The Education Forum

Moderating Committee: Political Conspiracies

John Simkin

To all Moderators: (sent via PM)

I believe the time has come for serious and public censure.

This either applies to Evan Burton or Jack White – Only you know who is right and who is wrong!

I wont go into the gory details of why Jack has done what he has done, but here is the crux of the matter. Either Jack or Evan is intentionally lying in order to make a point.

Either Evan locked the thread:

“A very peculiar Apollo series, ...Bernice, please post image here:”

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10008

or he did not.

If he did then he needs censure because he has openly said that he did not lock the thread in question in the post immediately above:

“The thread has NOT been locked and it has NEVER been locked.”

If he did not lock the thread then Jack is intentionally trying to deceive when he posts:

“I will continue to post research in the "four sticks" series

regardless of how many times Apollogist Burton locks it...

every day if necessary. He is totally out of line to consider

it his power to censor legitimate research which he disagrees

with. He certainly has no power to control how I conduct

my research or how I publish it. I REFUSE TO BE CENSORED.”

Continuing the unfairly locked apollo series, ...this is serious research, despite Burton's bias:

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=10025

There is a reason that there are several moderators on this forum – this is it!

Well I know nothing about the people who run this site and their abilities and/or willingness to do it, but there should be logs that can be searched to see if the thread was locked. On my own forums I have been called to do similar things and the result was never ambiguous.

I totally agree. I am more than happy to leave this matter in the hands of other mods.

As only John S and Andy have access to the forum audit logs (I know I do not have any such access), I have asked them to confirm that what I have said is correct.

It appears that Mr. Burton has carried out his threat to

lock a TOPIC WHICH I ORIGINATED. I spent fifteen minutes

composing a message and attaching a photo. It was rejected

and lost, and I got this message:

YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO REPLY TO THIS TOPIC.

Yeah and below that it said:

"You are not logged in, you may log in below".

You used the "Fast Reply" option it opens whether you are logged in or not [See PS at bottom of post]. If you try to reply to a locked thread you get a different error message:

"Sorry, this topic has been locked"

Don't believe me? Try the following experiment - Part 1

1) Log out 2) go to any thread 3) click the 'Fast Reply' button, type any gibberish you want it doesn't make a difference it won't post 4) click the “Add Reply” button see which error message you get

Part 2

1) Log in 2) go to a locked thread* 3) click the “Reply” button on any message and see what message you get.

Presumably the moderators of this forum will be able to confirm that someone using your IP tried to reply using “Fast Reply” on the original thread, then minutes later you logged in** and then you started the threads claiming the original one had been locked.

You owe Evan an apology but I seriously doubt you have enough courage to admit your error and offer it.

As for you lost time we all know the forum software isn’t perfect some times messages “go missing’ that’s another reason you should compose you messages using a word processing program (i.e. “Word” “WordPerfect” etc) and then copy it to the forum. This is already recommended in the forum’s rules.

Len

* Like this one for example http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9664 locked threads can be found using the “Topics” scroll down menu at the bottom of the Political Conspiracies page

** Either that or you switched computers or browsers

ATTN any moderators who haven’t already noticed I believe Jack committed a serious breech of forum rules as I spelled out in the “A very peculiar Apollo series” thread.

PS – I just got the “You do not have permission to reply to this topic” error it seems that the software might log people out on its own. Jack still should have noticed the line below telling him he wasn’t logged in

Edited by Len Colby

I totally agree. I am more than happy to leave this matter in the hands of other mods.

As only John S and Andy have access to the forum audit logs (I know I do not have any such access), I have asked them to confirm that what I have said is correct.

What you have said Evan is correct.

• 2 years later...
Why am I being singled out to LOG IN DAILY (or several times daily)? Is this a signal to

someone that I am online and need to be monitored? This has been going on for several

weeks.

Jack

No you are not being singled out or monitored. Everyone has to log in to access the forum.

Jack,

Can you confirm that you have ticked the "Remember Me" check-box on the login window? That, and I think you have to accept cookies from this site.

Also be aware that every now and again I find I have to login again. Only once every few weeks, but it does happen.

I was having to log in to several sites multiple times daily until I found that Adaware was deleting all my cookies multiple times a day. Turned that off and I still have to log in to everything about once a week. I still haven't found what is causing that. Only happens on this computer and not on one of my others. Perhaps Jack has adaware or a similar program deleting his cookies?

Jack,

Can you confirm that you have ticked the "Remember Me" check-box on the login window? That, and I think you have to accept cookies from this site.

Also be aware that every now and again I find I have to login again. Only once every few weeks, but it does happen.

Until today, I was having to log in DAILY, and often several times a day. This morning I did not have to log in.

Jack

Guest Gary Loughran

Jack you aren't using Firefox by chance. I have the privacy set to delete all data everytime I close firefox. Which means I must always retype passwords etc etc. It's a practice even I find occasionally annoying, but ultimately worth it.

I sincerely don't believe there is a conspiracy against you or anyone else on the forum. FWIW.

Gary / Matt,

I also use Firefox (Ver 3.5.3) with Adblock 1.1.1 and NoScript 1.9.8.86; as I said: occasionally having to re-login but generally okay.

I'm using IE 8. Still not sure why I have to log into all my sites once a week but at least not multiple times daily anymore.