr. Shaw said in an interview last week that he once saw Oswald distributing the leaflets” during “the fall before the assassination,” a period of Oswald’s life when he was obviously in need of some sort of income. Passing out pro-Castro leaflets may have been just another low-paying job for the admittedly Marxist Oswald, a low paying job like the one at the Texas School Book Depository.

A teenage neighbor had told Mrs. Paine, the woman who gave housing to Oswald’s wife and child, about the Book Depository job, and anyone could have told Oswald about a job passing out leaflets, such as Edward Voebel. As cited in the section on Warren, Voebel was supposedly the high-school classmate of Oswald who established the Cuban connection “only hours after the assassination” by claiming that Oswald had served in a civilian air patrol unit commanded by David Ferrie, who died four days after Garrison’s investigation became public knowledge.

The day after District Attorney Jim Garrison arrested Shaw, his office said that Oswald, Ferrie, and Shaw “plotted the assassination of President Kennedy.”

Eighty-one days later, Jim Garrison stated categorically that Oswald did not kill President Kennedy and that the CIA knows who did.

So much for Hale Boggs’ statement: “The idea that you had to be an expert marksman, for instance, is one that I reject.”

After the KGB officers killed Senator and Presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy on June 5, 1968, which was two months after they killed Martin Luther King, President Johnson established another commission to which he appointed Representative Hale Boggs.

This “commission of distinguished citizens” was established to study the causes and prevention of violence. It started off with ten members, including Boggs and three other Members of Congress.

On June 21, 1968, Johnson added three more people to this commission, including a lawyer named Leon Jaworski who testified in 1984 that he was in the CIA, and who had also been on the staff of the Warren Commission.

On October 16, 1972, two months before Warren admitted that President Johnson established the Warren Commission for the express purpose of a cover up, a light plane carrying Congressman Hale Boggs and Congressman Nick Begich disappeared in the mountainous Alaska wilderness while Boggs was making a campaign appearance for Begich, Alaska’s Representative-at-large.

The Washington Post reported that the pilot, Don Jonz, “once had been grounded by the FAA for several violations” but was “re-accredited.”

“Campaign workers” were fully responsible for causing Boggs to miss a “commercial flight.”

They “let him sleep a few extra hours, passing up a commercial flight to Juneau and chartering the plane flown by Jonz, owner of Pan-Alaska Airways . . . Ironically, it was a campaign trip Begich and Boggs probably did not have to make. Begich polled 37,900 votes to 16,500 for his two Republican opponents in the August Alaska primary election. Most political observers believe he would have no trouble in his re-election bid.”

Since his disappearance while on a plane that he wasn’t supposed to be on, during a trip that he didn’t have to make, with a pilot who was once grounded by the FAA for several violations, Hale Boggs, who admitted that Warren’s team had members who “dissented,” and that they knew Connally was struck by a separate bullet, has been “presumed dead.”

Tony,

Can you tell me more about this testimony?

"Colonel Pierre Finck, who performed the autopsy on President Kennedy, testified at closed-door Congressional hearings in 1984 that both shots that struck Kennedy came from the front."

Where can it be viewed?

Dave

Tony,

Can you tell me more about this testimony?

"Colonel Pierre Finck, who performed the autopsy on President Kennedy, testified at closed-door Congressional hearings in 1984 that both shots that struck Kennedy came from the front."

Where can it be viewed?

Dave

Yes, I also would like to know more about that, if true. Tony, please share your source for that.

Wim

I was at the closed-door Congressional hearings in 1984. I've been posting my knowledge about who killed Kennedy and why since I found the forum a few weeks ago. They're lengthy posts, but the whole story is very lengthy.

I'm new to the forum, and have read each of your posts, Mr. Frank. In each case, your mention of the closed 1984 congressional hearings has interested me as this is the first I have been aware of such events. I am interested in learning more about these hearings, if information is available.

Are there any books (I believe you have mentioned that you have one either published or in the works) or web sights where I might be able to learn more?

Thank you,

Nelson Redd

No one has ever exposed information pertaining to the 1984 closed-door Congressional hearings, but I intend to expose it all with a book that I am presently finalizing.

The Iran-Contra hearings were a few years after 1984, although the idea itself for the Iran-Contra episode originated in 1984.