The Education Forum

Clay Shaw's & the 'Lambert' alias

I am trying to do some research on Shaw's use of a third alias, 'Lambert'. Does anyone know of any other instances or stories of Shaw using the alias 'Lambert'? The one instance I know of is the claim of Ed Girnus.

Thanks

I specialize in the study of primary materials related to New Orleans, but my focus for many years has been more on Ferrie than Shaw. However, the only time I've ever seen the name Lambert possibly associated with Shaw was in the Girnus interviews and the flight plan, which seems to have originated with Girnus.

I have a friend (not a member of this forum) who specializes in Shaw, and I will ask him if he knows of any other association of the Lambert name with Shaw.

I am trying to do some research on Shaw's use of a third alias, 'Lambert'. Does anyone know of any other instances or stories of Shaw using the alias 'Lambert'? The one instance I know of is the claim of Ed Girnus.

Thanks

I specialize in the study of primary materials related to New Orleans, but my focus for many years has been more on Ferrie than Shaw. However, the only time I've ever seen the name Lambert possibly associated with Shaw was in the Girnus interviews and the flight plan, which seems to have originated with Girnus.

I have a friend (not a member of this forum) who specializes in Shaw, and I will ask him if he knows of any other association of the Lambert name with Shaw.

Hi Stephen,

thank you, if you could ask your friend that would be much appreciated.

Thanks

I looked for Lambert information when I read your post. I didn't know this, and that's pretty cool that you brought it up.

I wanted to tell you that I was running the Lambert name through my head, and, well, here it is, in all of its goofiness......

Alias We Know-----> Clay Bertrand,

Also, (and I know you've seen this)-----> Clem Bertrand

Take the "C" off of Clem and then use only the 1st syllable of the last name (Bert) and what do you get ? lem bert

Now, say it fast.

Lembert--Lambert.

Weird, huh?? :ice

Thats a great find Kathy, I would never have thought of that.

Bravo.

John

Thanks

Hi Stephen,

thank you, if you could ask your friend that would be much appreciated.

My friend is working on a Shaw biography. I asked, and he had not run into the Lambert alias in any non-Girnus connection.