The Education Forum

Question for Duane.

Guest Stephen Turner

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come Kevin , surley you can do better than this lame stuff .

Radio signals have been bounced OFF of the moon long before nasa ever pretended to land men there ....

Plus , there is no way to tell if a signal is coming FROM the moon or being bounced OFF of the moon .... So I guess that that little theory just went up in flames ! :flame

Just one more item to add to the list of things straydog knows nothing about - RADIO.

not onlu did the ham's listen in when they were orbiting the moon, they did so during the trans lunar portions of the mission.

Also, I do hope you realize that based on your most recent post, you acknowledge that your claim that "and ham operators who have NEVER come forward with any evidence that they listened in on the Apollo transmissions" was totally false and without merit?

In other words a complete FANTASY!

Just like you did in one of your recent posts , I mis-spoke .... When I said that no ham operators had ever come forward , I meant the ham operators who made the fantastic claims that they picked up alternate Apollo radio transmissions from the boys on the moon to Houston and heard Neil say to Houston ... " These babies are huge !! ... and they are watching us from up on the ridge !! "

Aliens on the moon set anybody ? ... No ? ... Okay then , how about some non-existant ham operators nasa DISINFORMATION ?

Edited by Duane Daman

When I said that no ham operators had ever come forward , I meant the ham operators who made the fantastic claims that they picked up alternate Apollo radio transmissions from the boys on the moon to Houston and heard Neil say to Houston ... " These babies are huge !! ... and they are watching us from up on the ridge !! "

Aliens on the moon set anybody ? ... No ? ... Okay then , how about some non-existant ham operators nasa DISINFORMATION ?

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but you do realise that the "...these babies are huge!" bit comes from a mockumentry called ALTERNATIVE 3?

"Bill Wood is a highly qualified scientist and has degrees in mathematics, physics and chemistry, and a space rocket and propulsion engineer. He has been granted high security clearance for a number of top secret projects and has worked with Macdonald Douglas and engineers who worked on the Saturn 5 rocket (the Apollo launch vehicle). He worked at Goldstone as a Communications Engineer during the Apollo missions. Goldstone in California, USA, were responsible for receiving and distributing the pictures sent from the Apollo to Houston. He says early video machines were used to record the NASA footage here on Earth by the TV networks. They received the FM carrier signal on Earth, ran it through an FM demodulator and processed it in an RCA scan converter that took the slow scan signal and converted it to the US standard black and white TV signal. The film was then sent onto Houston. When they were converting from slow scan to fast scan, RCA used disc and scan recorders as a memory and it played back the same video several times until it got an updated picture. In other words the signal was recorded onto video one then converted to video two. Movie film runs at 30 frames per second, whereas video film runs at 60 frames per second. So in other words the footage that most people saw that they thought was 'live' wasn't, and was actually 50% slower than the original footage!!! "

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicapollo.html

Duane –

Since you posted this, I assume you understood it.

For those who might have been fooled by the author’s slight of hand:

IIRC - The first part of the paragraph fairly accurately describes the process of converting the slow scan video from the moon to NTSC standard.

The italicized sentences are the author’s comments, and are wrong. Movie film does not run at 30 fps, it typically runs at 24fps(admited nit-pick)

An NTSC TV signal is not 60 fps – it is 30 fps interlaced. That means there are 30 full frames per second, transmitted as 60 half frames. The half frames are divided vertically, with each frame providing ½ of the horizontal scan lines – frame 1 the odd lines, frame 2 the even lines. For those of you watching PAL - that would be 25 fps interlaced.

When I said that no ham operators had ever come forward , I meant the ham operators who made the fantastic claims that they picked up alternate Apollo radio transmissions from the boys on the moon to Houston and heard Neil say to Houston ... " These babies are huge !! ... and they are watching us from up on the ridge !! "

I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or not, but you do realise that the "...these babies are huge!" bit comes from a mockumentry called ALTERNATIVE 3?

If these alleged Apollo voice transmissions originally came for 'Alternative 3' it doesn't look as if too many people know that ..... Not only does this disinformation dialogue appear on many UFO conspiracy sites but even the author Timothy Goode in his book 'Above Top Secret ' , made the ridiculous claim that these Apollo 11 radio transmissions were picked up by literally hundreds of amatuer ham radio operators .... But for some strange reason none of these imaginary ham operators have ever come foward to confirm this information.

Here's the transcript from one of the sites .... Looks like some of the Apollo hoax researchers are even pushing this BS .

Apollo 11:

"I say that there were other spaceships!"

Apollo 11, with Neil Armstrong, Michael Collins and Edwin Aldrin was the first Apollo flight to land on the Moon, on July 20, 1969. While Collins flew in orbit around the Moon in the command module, Armstrong and Aldrin descended in the lunar module, landing in the Sea of Tranquillity at 4:17 P.M.

According to hitherto un-confirmed reports, both Neil Armstrong and Edwin "Buzz" Aldrin saw UFOs shortly after that historic landing on the Moon in Apollo 11 on 21 July 1969. I remember hearing one of the astronauts refer to a "light" in or on a crater during the television transmission, followed by a request from mission control for further information. Nothing more was heard.

The following astonishing conversation was picked up by ham radio operators that had their own VHF receiving facilities that bypassed NASA's broadcasting outlets. At this time, the live television broadcast was interrupted for two minutes due to a supposed "overheated camera", but the transmission below was received loud and clear by hundreds of ham radio operators:

According to Otto Binder, who was a member of the NASA space team, when the two moon-walkers, Aldrin and Armstrong were making their rounds some distance from the LEM, Armstrong clutched Aldrin's arm excitedly and exclaimed:

Armstrong: What was it? What the hell was it? That's all I want to know!"

Mission Control: What's there?... malfunction (garble) ... Mission Control calling Apollo 11 ...

Apollo 11: These babies were huge, sir!... Enormous!... Oh, God! You wouldn't believe it! ... I'm telling you there are other space-craft out there ... lined up on the far side of the crater edge! ... They're on the Moon watching us!

Wilson writes (p. 48): "Binder ends his report with this observation: 'There has, understandably, been no confirmation of this incredible report by NASA or any authorities. WE cannot vouch for its authenticity, but if true, one can surmise that mission control went into a dither and then into a huddle, after which they sternly [ordered] the moonwalkers to 'forget' what they saw and carry on casually and calmly as if nothing had happened. After all, an estimated 600 million people around the world were hanging on every word spoken by the first two men to leave footprints on the Moon."

The book "Celestial Raise" by Richard Watson and ASSK [P.O. Box 35 Mt. Shasta CA. 96067 (916)-926-2316); 1987; page 147-148] records the following (continuation?) of the above remarkable dialogue of Apollo 11, which was picked up by hundreds of ham radio operators in the USA:

"During the transmission of the Moon landing of Armstrong and Aldrin, who journeyed to the Moon in an American spaceship, two minutes of silence occurred in which the image and sound were interrupted. NASA insisted that this problem was the result of one of the television cameras which had overheated, thus interfering with the reception.

This unexpected problem surprised even the most qualified of viewers who were unable to explain how in such a costly project, one of the most essential elements could break down... Some time after the historic Moon landing, Christopher Craft, director of the base in Houston, made some surprising comments when he left NASA.

The contents of these comments, which is included in the conversations [below], has been corroborated by hundreds of amateur radio operators who had connected their stations to the same frequency through which the astronauts transmitted. During the two minute interruption - which was not as it seemed, NASA, Armstrong and Aldrin with Cape Kennedy, censored both image and sound. 'I say that there were other spaceships.'

Here is reproduced completely the dialogue between the American astronauts and Control Center:

Armstrong & Aldrin: Those are giant things. No, no, no - this is not an optical illusion. No one is going to believe this!

Houston (Christopher Craft): What ... what ... what? What the hell is happening? What's wrong with you?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They're here under the surface.

Houston: What's there? (muffled noise) Emission interrupted; interference control calling 'Apollo 11'.

Armstrong & Aldrin: We saw some visitors. They were here for a while, observing the instruments.

Houston: Repeat your last information!

Armstrong & Aldrin: I say that there were other spaceships. They're lined up in the other side of the crater!

Houston: Repeat, repeat!

Armstrong & Aldrin: Let us sound this orbita ... in 625 to 5 ... Automatic relay connected ... My hands are shaking so badly I can't do anything. Film it? God, if these damned cameras have picked up anything - what then?

Houston: Have you picked up anything?

Armstrong & Aldrin: I didn't have any film at hand. Three shots of the saucers or whatever they were that were ruining the film

Houston: Control, control here. Are you on your way? What is the uproar with the UFOs over?

Armstrong & Aldrin: They've landed here. There they are and they're watching us.

Houston: The mirrors, the mirrors - have you set them up?

Armstrong & Aldrin: Yes, they're in the right place. But whoever made those spaceships surely can come tomorrow and remove them. Over and out.

A certain professor, who wished to remain anonymous, was engaged in a discussion with Neil Armstrong during a NASA symposium.

Professor: What REALLY happened out there with Apollo 11?

Armstrong: It was incredible, of course we had always known there was a possibility - the fact is, we were warned off! There was never any question then of a space station or a moon city.

Professor: How do you mean "warned off"?

Armstrong: I can't go into details, except to say that their ships were far superior to ours both in size and technology - Boy, were they big!...and menacing! No, there is no question of a space station.

Professor: But NASA had other missions after Apollo 11?

Armstrong: Naturally - NASA was committed at that time, and couldn't risk panic on Earth. But it really was a quick scoop and back again.

According to a Dr. Vladimir Azhazha:

"Neil Armstrong relayed the message to Mission Control that two large, mysterious objects were watching them after having landed near the Moon module (LEM). But this message was never heard by the public - because NASA censored it."

According to a Dr. Aleksandr Kasantsev, Buzz Aldrin took color movie film of the UFOs from inside the module, and continued filming them after he and Armstrong went outside.

Armstrong confirmed that the story was true but refused to go into further detail, beyond admitting that the CIA was behind the cover-up."

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/cosmicphotos.html

Yep, that is all from ALTERNATIVE 3, a UK 'mockumentry' of the 1970s. Even today, it gets repeated as gospel.

Even without knowing of Alternative 3, there are a couple of things in the transcript that would immediately stand out to those with some knowledge.

*Otto Binder - a name never mentioned as being involved with Apollo except in Alternative 3. Actually, some might know Otto Binder as being a science-fiction author who also wrote some articles on the subject of UFOs!

*Where Houston says "Repeat your last information" and "Repeat! Repeat!". These people were pilots, and in aviation lingo you don't say 'repeat' in that context; the phrase "Say again" is used. Most people wouldn't notice it, but the aviators certainly would.

*Chris Craft (sic) - Chris Kraft at that time was the head of the Flight Operations Directorate, but was not a Flight Director for Apollo 11; four other people were. Also, even as 'Flight', he does not normally speak to the spacecraft. All communications will normally go through the CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator), who is always another astronaut.

*"Control here" - they used the callsign 'Houston', not Control. Additionally, they call "Apollo 11" - with Aldrin & Armstrong on the lunar surface, there were two occupied spacecraft: the LM and the CSM. This meant two callsigns - Columbia (CSM) and Eagle (LM). They only used 'Apollo 11' when the astronauts were all together in the CSM.

*Overheating TV camera - I don't remember that ever happening, but I'd have to check my facts on that.

So on the surface it might appear to be something that was a genuine record, but when you scratch the surface you can see that the facts just don't add up.

I saw the programme, and used to have the book (which was a very good read).

Article on ALTERNATIVE 3.

Edited by Evan Burton

Yep, that is all from ALTERNATIVE 3, a UK 'mockumentry' of the 1970s. Even today, it gets repeated as gospel.

Even without knowing of Alternative 3, there are a couple of things in the transcript that would immediately stand out to those with some knowledge.

*Otto Binder - a name never mentioned as being involved with Apollo except in Alternative 3. Actually, some might know Otto Binder as being a science-fiction author who also wrote some articles on the subject of UFOs!

*Where Houston says "Repeat your last information" and "Repeat! Repeat!". These people were pilots, and in aviation lingo you don't say 'repeat' in that context; the phrase "Say again" is used. Most people wouldn't notice it, but the aviators certainly would.

*Chris Craft (sic) - Chris Kraft at that time was the head of the Flight Operations Directorate, but was not a Flight Director for Apollo 11; four other people were. Also, even as 'Flight', he does not normally speak to the spacecraft. All communications will normally go through the CAPCOM (Capsule Communicator), who is always another astronaut.

*"Control here" - they used the callsign 'Houston', not Control.

*Overheating TV camera - I don't remember that ever happening, but I'd have to check my facts on that.

So on the surface it might appear to be something that was a genuine record, but when you scratch the surface you can see that the facts just don't add up.

I saw the programme, and used to have the book (which was a very good read).

Article on ALTERNATIVE 3.

Alternative 3 Parts 1-4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkugLpEW4UI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FahmnHVNv6U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRUHqZgDG74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vnh_a8Zgbg