The Education Forum

Pedestal's Getting Crowded

As usual, I showed what was done, how it was scaled correctly, and overlayed them for others to see.

As usual, you showed nothing.

chris

The hell you say! Your scaling is do goddamned far off that you have different lengths between images between Zapruder's elbows to his shoulders and also from his waist to his shoulders. Now do I need to point out some more obvious flaws or do you wish to admit that you showed us nothing - AS USUAL!

post-1084-1170074105_thumb.jpg

Bill, post 33 is there for everyone to disect.

The aspect ratio has not been changed. All 3 photos are the same size.

Pretty clear to see.

chris

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty clear to see.

chris

The photos may be cropped to the same size, but the people seen on them are not scaled accordingly.

We only have the picture which you provided of Zapruder filming.

Is that to say he wore his glasses when he filmed, not necessarily.

But, I'd like to think that picture is indicative of what he normally would do.

I remember White, Fetzer, and some other masterminds all talking once about how no one films with their glases on. Not only did Zapruder film with his glasses on, but I believe that Trask's book "POTP" shows Dave Powers doing the same. In fact, most people who see blurred images without their glasses on must look through a lens while wearing their glasses.

If you are going to quote me or anyone else, please provide documentation.

Otherwise keep your (expletive deleted) mouth shut. Making stuff up is not acceptable.

You have no knowledge of what "most" photographers do. I have NEVER operated

a viewfinder wearing glasses. On the other hand, I use an 8x loupe when focusing

on a ground glass 4x5 camera. You cannot distinguish your sphincter from an excavation.

Jack

Pretty clear to see.

chris

The photos may be cropped to the same size, but the people seen on them are not scaled accordingly.

As I have done in post 33,

I took all 3 photos into photoshop, layered/registered Zapruder, created a animated gif of the layers.

Now, if you would like me to post all 3 individually, that's fine, just request it.

If not, here's a suggestion for those that don't enjoy photo layering.

Take the areas Bill has suggested don't fit and put a finger on the distance between, as the animation plays.

What changes? NOTHING BECAUSE THEIR ALL THE SAME SIZE.

Forget about some silly measuring rule he supplies of ONE photo.

I'm showing 3 photos, one layered exactly over the other, and they fit LIKE A GLOVE.

chris

If you are going to quote me or anyone else, please provide documentation.

Otherwise keep your (expletive deleted) mouth shut. Making stuff up is not acceptable.

You have no knowledge of what "most" photographers do. I have NEVER operated

a viewfinder wearing glasses. On the other hand, I use an 8x loupe when focusing

on a ground glass 4x5 camera. You cannot distinguish your sphincter from an excavation.

Jack, you can find your remarks in the looney forum archive if DellaRosa hasn't deleted the thread pertaining to it.

Also, who gives a rats behind whether you wear glasses or not while taking photos? Most of your pictures show you without glasses, so your vision must not be impared to the extent of others who do wear glasses when filming. (Dave Powers seen below)

post-1084-1170111007_thumb.jpg

I'm showing 3 photos, one layered exactly over the other, and they fit LIKE A GLOVE.

chris

Oh yeah ... forget that one arm is twice as long in one photo as in the other - Chris says that measuring is silly, so it must be. That's like a capenter telling you that he made two book cases the same size for your den, but don't worry that one is 40 to 50 percent taller then the other ... that's just a silly measuring glitch. post-1084-1170111269_thumb.gif

Edited by Bill Miller

If one was to take a closer look at the picture(second one down on the first page)one might even see what appears to be the same people(blended in) only two to two and a 1/2 feet taller.With a short light curly haired women & a man with a white hat on.The women that I`m possibly seeing has a white spot on her left shoulder.

Edited by Michael Crane

chris

Oh yeah ... forget that one arm is twice as long in one photo as in the other - Chris says that measuring is silly, so it must be. That's like a capenter telling you that he made two book cases the same size for your den, but don't worry that one is 40 to 50 percent taller then the other ... that's just a silly measuring glitch. post-1084-1170111269_thumb.gif

We are talking about 2 different items.

I said I didn't rescale the ZAPRUDER photo. I did not.

My original point was the hat/face in Betzner didn't fit the body. Wasn't trying to rescale it.

You said I didn't rescale ZAPRUDER TO FIT BETZNER, that is correct.

That's clear now.

Here is Moorman scaled to Betzner.

2 full lenghth bodies scaled to each other.

The other Betzner photo is what you labeled as the height of the hat and shoulders with the dotted line.

I still contend that the face/hat do not fit the body in Betzner.

Also included is the photo of Zapruder, supplied by John Dolva in a earlier response to this or another thread.

Is this the only photo we have of Zapruder wearing his hat?

chris