The Education Forum

Questions for Gerry Hemming

Ashton Gray

Greetings Mr. Hemming.

A group of researchers that I have periodic correspondence with have been collaboratively engaged in creating a timeline of important data related to the Kennedy assassination. I have been advised that this group now concludes from the timeline that Operation Red Cross was a CIA op having nothing whatsoever to do with either Cuba or any Soviet defectors, while having everything to do with the arrival of the DeMohrenschildts and Clemard Joseph Charles in Haiti at the beginning of June 1963, and with the events of April and May 1963 leading up to their arrival in Haiti.

The group of researchers have penetrated to their satisfaction the CIA subterfuges in early April 1963 meant to make the so-called "Red Cross" op seem to originate elsewhere, and to make it appear that CIA was just "going along" with it (their tired, pathetic, theadbare usual M.O.).

The timeline has proven beyond any reasonable doubt that the machinations you have provided information about, involving CIA's Sturgis and Shackley, extending to Weyl, Pawley, and Martino, et al., between about the first of April and culminating on 18 April 1963, are exactly what led to:

• The 19 April 1963 departure from Dallas of George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt for Washington, D.C., then on to New York—where James McCord was stationed—to meet and coordinate with CIA personnel, a Chase Manhattan bank vice president, and Clemard Joseph Charles.
  • The 19 April 1963 letter purportedly by Lee Harvey Oswald to the Fair Play Committee for Cuba office in New York City.
  • The 20 April 1963 "picnic" in which Ruth Hyde Paine briefed Marina and Lee Harvey Oswald on what had been planned.
  • The 23 April 1963 announcement of a Kennedy trip to Dallas.
  • The 24 April 1963 departure of Lee Harvey Oswald for New Orleans.
  • The 26 April 1963 CIA op to stage a phony "kidnapping attempt" of the Duvalier children in Haiti.
  • The 26 April 1963 expedited request by CIA Domestic Operations Division case officer Gale Allen for a check on George DeMohrenschildt from CIA Office of Security.
  • The 26 April 1963 meeting of WUBRINY/1 (reportedly Thomas James Devine), Clemard Joseph Charles, and George DeMohrenschildt in the New York office of Wall Street investment firm Train, Cabot and Associates (a.k.a. WUSALINE).
  • The 29 April 1963 clearance from CIA Office of Security for DeMohrenschildt to accept a contract from Duvalier regime in Haiti (which contract DeMohrenschildt already had accepted months earler, in March 1963).
  • The 2 May 1963 memo from Acting Director CIA Marshall S. Carter to Special Assistant for National Security Affairs McGeorge Bundy urging "secrecy" on the Lisa Howard interviews with Castro et al. (when the interview with Castro was going to air on national television eight days later).
  • The 2 May 1963 meeting between CIA and Clemard Joseph Charles in New York City.
  • The 5 May 1963 (Sunday) meeting between Chase Manhattan Bank vice president Jerry W. Johnston, Clemard Joseph Charles, and an unknown French partner who had flown into New York for the meeting, resulting in a guarantee from Chase Manhattan of million dollar loan to Charles in conjunction with the CIA front, Agency for International Development (AID).
  • The 6 May 1963 meeting between CIA and Clemard Joseph Charles in New York City.
  • The 7 May 1963 meeting in Washington, D.C. between Clemard Joseph Charles, George and Jeanne DeMohrenschildt, Dorothe Matlack of Military Intelligence (a Tosh Plumlee contact), and CIA's Tony Czaikowski.
  • The 7 May 1963 meeting (later that day) in Washington, D.C. between Clemard Joseph Charles, the DeMohrenschildts, and the CIA "Western Hemisphere Division representative"—almost certainly Rockefeller crony J.C. King, head of CIA's Western Hemisphere Division.
  • The 9 May 1963 meeting at National Airport in Washington, D.C. between Clemard Joseph Charles, the DeMohrenschildts, and an unnamed CIA operative.
  • The 10 May 1963 memo from State Department's Haitian Desk characterizing Clemard Joseph Charles as someone close to the Duvalier government and an "undesirable character."
  • The 14 May 1963 closing of Lee Harvey Oswald's P.O. Box 2915 at the Ervay Street facility in Dallas (after Oswald was in New Orleans).
  • The 20 May 1963 Top Secret meeting between John F. Kennedy and McGeorge Bundy in which Bundy secures from Kennedy agreement not only to recall the U.S. Ambassador-to-Haiti Thurston (see 10 May 1963 memo from Thurston re: Clemard Joseph Charles), but—vitally important for the CIA "Red Cross" op to Haiti—to withdraw U.S. fleet units positioned off of the island of Gonaive after 23 May 1963.
  • The 22 May 1963 sending by the State Department (covertly arranged by CIA in collusion with Bundy) of an unnamed Chargé to Haiti under the pretext of attending Duvalier's self-coronation. [NOTE: This is the day before the issuance of National Security Memorandum No. 246 memorializing the 20 May 1963 Top Secret meeting between Bundy and Kennedy.]
  • The subsequent 22 May 1963 call from Pawley to CIA's JMWAVE Chief of Station (COS) Ted Shackley in Miami.
  • The 23 May 1963 removal of U.S. fleet units from the real target area for CIA's phony "Operation Red Cross."
  • The 25 c. May 1963 arrival of Gerry Hemming and Loran Hall in Dallas from Miami (where "Operation Red Cross" will launch).
  • The 26 May 1963 recall to Washington, D.C. of U.S. Ambassador-to-Haiti Thurston, leaving the U.S. Embassy in Haiti under the control of the just-sent Chargé.
  • The 30 May 1963 return of the DeMohrenschildts to Dallas (where Hemming and Hall have already arrived days before) to hurriedly pack.
  • The 1 June 1963 flight of the DeMohrenschidlts for the Dominican Republic, en route to Haiti.
  • The 2 June 1963 arrival of the DeMohrenschidlts in Haiti.
  • The 5 June 1963 departure at about 6:00 p.m. from Miami of William Pawley's yacht, The Flying Tiger, launching the phony "Red Cross" operation as a cover for the actual CIA op bound for Haiti, not Cuba. And, just hours later...
  • The 5 June 1963 meeting at the Cortez Hotel in El Paso, Texas involving John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, John Connally, Cliff Carter, And Fred Korth, in which it is determined that a presidential trip to Texas will take place on 21 November 1963.
  • The 6 June 1963 confirmed presence of Gerry Hemming back in Miami from Dallas.
  • The 8 June 1963 rendezvous of the CIA craft Leda and CIA PBY with the Pawley yacht near Hogsty Reef to effect the covert transport of illegal CIA materials by Haitians (not Cubans) into Haiti for DeMohrenschildt and Clemard Joseph Charles. (The men who left this area on the phony "Operation Red Cross," purportedly to Cuba, but actually to Haiti, are not heard from again.)
  • The 12 June 1963 approval by CIA's DO/CO Gale Allen for George Bush's friend Thomas Devine to be used in Project WUBRINY operations.

And that will do for now.

So there it is, Mr. Hemming, spread out like the entrails of an animal. It's ugly, I know, but then I didn't create it and wasn't involved in it. You clearly were involved with some of the principals and the events described herein, so here are a few questions the associates who are putting this timeline together proposed, just to start bridging some gaps, if you know:

1. What was CIA transporting to DeMohrenschildt and Clemard Joseph Charles under the phony cover of "Operation Red Cross"?
  2. What, if anything, did this have to do with MK-NAOMI and biological warfare?
  3. Was the purpose of your trip to Dallas at the end of May 1963—which coincides with the arrival of the DeMohrenschildt's arrival back in Dallas for one day—actually for you to brief them on the details of the CIA's phony "Operation Red Cross" and how it would connect with them in Haiti?

Of course there's much that I haven't included here, which I feel sure you're aware of—such as, e.g., your May 1963 meetings with General Edwin Walker in his home—and I do want you to know that all of this information in timelined format, in addition to these parts now having been made public, is securely stored at all times in no fewer than 8 locations internationally. I didn't want you to have any concerns about it becoming misplaced or lost to posterity by mishap.

Any further light you can shed on these troubling matters and any possible relationship you can see that they might have had to the murder of John F. Kennedy of course would be greatly appreciated.

Ashton Gray

Edited by Ashton Gray

Operation Red Cross was a CIA op having nothing whatsoever to do with either Cuba or any Soviet defectors, while having everything to do with the arrival of the DeMohrenschildts and Clemard Joseph Charles in Haiti

Utter Bosch?

Paul

Great work Ashton and un-named 'co-conspirators' on this!....I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting to get a reply form GPH....as much as I might like to hear his reply....! Love the 'stored in multiple places' 'TOUCH'....!

For those of us not so easily swayed, if a version of this timeline is available, citing sources, it would be greatly appreciated. I mean, is there any evidence that the "raid" took place on Haiti? If so, for what purpose?

From the Ashton Gray et al timeline:

[*]The 26 April 1963 meeting of WUBRINY/1 (reportedly Thomas James Devine), Clemard Joseph Charles, and George DeMohrenschildt in the New York office of Wall Street investment firm Train, Cabot and Associates (a.k.a. WUSALINE).

Reportedly? It was recently confirmed by unearthed CIA memos, no?

http://realnews.org/rn/content/zapata.html

The Harriman/Bush crime family (Zapata Offshore/Train, Cabot and Associates)

did lots of smuggling out of Haiti, obviously, because Fidel crimped them a bit after

he used their bid'na to get into power and then turned red on 'em...

Just the 2 cents of an admitted hobbyist.

From the Ashton Gray et al timeline:

[*]The 26 April 1963 meeting of WUBRINY/1 (reportedly Thomas James Devine), Clemard Joseph Charles, and George DeMohrenschildt in the New York office of Wall Street investment firm Train, Cabot and Associates (a.k.a. WUSALINE).

Reportedly? It was recently confirmed by unearthed CIA memos, no?

http://realnews.org/rn/content/zapata.html

The Harriman/Bush crime family (Zapata Offshore/Train, Cabot and Associates)

did lots of smuggling out of Haiti, obviously, because Fidel crimped them a bit after

he used their bid'na to get into power and then turned red on 'em...

Just the 2 cents of an admitted hobbyist.

If I understand them correctly, the documents confirm that Devine was active in WUBRINY, not that he was WUBRINY/1. At this point, that is just speculation. Juicy speculation at that.

Based on a few other things inconclusive that have turned up, I'm currently inclined to think that WUBRINY/1 may have been Poppy himself, given the later known 12 June 1963 date for Devine being brought on board—at least in an "official" sense.

Ashton

Of course! (slaps me head)

A very reasonable conclusion given his ownership of Zapata Offshore.

To what god does the Harriman/Bush crime family pray?

Guns Oil Drugs

Edited by Cliff Varnell

Operation Red Cross was a CIA op having nothing whatsoever to do with either Cuba or any Soviet defectors, while having everything to do with the arrival of the DeMohrenschildts and Clemard Joseph Charles in Haiti

Utter Bosch?

That "Operation Red Cross" ever was aimed at Cuba? Yes, utter bosch.

That there ever were any "Soviet defectors" to be expatriated? Yes, utter bosch.

That CIA continuously, obsessively, compulsively, inescapably uses "documented" stories of "failed" operations to cover up their actual dirty business? No: not utter bosch. They do that as regularly and predictably as they pull on trousers to cover up their shorts. It is yet one more bloody hand print.

Ashton

Utter Bosch?

That "Operation Red Cross" ever was aimed at Cuba? Yes, utter bosch.

That there ever were any "Soviet defectors" to be expatriated? Yes, utter bosch.

That CIA continuously, obsessively, compulsively, inescapably uses "documented" stories of "failed" operations to cover up their actual dirty business? No: not utter bosch. They do that as regularly and predictably as they pull on trousers to cover up their shorts. It is yet one more bloody hand print.

Ashton

And, there's a whole lot about Zapata Oil and the family jewels all the way back through Prescott, Allen Dulles, Harriman and a few other names you guys might recognize in it, too.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4...ntary&hl=en

The broken record skips, then skips, again...

Great work Ashton and un-named 'co-conspirators' on this!....

I'll pass it along to where it's actually due, although may already have gotten a lurk look or two.

I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting to get a reply form GPH....as much as I might like to hear his reply....!
Man, between him, Tosh Plumlee, Douglas Caddy, and Alfred Baldwin, I've got more unanswered questions than a Zen S.A.T.
Love the 'stored in multiple places' 'TOUCH'....!

Well, that's just the way it is. I'm a grateful hanger-on to the development of the timeline, contributing a little when I can.

Speaking of which: on the sources question that was raised, I don't yet have a fully updated version of the database with all the entries in it that are in the text version that I got and reproduced above, but I was given to understand that every event and date in the first post in this thread came from Warren Commission records and/or HSCA records and/or Weberman Nodules 10 and 11 (those references side-checked against each other), with the single (I think) exception of the WUBRINY/1-WUSALINE incident—although I'm told that Weberman even has that document in Nodule 10, but somewhat different, with "WUBRINY/1" presented as "(Deleted)." (I find that interesting, that there was a redacted version that Weberman got.)

Anyway, when I get a fully updated actual database timeline with all these newer entries I'll spot check and confirm, but I believe anyone can find every event in the text timeline I posted above publically available in the WC, HSCA, and Weberman materials with no problem.

Ashton

Edited by Ashton Gray

More on sources: I stand corrected. The references about Thurston being recalled from Haiti and the Chargé being sent to Haiti apparently came from State Department records on the web, and the info concerning National Security Memorandum No. 246 came from a collection of Kennedy administration NSMs also on the web somewhere. I'll post actual links when I get them plus any more sources that may be applicable as I get them.

Ashton

From the CIA Factbook:

Haitian Oil - production:

0 bbl/day (2003 est.)

No oil in Haiti -- but lots of interest from Poppy & Co in '63....I'm looking forward

to seeing more on what that was all about, although I can make a pretty good guess...

Edited by Cliff Varnell