The Education Forum

Pedestal's Getting Crowded

Chris,

Please do not take my post the wrong way.The only reason I asked the question,is because I believe that there are several images blended together.Now,please don`t think that all I ever did in life was follow around the Grateful Dead & consume large amounts of mind altering drugs.I assure you that is not the case.

Although there are not many images that are clearly visable,I believe that there might be several that are blended together.

I would like to take this time and ask you,how many hats do you believe you can see in that whole picture?These can be "any" kind of hats,they just can not be visors or beanies.

I will anxiously await your answer.

Edited by Michael Crane

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, the scaling I did. I scanned the magazine at 100%. What do you want me to use as the size?

post-1084-1170016859_thumb.gif You are joking - right? You can't just take two different pictures of someone taken from different angles and distances from the camera and overlay them on top of one another and expect to have a meaningful overlay example. Unbelievable!

Edited by Bill Miller

Chris,

Please do not take my post the wrong way.The only reason I asked the question,is because I believe that there are several images blended together.Now,please don`t think that all I ever did in life was follow around the Grateful Dead & consume large amounts of mind altering drugs.I assure you that is not the case.

Although there are not many images that are clearly visable,I believe that there might be several that are blended together.

I would like to take this time and ask you,how many hats do you believe you can see in that whole picture?These can be "any" kind of hats,they just can not be visors or beanies.

I will anxiously await your answer.

Michael,

I see one dark hat atop the black-suited man, whose body it does not belong to.

If you see others, please specify.

chris

Bill, the scaling I did. I scanned the magazine at 100%. What do you want me to use as the size?

post-1084-1170016859_thumb.gif You are joking - right? You can't just take two different pictures of someone taken from different angles and distances from the camera and overlay them on top of one another and expect to have a meaningful overlay example. Unbelievable!

Bill,

If that's the case, then all the comparisons supplied with the white shirted man in Wiegman are invalid.

And I guess that's not light through trees, but a person after all.

Yes, you can take photos from different angles and positions and compare. It's called 3Dimensional Registration.

I ask again, please supply your versions.

chris

Chris, what date is the Life issue that has that photo?

Some thoughts::

People who wear glasses find that using things with other lenses like cameras, binoculars and telescopes difficult as the eye piece has to be separately focused to suit their particular sight. It can be, as the side by side photo I posted of Zap indicates, that he looked over the top of the camera. Otherwise, if he didn't do that and looked through the eyepiece with his glasses on then the eye piece is a distance away from his face. This (either of those situations) could explain the apparent corona visible on Zapruder as the eye piece is also a projector. If light enters it from behind the camera it projects that light forward. In this instance towards Betzner.

This helps to locate the eye piece, and hence, depending on whether Z looked over the camera when filming (which could account for him not centering the limo very well.) it then locates the hat.

Here Betzner photographs Zap and vice versa. Does not being able to see B well mean he was not there?

Bill,

One more item.

Perhaps you can provide a face and glasses for Zapruder in this Betzner?

As I stated earlier to John, and you pointed out previously, that is the top of his hat. I agree

Where would his eyes and glasses be in relation to his hat?

Where's the camera in front of his face?

chris

Ok Chris,

Let`s start at the cement wall.Take a look to the far left of the wall,and go up to about the height of Abraham Zapruders knees and lower.If you look closely(to the far left) at what appears to be bushes,or are in fact bushes,one might see up to about 4 images that look similar to men wearing hats.Two of them appear to be of the military or law enforcement type.

Another point of inspection would be to pan to are right & look real close at an image seen in the lower leg of Abraham Zapruder.

Now,before I go any further,and making myself look even more foolish,are you able to see what may look like a Highway Patrolman or a person on the police force that rides a motorcycle,sitting down or stepping down from one part of the wall to a lower part,or another gentleman that appears to be wearing a light color pair of pants,with a belt on,right beside Abe on his right side?

Edited by Michael Crane

Chris, what date is the Life issue that has that photo?

Some thoughts::

People who wear glasses find that using things with other lenses like cameras, binoculars and telescopes difficult as the eye piece has to be separately focused to suit their particular sight. It can be, as the side by side photo I posted of Zap indicates, that he looked over the top of the camera. Otherwise, if he didn't do that and looked through the eyepiece with his glasses on then the eye piece is a distance away from his face. This (either of those situations) could explain the apparent corona visible on Zapruder as the eye piece is also a projector. If light enters it from behind the camera it projects that light forward. In this instance towards Betzner.

This helps to locate the eye piece, and hence, depending on whether Z looked over the camera when filming (which could account for him not centering the limo very well.) it then locates the hat.

Here Betzner photographs Zap and vice versa. Does not being able to see B well mean he was not there?

John,

the issue is November 24, 1967.

Bill pointed out the top of the black hat for a comparison. I agree with that.

I also see the brim of that hat.

I see a black hat and just below, two dark circles which appear to be eyes.

Where's the rest of this person's face?

If you tell me he has a camera up to his face, where's the camera and his black arm sleeve that come up to his face holding the partial black camera housing? The rest of his suit is black.

Instead, we have this somewhat transparent area cutting diagonally across the middle of his face.

The body doesn't fit with the hat.

chris

Thank's for the date. This is why I wanted to see the unaltered original image used, warts and all. If what looks like a hexagonal corona is the eye piece projecting the light from behind the camera it may be it alters (double exposes?) the B film in that area as Betzner photographs that projection which is more concentrated light as well as that which that light as a consequence may mask.

If, as the photo of Z using his camera indicates, Z looks over the camera when filming, perhaps using the centre join or something on the top of it as a sight, then one needs to look for the camera differently.

Ok Chris,

Let`s start at the cement wall.Take a look to the far left of the wall,and go up to about the height of Abraham Zapruders knees and lower.If you look closely(to the far left) at what appears to be bushes,or are in fact bushes,one might see up to about 4 images that look similar to men wearing hats.Two of them appear to be of the military or law enforcement type.

Another point of inspection would be to pan to are right & look real close at an image seen in the lower leg of Abraham Zapruder.

Now,before I go any further,and making myself look even more foolish,are you able to see what may look like a Highway Patrolman or a person on the police force that rides a motorcycle,stepping down from one part of the wall to another or another gentleman that appears to be wearing a light color pair of pants,with a belt on,right beside Abe on his right side?

Michael,

Not sure what your getting at.

If it's that we all perceiive things differently, I totally agree.

I created Jesus in the sky from a Wiegman frame, that I thought looked pretty good, which others could see plainly.

Do you actually see these as real?

I'm more concerned with the hat which does not belong to the dark suit.

If someone would like to fill in a face for me with a camera up to it, and sync it with the hat, that would be very helpful.

thanks

chris

Thank's for the date. This is why I wanted to see the unaltered original image used, warts and all. If what looks like a hexagonal corona is the eye piece projecting the light from behind the camera it may be it alters (double exposes?) the B film in that area as Betzner photographs that projection which is more concentrated light as well as that which that light as a consequence may mask.

If, as the photo of Z using his camera indicates, Z looks over the camera when filming, perhaps using the centre join or something on the top of it as a sight, then one needs to look for the camera differently.

Thanks John,

We only have the picture which you provided of Zapruder filming.

Is that to say he wore his glasses when he filmed, not necessarily.

But, I'd like to think that picture is indicative of what he normally would do.

chris

Bill,

If that's the case, then all the comparisons supplied with the white shirted man in Wiegman are invalid.

At least the claims where some dunce said he saw a man in a white shirt on the pedestal with Sitzman are invalid.
And I guess that's not light through trees, but a person after all.

No, it is light through the trees - it always was light through the trees.

Yes, you can take photos from different angles and positions and compare. It's called 3Dimensional Registration.

If you could do that, then there would have been no silly post made about a third or fourth person on the pedestal. And yes, one can cross reference photos, but your Zapruder was not scaled correctly vertically.

Edited by Bill Miller

We only have the picture which you provided of Zapruder filming.

Is that to say he wore his glasses when he filmed, not necessarily.

But, I'd like to think that picture is indicative of what he normally would do.

I remember White, Fetzer, and some other masterminds all talking once about how no one films with their glases on. Not only did Zapruder film with his glasses on, but I believe that Trask's book "POTP" shows Dave Powers doing the same. In fact, most people who see blurred images without their glasses on must look through a lens while wearing their glasses.