The Education Forum

More Missing Lunar Buggy Tire Tracks

Duane Daman

Now that Stephen has pointed it out, there does seem to be a remnant of a tyre trach just behind the trye - almost completely obscured.

It might be considered peculiar if every single tyre track was obscured by bootprints and kicked up dust. Obviously that is nowhere near the case. Take for example this photo - AS15-82-11201. Please look at the photo in the link as it is of higher resolution, and has better contrasrt, than the copy of the image I've posted.

http://www.hq.nasa.gov/alsj/a15/AS15-82-11201.jpg

11201.jpg

You can clearly see the tyre track behind the wheel, which is then completely obscured by a bootprint and dust.

I fail to understand why it is being inferred that lunar dust and bootprints can not cover up lunar rover tracks. The astronauts spent a lot of time loading and unloading equipment and rocks from the rover, and we have all seen how much dust is kicked up with each step. IMHO it's a non sequitur to suggest that astronaut activity around the lunar rover couldn't have kicked up enough dust sufficient to cover some tyre tracks.

Dave ... If I were to post every phony lunar buggy photo that nasa ever faked , you would see that there are just as many, if not more photos without tires tracks than with, behind the buggy and in between the front and rear tires .

I haven't studied as many of the Apollo 14 photos but the 15 and 17 photo shoots were particularly sloppy in their pretense of taking these silly looking photos on the real moon .